• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Need some help with my sound system

Scarabpaul

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
hi all,

I recently started getting some weird sounds coming from my speakers when I turn on my blower or adjust my trim tabs. Thought it was my amp acting up as its been cutting in and out. I just replaced my amp and thought that would solve the problem but it didn't. I checked the ground wire and all good, double checked all connection. Have a listen to this video of the issue. I just ordered new RCA wires just in case. any suggestions?

mkbcaptain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Sounds like you tapped in to an FBI surveillance feed....

Where did you ground the amp to? It could be a faulty ground of the blower and or the tabs. But it’s 100% a signal noise injection.

Scarabpaul

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Sounds like you tapped in to an FBI surveillance feed....

Where did you ground the amp to? It could be a faulty ground of the blower and or the tabs. But it’s 100% a signal noise injection.
The amp is grounded to the battery and same with the trim tab. Could an issue with the blower ground cause this noise? Its not even close to the stereo equipment.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I have a professionally installed JL system and the blower still causes noise on the system when it's running. 6 M6's in the tub, 2 M6's on the transom deck, 2 M8.8's on the tower, 10" sub in a box behind the helm and 1500watts of amplification. You can only hear it when you're standing next to the tower speakers and the blower is on, but it still sucks. Just the nature of boats. Turn it up and don't worry about it.

IvanRZB

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Did you make sure it's all speakers, or is it possibly just one or 2 speakers?

Main suspects would be ground connections to the amp, to the head unit, if that all checks out then you could be picking up noise from the HU connection into the amp.