• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Needing advice on Wet Sounds Amps

Setec_Fl

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have recently upgraded my stock speakers to 2x Wet Sounds Rev 10s and 4x Revo 6 XS. My plan is to eventually add a 10 inch open-air sub, but that’s a future project.
I asked the “experts” at Crutchfield for advice on the Amps, but I want a second opinion. They said the HTX-6 is plenty of amp for those 6 speakers. But I’ve also seen others use the Syn-DX2.3 HP for the towers and something else for the inside speakers. Below are the specs of the speakers and the amps I’m considering. I’d rather not buy more amp then I need but also don’t want to miss out on what these speakers can really do.
Thoughts on a good amp configuration? Is there another that I should look at, like one that would also drive the sub so I don’t need 3 amps on my boat? I don’t know much about marine audio. So please forgive my ignorance.

channels
4 OHMs
2 OHMs
Cross High
Cross Low
Frequency Resp
RMS
Peak
Impedance
Rev 10s
2​
20 Hz - 20 KHz300W600W4 OHMS
Revo 6 XS-B-SS
4​
40 Hz - 22 KHz100W200W4 OHMS
Syn-DX2.3 HP
2​
300W600W50 Hz - 500 KHz50 Hz - 500 KHz20 Hz - 20 KHz
HTX-4
4​
100W150W 50Hz - 250 Hz7 Hz - 33 Hz
Sinister-SDX4
4​
185W340W30Hz - 300 Hz30Hz - 300 Hz8 Hz - 35 KHz
HTX-6
6​
100W150W 50Hz - 250 Hz7 Hz - 33 Hz

gallobg

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
In my opinion, the HTX-6 output will be fine for those cabin speakers but not enough for the REV 10s @ only 100W/channel. Those REV's can handle (and want) significantly more power.

If you only want a single amp for all of these, consider at least the SYN-DX6 which does 125W for channels 1-4 (cabin) and 150W for channels 5-6 (towers). That might get you where you want to be. But in reality, you'll probably need a separate amp for the towers.

One other option would be to use the HTX-6 for the cabins on channels 1-4, and then bridge channels 5-6 to feed a subwoofer. Of course you'll still need a separate amp for the towers in that case.

Setec_Fl

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
In my opinion, the HTX-6 output will be fine for those cabin speakers but not enough for the REV 10s @ only 100W/channel. Those REV's can handle (and want) significantly more power.

If you only want a single amp for all of these, consider at least the SYN-DX6 which does 125W for channels 1-4 (cabin) and 150W for channels 5-6 (towers). That might get you where you want to be. But in reality, you'll probably need a separate amp for the towers.

One other option would be to use the HTX-6 for the cabins on channels 1-4, and then bridge channels 5-6 to feed a subwoofer. Of course you'll still need a separate amp for the towers in that case.
thank you. That’s what I was thinking too. Hence why I figured I would ask here. So the 2.3 is the way to go for those towers? I assume the manual shows me how to bridge the channels? The HTX-6 is only $170 more than the HTX-4. I doubt I’ll find a decent Mono-sub for $170.

okay, follow up question. I see they have a marine equalizer. Any need for that??

gallobg

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
thank you. That’s what I was thinking too. Hence why I figured I would ask here. So the 2.3 is the way to go for those towers? I assume the manual shows me how to bridge the channels? The HTX-6 is only $170 more than the HTX-4. I doubt I’ll find a decent Mono-sub for $170.

okay, follow up question. I see they have a marine equalizer. Any need for that??

Personally I don't have REV 10's so I will defer to others here on a suitable amp. "On paper" the one you mention looks good, but I'm sure others can offer real experience.

I also don't have that WS equalizer, but many do. It allows you to separately tune the cabins vs towers, which is useful since the speakers have such different characteristics. For example, one person told me he likes to turn down the treble for the REV 10's when surfing because they can get super loud.

Even if you don't use the equalizer, at least make sure you have some sort of zone control to independently turn up/down the tower speakers. Your passengers in the rear seats will thank you.

Last note - shopping at Crutchfield is a good option, but also consider the team at Creative Audio ( Creative Audio - Home Audio, Car Stereo, Car Speakers, Subwoofers, Marine Audio and more ). They are also an authorized WetSounds dealer. If you call them and explain what you want, they can offer great advice and should put together a bundle package for you that is usually discounted from most other retailers.

ripler

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Setec_Fl

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm using a SYN-DX6 for my 4 interiors and 12" sub and a SYN-DX4 for the towers, I wouldn't spend the extra money on the 2.3 unless you are planning on 4 tower speakers.

Use the info in this thread to buy your amps, I just bought a SYN-DX4 for 525.00 plus tax.

I guess I’m confused. The syn-dx4 is only 125w per channel at 4 OHMs to feed 300W speakers.
I don’t see the DX4 for $525. It shows $1,079.99 and the 2.3 is $1,059.99.

I can see how the DX-6 is better than the HTX as Channels 5&6 can be bridged into a 600W mono channel and then I would have 4 channels at 125W each to drive 100W speakers. (Could this damage the speakers?)

The 2.3 and the dx6 would be $2,600 unless I can find a deal on them. But I don’t want to void the warranty on these.

Setec_Fl

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Personally I don't have REV 10's so I will defer to others here on a suitable amp. "On paper" the one you mention looks good, but I'm sure others can offer real experience.

I also don't have that WS equalizer, but many do. It allows you to separately tune the cabins vs towers, which is useful since the speakers have such different characteristics. For example, one person told me he likes to turn down the treble for the REV 10's when surfing because they can get super loud.

Even if you don't use the equalizer, at least make sure you have some sort of zone control to independently turn up/down the tower speakers. Your passengers in the rear seats will thank you.

Last note - shopping at Crutchfield is a good option, but also consider the team at Creative Audio ( Creative Audio - Home Audio, Car Stereo, Car Speakers, Subwoofers, Marine Audio and more ). They are also an authorized WetSounds dealer. If you call them and explain what you want, they can offer great advice and should put together a bundle package for you that is usually discounted from most other retailers.
Thanks. I will give them a call.
I do have an EQ in the boat now with a fade control that will adjust Output to the 2 amps. But it would be nice to be able to turn up the tower when wakeboarding or at the sandbar.

Inthrustwetrust

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’m running SYN-DC6, pushes rev10s on the tower, and 4 6s in the cabin. I would recommend going with that. I went with Wetsounds Stealth 10 sub with its built in amp. It’s pretty solid setup if you just want to add some bass, if your looking to really push the bass your going to need a second amp

Setec_Fl

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Okay. I think I have a plan.

I have a TaRAMPs (POS) 300W at 1 OHM or a TaRAMP (POS) MD 5000.1 5000W at 1OHM amp that I’ll use for now to drive the sub. I also have a TaRAMPs 800x4 800W at 4 OHMs bridged. I imagine any of them will work fine.

Then I’m thinking the Syn-DX6 Wet Sounds Amp. If I bridge channels 1&2 and 3&4 I’ll have 400W at 4 OHMs per tower speaker.
Then run the left 2 revo 6 in series off channel 5 and right 2 in series off of channel 6. That gives me 150W at 4 OHMs to drive 2x 100W speakers.

Then at a later date, I can easily replace the TaRAMP with a DX 2.3 or DX 2 and move the towers to that amp. Each revo to its own channels on 1-4 and bridge 5&6 in mono mode and kick up the base.

Thoughts?

ripler

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I guess I’m confused. The syn-dx4 is only 125w per channel at 4 OHMs to feed 300W speakers.
I don’t see the DX4 for $525. It shows $1,079.99 and the 2.3 is $1,059.99.

I can see how the DX-6 is better than the HTX as Channels 5&6 can be bridged into a 600W mono channel and then I would have 4 channels at 125W each to drive 100W speakers. (Could this damage the speakers?)

The 2.3 and the dx6 would be $2,600 unless I can find a deal on them. But I don’t want to void the warranty on these.
The DX4 is a 4 channel amp and will put out 400 watts per channel bridged. I talked with Wetsounds when I was choosing a new amp for my REV10s and they recommended the DX4 since I was only using 2 tower speakers.

In the thread I posted use the Yamaha accessory part number and do a search, I found the DX4 on boats.net. You can also buy directly from Yamaha and still pat way less.
There is a warranty when buying through Yamaha accessories, it's 1 year instead if 2 that you would get from a dealer. If you still want to pay full price give Creative Audio a call, they will give you a discount.

Make sure you are using a class D amp since the charging system on a Yamaha has limitations.

Last edited:

Setec_Fl

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The DX4 is a 4 channel amp and will put out 400 watts per channel bridged. I talked with Wetsounds when I was choosing a new amp for my REV10s and they recommended the DX4 since I was only using 2 tower speakers.

In the thread I posted use the Yamaha accessory part number and do a search, I found the DX4 on boats.net. You can also buy directly from Yamaha and still pat way less.
There is a warranty when buying through Yamaha accessories, it's 1 year instead if 2 that you would get from a dealer. If you still want to pay full price give Creative Audio a call, they will give you a discount.

Make sure you are using a class D amp since the charging system on a Yamaha has limitations.
I run dual gel marine batteries with a solar charger and a trickle charger separate from my engine battery. So power isn’t a concern. I doubt any of these amps or speakers can drain both batteries over a full day of boating.