• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

New 275SE

Rehn

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SE
Boat Length
Hi everyone, new 2024 275SE owner here. I want to start off by saying I love the look of the boat. I also love the way it ran on its maiden voyage. I could go on about all the great things I love about it, but we all have Yamahas, so we know the good about them. I want to talk about and ask questions about the issues. I attached pictures to see and get feedback on.

1. Trying to get the boat off the trailer I had to sink the trailer and still was a PITA getting it off. I ripped the anchor locker drain valve off trying to get it in the water. What do I need to get to fix it? I saw this suggested. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08G8FQ1N2/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3G9OXBN66O9QI&psc=1

2. I think that the bow roller and winch support arm might be too high up on the support bracket. Mine is the one with the white boat and the black boat picture is what I saw advertised on a boat dealers' site. They are very different from each other. Which one is the correct one?

3. Trying to get the boat onto the trailer was a PITA as well. Since I had to sink the trailer to get it back on, I wonder if it contributed to the next issue, snapping the winch strap. Once I had the boat on the trailer and started pulling it out of the water it snapped.

4. The bow rollers Yamaha buts on them is GARBAGE!!! I already have deep gouges where the keel hits the bow rollers. I was on Jet Boat Pilot's website and of course they do not have 275 Stoltz rollers there. I need to replace those ASAP and have already put in a claim that they failed and caused the gouges. We shall see. Not sure what I could have done different to not get the gouges.

So, on its maiden voyage, I gouged the front of the boat to hell and snapped the winch strap. I cannot even take it out as I fear towing it down the road and sure the hell cannot get it back on the trailer if I can get it off the trailer.

I got the boat cover and of course it was the wrong one, but the dealer will send me the correct one. I also got 4 REV 10's and a SYN DX 2.3HP amp to pump up the tunes, so can't wait for those to get installed!

Any help tips or advice would be greatly appreciated and welcomed!

Attachments

• 20240827_195634.jpg
    20240827_195634.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 35
  • 20240825_221026.jpg
    20240825_221026.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 35
  • 20240825_220845.jpg
    20240825_220845.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 32
  • 20240827_200420.jpg
    20240827_200420.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 31
  • 20240827_200432.jpg
    20240827_200432.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 29
  • 20240827_201011.jpg
    20240827_201011.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 28
  • 20240827_201059.jpg
    20240827_201059.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 33
  • 20240824_155649.jpg
    20240824_155649.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 38
The bow stop is not is not in the right position. The roller needs to be above the eye. The strap goes under the roller to engage the bow eye. The bow of the boat is not held down and must bounce going down the road in the current setup, flattening the roller. Shorelander put the rollers on the trailer, not Yamaha.
Neither of the two setups are correct for that boat, in my eyes. And it is a safety issue with the bow not properly held down and secured.
The black winch strap should be a straight taught line between the winch and eye, not bend up over the post, reason it broke. The winch is upside down. Why does the safety chain wrap around the post? What is the yellow strap?

20240828_065153.jpg20240828_065058.jpg

This is not a 275, but a typical setup where the eye rests under the roller.

Screenshot_20240828-070310_Photos.jpg

Our other boats are setup that way too.

Screenshot_20240828-071457_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20240828-070905_Photos.jpg

Last edited:
I have a 2023 275 SDX. I have the same shit trailer.

That big yellow strap is supposed to go around the bow eye on the boat. It prevents the boat from coming forward when you brake. I typically power load as much as I can and then pull it out. Once it's out, I'll slam on the brakes at about 5 mph or less and the boat will shift forward and tighten up the yellow strap. Re-tighten your winch and you're good to go.

You'll probably want to change out your winch, trailer jacker, and bow roller (to a Stoltz) because the stock ones are all shit.

The bow stop is not is not in the right position. The roller needs to be above the eye. The strap goes under the roller to engage the bow eye. The bow of the boat is not held down and must bounce going down the road in the current setup, flattening the roller. Shorelander put the rollers on the trailer, not Yamaha.
Neither of the two setups are correct for that boat, in my eyes. And it is a safety issue with the bow not properly held down and secured.
The black winch strap should be a straight taught line between the winch and eye, not bend up over the post, reason it broke. The winch is upside down. Why does the safety chain wrap around the post? What is the yellow strap?

View attachment 225898View attachment 225899

This is not a 275, but a typical setup where the eye rests under the roller.

View attachment 225903

Our other boats are setup that way too.

View attachment 225906

View attachment 225905
So while at the boat ramp, the strap broke. Got a new one and installed it upside down. Yea I might have been a bit frazzled at that point. I wrapped the safety chain around to try and get it home. Yes, it was all over the place...

I am taking it to Yamaha on Saturday for them to get it unscrewed. Needless to say, the holiday weekend will NOT be a boat weekend. :( You pay over 100k for a boat, and you would think you could use it. I ordered the Stoltz for the 252 boat Jet boat pilot recommended that one for mine.

I have a 2023 275 SDX. I have the same shit trailer.

That big yellow strap is supposed to go around the bow eye on the boat. It prevents the boat from coming forward when you brake. I typically power load as much as I can and then pull it out. Once it's out, I'll slam on the brakes at about 5 mph or less and the boat will shift forward and tighten up the yellow strap. Re-tighten your winch and you're good to go.

You'll probably want to change out your winch, trailer jacker, and bow roller (to a Stoltz) because the stock ones are all shit.
What winch did you go with? I got the Stoltz for the 252 as that is what was suggested. Do you think the support bar that the winch is in the correct location? I had to sink the trailer to get the boat off the trailer. Trailer jacker - you trade it to a wheel config or what did you add?

You need to get a Stolz roller, first thing to do. Even in the showroom they protect it from the crappy rollers. Then move the mount where is should be. Dealer should know this. When launching and retrieving you should sink it right where the tops of the fenders are underwater but that also depends on how steep the launch is
. yamaha.JPG

You need to get a Stolz roller, first thing to do. Even in the showroom they protect it from the crappy rollers. Then move the mount where is should be. Dealer should know this. When launching and retrieving you should sink it right where the tops of the fenders are underwater but that also depends on how steep the launch is
. View attachment 225935
I got the rollers that are for the 252. Was told those are the ones I needed. The problem is I do not know where the mount should be. I will take it to a different dealer and see if they know. I think it is too high. The dealer I bought it from had the eye over the roller and it was a PITA to get off the trailer, but even worse to get it back on.

That trailer setup is just wrong on many, many levels. Also, busting up the anchor drain may have been a blessing. You're half way done replacing it like most of us do.

What winch did you go with? I got the Stoltz for the 252 as that is what was suggested. Do you think the support bar that the winch is in the correct location? I had to sink the trailer to get the boat off the trailer. Trailer jacker - you trade it to a wheel config or what did you add?
Attachment-1.jpeg
Here's how it should look. I originally went with an Ark wheeled jack but switched to a Dutton Lainson jack with an articulating foot. I also went with a Fulton F2 winch.

It is a weird design but it works. I have considered having the winch stand/bow stop redone to a more traditional layout. Not a huge fan of the strap and mine is starting to wear already.

Like someone else said, just dip the trailer in until the fenders are just under water and that should be good for launch and retrieval.

Thank you for the tips I will definitely try it out.

What stoltz did you get? They told me the 414. Hopefully that is the correct ones.

What stoltz did you get? They told me the 414. Hopefully that is the correct ones.
I measured each part and then compared specs to pick the correct one. Not sure what the part number was.

Last edited:
Back