• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

NEW 195’s AVAILABLE IN CA

That makes sense. At least there are yamaha boats still available in your area. Tracy didn’t have a single jet boat or Waverunner/PWC available when I was last there about two weeks ago.

Only crappy part is that you have to deal with West Coast Boat Center. They do not value customers.

I have not spoken to them recently but had a different experience when I visited their store in 2005ish when it was in San Ramon (about 100 miles South of their current location) and in 2015 when the second gen 240s were released. That is, they were nice to me in 2005 when I went into check out tubes. In 2015 the salesman stopped what he was doing, and had the new 242 forklifted to the showroom for my son and I to check out. Based on those interactions I would buy from them if I was in the market and couldn’t find what I was looking for locally.

something to consider this season is the high demand For and low supply of yamaha jet boats / waverunners. Basically the dealers don’t have to negotiate price so that may be interpreted as a bad business practice when it’s really just business. My dealer rep./sales person was very polite when he told me they will not reduce the $2,300 set up fee on the Waverunner I wanted nor would they negotiate the overall price even though it included a sound system I didn’t want. The effects of “take it or leave it” statements/positions are the same even if the words used are not.

Only crappy part is that you have to deal with West Coast Boat Center. They do not value customers.
Absolutely. Worst customer service ever. They were supposed to start my 10 hour service on Saturday. I called today, they haven’t even started. My boat will NEVER go there again. The girl who answers the phone has the standard line everyday..”I’m sorry, he’s on the phone.” Bull dookie. I told the service manager they have terrible reviews, so I’ll be checking my boat over closely.

You may be able to get some free service out of them for the inconvenience they caused you.

I took my boat into Tracy motor sports for warranty work once. They told me I could pick it up Friday but if they wanted me to have them wash it I couldn’t pick it up until Tuesday. They were and are closed on Monday. When I picked it up it wasn’t washed. I was pissed because I could have gone boating the previous weekend instead of leaving it at the shop to be washed. Imagine my surprise when they sent me a survey about their service. I didn’t hold back. They called me within 10 minutes of me responding to the survey and offered to pick my boat up and drop it off within 24 hours to facilitate it being washed.

Absolutely. Worst customer service ever. They were supposed to start my 10 hour service on Saturday. I called today, they haven’t even started. My boat will NEVER go there again. The girl who answers the phone has the standard line everyday..”I’m sorry, he’s on the phone.” Bull dookie. I told the service manager they have terrible reviews, so I’ll be checking my boat over closely.
If they posted your delivery picture on FB. That would be a great place to leave a review.

You may be able to get some free service out of them for the inconvenience they caused you.

I took my boat into Tracy motor sports for warranty work once. They told me I could pick it up Friday but if they wanted me to have them wash it I couldn’t pick it up until Tuesday. They were and are closed on Monday. When I picked it up it wasn’t washed. I was pissed because I could have gone boating the previous weekend instead of leaving it at the shop to be washed. Imagine my surprise when they sent me a survey about their service. I didn’t hold back. They called me within 10 minutes of me responding to the survey and offered to pick my boat up and drop it off within 24 hours to facilitate it being washed.
That’s great customer service! That ain’t happening at West Coast. If they haven’t started on it by tomorrow, I’m picking it up and and doing it myself. . I have an appt with Steve at the end of July, but I couldn’t wait that long for my 10 hr.

If they posted your delivery picture on FB. That would be a great place to leave a review.
I’ll have my daughter check, I don’t use FB anymore. Great idea!

Just thinking about towing a boat 3,000 miles is making my back hurt. No way would I do it for the money alone ($4,000 or $1.33 a mile) but might if I could make it a sight seeing vacation and / or I could use the boat along the way (e.g. lake Powell, lake of the ozarks, etc.).

Another thing to consider is if yamaha makes a ca model 190 it won’t have as much HP as a non ca model 190.

I have not spoken to them recently but had a different experience when I visited their store in 2005ish when it was in San Ramon (about 100 miles South of their current location) and in 2015 when the second gen 240s were released. That is, they were nice to me in 2005 when I went into check out tubes. In 2015 the salesman stopped what he was doing, and had the new 242 forklifted to the showroom for my son and I to check out. Based on those interactions I would buy from them if I was in the market and couldn’t find what I was looking for locally.

something to consider this season is the high demand For and low supply of yamaha jet boats / waverunners. Basically the dealers don’t have to negotiate price so that may be interpreted as a bad business practice when it’s really just business. My dealer rep./sales person was very polite when he told me they will not reduce the $2,300 set up fee on the Waverunner I wanted nor would they negotiate the overall price even though it included a sound system I didn’t want. The effects of “take it or leave it” statements/positions are the same even if the words used are not.
They were under different ownership then and really helped bring Cobalt boats to recreational boaters (I read that somewhere). The new owner is a previous car dealership owner, he sold out to Auto Nation. Obviously he doesn't pay attention to the terrible customer service reviews. Service is a burden to them, they would prefer just to sell the boats and be done with it.

Just thinking about towing a boat 3,000 miles is making my back hurt. No way would I do it for the money alone ($4,000 or $1.33 a mile) but might if I could make it a sight seeing vacation and / or I could use the boat along the way (e.g. lake Powell, lake of the ozarks, etc.).

Another thing to consider is if yamaha makes a ca model 190 it won’t have as much HP as a non ca model 190.

Not sure I have run to many cases where anyone will let you use their brand new boat.

I wouldn't have a problem helping someone out towing their vehicle to them within reason. Almost towed a new one for a member from Michigan to Central Ohio a couple of months ago, but it worked out. As long as they would ride with me.

Not sure if I would tow across country. Would depend how bored I am and what month of the year it is and if the Admiral is on me about projects around here or not :)

Back