• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New 2019 242 Limited S E-Series

Lion

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Congrats! I was wanting the white before I purchased mine but my dealer didn’t have one in stock.
Me not being able to wait, went with the blue. The first 2018 that was delivered to my dealer when they first came out

Daron

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Congrats! I was wanting the white before I purchased mine but my dealer didn’t have one in stock.
Me not being able to wait, went with the blue. The first 2018 that was delivered to my dealer when they first came out
I was originally trying to find one of the last 2018's left in blue (didn't want the black) but couldn't find one close enough to here with a galvanized trailer. The 2018's are discounted pretty nicely right now. But, then I noticed that the new 2019's had the new V-shaped jet nozzles and wanted those. I wanted to get something soon before boating season started. I was worried that once it started the selection would get limited.

Daron

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
The family and I took it out on Lake Tholocco yesterday (small lake on post) to break in the engines and start practicing getting it on and off the trailer. Once on the water I was fine and enjoyed it, but I won't lie I was a nervous wreck getting that thing on and off the trailer, my nerves were shot, lol. These things don't handle like a car and slow speeds was really interesting. I know I'll get used to it but it's gonna take some time. I might try to meet up with a fellow Yamaha boat owner around here and see if they can go out on the water with me and give me some training.

Lion

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I was originally trying to find one of the last 2018's left in blue (didn't want the black) but couldn't find one close enough to here with a galvanized trailer. The 2018's are discounted pretty nicely right now. But, then I noticed that the new 2019's had the new V-shaped jet nozzles and wanted those. I wanted to get something soon before boating season started. I was worried that once it started the selection would get limited.
Lol, sounds like you jumped on what was available at the moment like I did.
I am very happy with my boat and the color now. I tinted the windows and think it makes the blue pop more...lol

Lion

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
The family and I took it out on Lake Tholocco yesterday (small lake on post) to break in the engines and start practicing getting it on and off the trailer. Once on the water I was fine and enjoyed it, but I won't lie I was a nervous wreck getting that thing on and off the trailer, my nerves were shot, lol. These things don't handle like a car and slow speeds was really interesting. I know I'll get used to it but it's gonna take some time. I might try to meet up with a fellow Yamaha boat owner around here and see if they can go out on the water with me and give me some training.
You will definitely get use to it the more you go out on it.
You will see that there are many experienced and great members here that are always willing to help out.
One thing I recommend that helped me in trailering my boat that you might want to look into is getting some trailer guides. Also another thing that also helped that you can look into is Cobra Jet Steering which helped me.
There is a lot of great information on both here on the forums.