• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Need some stereo help

Jscan

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey guys, I have a 2015 AR240 and my stereo started cutting out on me on high volumes. If I turn it down low it will play ok. Has anyone ever ran into this problem. I would appreciate any advice.

Jscan

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just had new amp and tower speakers installed in January and it sounded really good. Haven’t had any problem with it until today. Just started cutting out on high volume. Do u think it could be the stereo head, it is the original one

Danielmailin

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
The cut out is from your amp, you may be clipping and the amp is giving out, or you just may have a bad amp. Did you tune your amp to avoid clipping

Jscan

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I had it install by stereo shop so not exactly sure but I would think they know what they r doing. So it’s coming from the amp

Danielmailin

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Most likely, either they did not do the turning correctly or you have a bad amplifier.

Jscan

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ok thanks for the info Daniel, I will give them a call.

Paul Kalamary

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Check out the JBL Boom Box with 30 hrs of charge no need to connect anything just take it.......Keep your boat batteries fresh