• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New 2011 242 Limited Owner - Questions?

adamncincy

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@kaczman where did you order your cover from?

Texatl

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Very very nice! I just bought the same boat, and have been looking on IPD’s site. Your graphics are awesome. Love the tower. Looking good. Can’t to see updates. Subscribed!!

kaczman

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Updates for today - Blacktip mats are in. All seats in. Cut in some custom traction areas on dash and soforth.
Reupholstered swim platform seats installed.
6x Pyle Hydra speakers and new wiring have been replaced.
1x 600w rms sub. pyle "3000w" marine amp (if hit by a zeus lightning bolt.)
Not the greatest sound system ive heard. Keep it low on the gain and its clear though.
portapotty installed w/ velcro.
factory outlets on dash have been replaced with usb 3.0 & volt meter. and another usb I think.
Fusion radio. Great quality.
K&N air filters & ribbon deletes installed.

Cobra jet steering fins going in tomorrow. new rocker switches for dash and some other decals going in next week.

After one full year, actually going to hit the water tomorrow. Maybe

Attachments

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Updates for today - Blacktip mats are in. All seats in. Cut in some custom traction areas on dash and soforth.
Reupholstered swim platform seats installed.
6x Pyle Hydra speakers and new wiring have been replaced.
1x 600w rms sub. pyle "3000w" marine amp (if hit by a zeus lightning bolt.)
Not the greatest sound system ive heard. Keep it low on the gain and its clear though.
portapotty installed w/ velcro.
factory outlets on dash have been replaced with usb 3.0 & volt meter. and another usb I think.
Fusion radio. Great quality.
K&N air filters & ribbon deletes installed.

Cobra jet steering fins going in tomorrow. new rocker switches for dash and some other decals going in next week.

After one full year, actually going to hit the water tomorrow. Maybe
Looks very nice. I like the color.

kaczman

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length

kaczman

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Some mock up for new decals and registration stickers ill be running soon

1630451256006.png

Nightmare

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
the 2015+ 242 Limited S cover fits nearly perfectly.
Those vents above the windshield are in a weird position. The "correct" 2011 Mooring Cover has them over the side windows. It looks like you might get some water inside during a good rainstorm. The cover you got probably fits your tower better than the factory cover would.
IMG_9773.jpg

Texatl

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Daaaaaamn!!! That tower perfect! Nice. Very nice! It looks great 👍🏻

now I’ll have to find one like @Nightmare showed above, since my tower is like that one. Mine is starting to get a little wear on it.

And those vents sit exactly where mine do- top of the windshield. Don’t know what to say. I’ve had it in rain covered like that and no appreciable water got inside.

adamncincy

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Very nice, @kaczman ... great job! Love the updates... keep em coming. It's crazy how a few mods can increase the boat's appearance/"newish" by years. My trailer is the same color. I plan on having it painted black over the winter.

adamncincy

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Also, did you run wires through your tower?

kaczman

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Daaaaaamn!!! That tower perfect! Nice. Very nice! It looks great 👍🏻

now I’ll have to find one like @Nightmare showed above, since my tower is like that one. Mine is starting to get a little wear on it.

And those vents sit exactly where mine do- top of the windshield. Don’t know what to say. I’ve had it in rain covered like that and no appreciable water got inside.
Thank you!

Very nice, @kaczman ... great job! Love the updates... keep em coming. It's crazy how a few mods can increase the boat's appearance/"newish" by years. My trailer is the same color. I plan on having it painted black over the winter.
Also, did you run wires through your tower?
Agreed. I did not run wires as I dont think I'll be hanging anything off the tower as of yet.

kaczman

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
This is from a few months ago - but post season maintenance - Oil change, filters, spark plugs, new switch covers, steering wheel emblem, seadek on the dash, etc.