• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Never browse Craigslist when it is raining outside

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
576AA532-60D2-4C22-9442-A041E13BC2AA.png I was in Manila Philippines happily minding my own business and browsing Craigslist for sale ads, when the continuous rain outside made me lose my marbles. I ran up the seller and agreed to buy his bike, no questions asked and no inspection done. My wife was not a happy camper when I call her out of the blue and told her to visit the gentleman’s home with cash and pay for the bike and grab the title. After a lot of sweet talk from my side she agreed and Lo and behold it’s mine. Gonna grab it this weekend and see for myself if I made a costly mistake (or) the rain gods favored me. Eat your heart out @Betik

That’s a VStar? Looks just like my Dad’s. How big?

I’m saving this thread for the next time I do something like this.

Killing me here @Amar Nanduri
Got a bigger boat ; got a bigger bike in less than 12 months

The only thing I have left to compete is a jetski

Who wants to get a bet with me hat @Amar Nanduri buys a GP1800 by December 31st

That’s a VStar? Looks just like my Dad’s. How big?
It is a Kawasaki Vulcan 900 cc (not too big) with 3400 miles to its name. If I had thought this through I would have gone for an 1800 cc like a Yamaha Stratoliner.

Waste of time unless you also name your boat after your wife
My wife has a heart of gold and puts up with my idiosyncrasies. I guess I will unofficially have to name the bike after her also once the bike accessories packages start coming in from Amazon.

Who wants to get a bet with me hat @Amar Nanduri buys a GP1800 by December 31st
Wife is ready to tie me to the nearest tree and flog some sense into me if I ever pull another stunt like this again. So I guess I will have to lay low for a few months till she forgets about the bike :angelic:

It is a Kawasaki Vulcan 900 cc (not too big) with 3400 miles to its name. If I had thought this through I would have gone for an 1800 cc like a Yamaha Stratoliner.

I had a Suzuki Intruder 1500 for about 15 years. Loved it!

Then had kids and time to ride went out the window. Now, kids are a little bigger and we have 2 4 wheelers and boat as a family.

Need another midsize 4 Wheeler one of these days for my oldest. We’ve got a Polaris Outlaw 50 and a Honda Rincon 650. And, would love a side by side eventually. Lol.

I owned an intruder before work and kids put an end to biking. Those are solid bikes.

My son is 12 now and I figured it’s about time he slap on some leather and start riding responsibly on the streets. Planning to get a beginner bike in the 150cc range for him next year to get started. I would love some suggestions on this.

Got to be a dirt bike so he can ride without a permit. And the benefit of that is you have to get one for yourself to follow along
Something like a Honda CRF should work fine

Nice cruiser! I had HD and Victory cruisers and always liked roaming the back roads low and slow. I miss riding :(

image.jpeg

I’m saving this thread for the next time I do something like this.
Your life span will shorten to dangerous levels very quickly if you pull a stunt like this with your wife. I survived by being on the other side of the planet and that too barely :D

Finally got the Bike!!

I landed in Washington DC at 4 pm after a 14 hour flight and cleared customs etc by 5:30 pm. Wife and kids pick me up at the airport and we drive for an hour straight to Maryland to the sellers place. The helmet bought in amazon was delivered an hour before my flight landed (God bless Amazon and their robo warriors for shipping the helmet on time). It started raining (always happens to me) and I drove back the bike home. It was a couple of hours of sheer joy and I finally reach home at 9 pm...Gonna title and register the bike in the morning and I am set :cool:

Your life span will shorten to dangerous levels very quickly if you pull a stunt like this with your wife. I survived by being on the other side of the planet and that too barely :D

Hi Amar. The short story of how I bought my Yamaha is that the mrs was tired of walking around the boat show and decided she was going to sit on the bench for a bit. I went over to the Yamaha setup and came back to announce that we were the proud owners of a space blue AR240. Lol. Awesome wives are awesome!

Please be safe on that bike!

Hi Amar. The short story of how I bought my Yamaha is that the mrs was tired of walking around the boat show and decided she was going to sit on the bench for a bit. I went over to the Yamaha setup and came back to announce that we were the proud owners of a space blue AR240. Lol. Awesome wives are awesome!

Please be safe on that bike!

That's awesome Mark !!! You are indeed a lucky man. I will definitely ride safe and pray for responsible drivers on the roads :D

Back