• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Amplifiers on 255

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
So……. how is everyone swapping out their amps on models with the locked out factory amp?

I’d like to retain control of everything thru Connext if possible. Since there are no RCA running to the factory amps, is a line level converter the way to go?

Anyone know the location of the factory head unit in the 255s? And does it have unused RCA outputs on it? In the 242X it was mounted beside the sub and amps under the rear port seat, but it’s not there on the 255. It’s pretty tight under the helm with all the power steering junk in there. Trying to avoid crawling in there if I can.

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length

jacoviii

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
There is a bunch of Info on this and I will get you links. But First thing will you ever put it back to stock ( like when you sell the boat)? thene you will need an adapter from OEM to wires for the next part. If not go back ever, then you need a line level converter for 4 zones = 6ch. plus a sub. Some have gotten away with the cheap units but some have had issues. The factory (radio) is very finicky to seeing the correct load at the RCA side of the Amp more on this below. This unit will get you Zone 1 bow and cockpit = CH1, Zone 2 stern =CH2, Zone 4 sub= CH3 If you are leaving the factory tower amp. AudioControl LC7iPRO
then you can add this at a later date to do the tower amp AudioControl LC1i

If you are changing it all then this might work for Zones 1,2,3 AudioControl LC6i (Black)
and this for the sub The Epicenter® by AudioControl (Black) or AudioControl The Epicenter® Micro

Load Selection Switch The LC1i is designed to present NO load to the output of the factory amp, which can make some factory amps upset and stop passing audio. The Load Selection feature tricks the factory amp in to detecting a speaker load so it will continue to pass audio. Set the Load Selection Switch set to 20 kΩ if you are using the Line Level Inputs. 20 Ω - Best suited for late model Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep/Ram/Fiat vehicles equipped with OEM base sound system. (no separate factory amplifier) 60 Ω - Best suited for late model Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep/Ram/Fiat vehicles equipped with a separately amplified OEM “premium” sound system. 20 kΩ - Best suited for all other applications. Required setting for Line Level Inputs

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Standard wiring colors going to amp. Basic integration,very simple. No RCAs, no headunit... it's all in house on the 12.3"

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
There is a bunch of Info on this and I will get you links. But First thing will you ever put it back to stock ( like when you sell the boat)? thene you will need an adapter from OEM to wires for the next part. If not go back ever, then you need a line level converter for 4 zones = 6ch. plus a sub. Some have gotten away with the cheap units but some have had issues. The factory (radio) is very finicky to seeing the correct load at the RCA side of the Amp more on this below. This unit will get you Zone 1 bow and cockpit = CH1, Zone 2 stern =CH2, Zone 4 sub= CH3 If you are leaving the factory tower amp. AudioControl LC7iPRO
then you can add this at a later date to do the tower amp AudioControl LC1i

If you are changing it all then this might work for Zones 1,2,3 AudioControl LC6i (Black)
and this for the sub The Epicenter® by AudioControl (Black) or AudioControl The Epicenter® Micro

Load Selection Switch The LC1i is designed to present NO load to the output of the factory amp, which can make some factory amps upset and stop passing audio. The Load Selection feature tricks the factory amp in to detecting a speaker load so it will continue to pass audio. Set the Load Selection Switch set to 20 kΩ if you are using the Line Level Inputs. 20 Ω - Best suited for late model Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep/Ram/Fiat vehicles equipped with OEM base sound system. (no separate factory amplifier) 60 Ω - Best suited for late model Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep/Ram/Fiat vehicles equipped with a separately amplified OEM “premium” sound system. 20 kΩ - Best suited for all other applications. Required setting for Line Level Inputs
Thanks for the info. As soon as I get finished with catching up on the work I put off from Friday and Saturday to go out on the new toy, I start combing through those links.

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
@F.M.
Well, you didn’t waste any time starting your mods..😂👍
I've found that the sooner you get your mods done, the more you enjoy being out. Since you're not constantly thinking about what still needs to be done to it, you're able to relax more. It's self care in a way I guess.

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Looking at and pricing out the line out converters that I need, I'm beginning to think that bypassing the Connext screen for stereo control might be the easier and better option.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Looking at and pricing out the line out converters that I need, I'm beginning to think that bypassing the Connext screen for stereo control might be the easier and better option.
most modern amps can just accept the signal input from the connext

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
you can splice into the harness
Yes, but a few bucks for the harness and I can remove everything easily later.

I’m thinking I might build everything on a piece of starboard or hdpe so all I would need to do is mount it and plug it in. I thought about removing the backrest of the front starboard seat to gain better access for mounting.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Yes, but a few bucks for the harness and I can remove everything easily later.

I’m thinking I might build everything on a piece of starboard or hdpe so all I would need to do is mount it and plug it in. I thought about removing the backrest of the front starboard seat to gain better access for mounting.
That’s what I normally do.

I am working on developing a plug and play harness, but not ready for sale quite yet.

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length

jacoviii

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
That’s what I normally do.

I am working on developing a plug and play harness, but not ready for sale quite yet.
If you are Going to make these I hope you are using the golden pins/ females and not the standard Tin .

I have made plenty of custom harnesses for these boats. I started making them in 2018 but stopped making them around 2022. First when they did away with the Fusion head unit the upgrades became a new issue. As it has been said the enovationcontrols/Conexts units are load sensitive. With that comes the need for a Line level converter that has adjustable input impedance but, I believe 20 kΩ is the best. Now with the need for the LLC it is just as easy to cut the wires. YOU CAN NOT JUST ADD RCAs TO THE STOCK OUTPUTS.

This is a good read to see some of the stuff we have found. It is 250 AND 252 Based but some still applies.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length

guelo_ar250

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I got a ar250 2024 i got the small amp or watever it is in there. Did i splice cables and convert to rca before that little box connection or coming out the little box? I'm going to used this rockford amp

Attachments

jacoviii

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Depending on the amplifier - yes you can.
Yes with the right amp but then there still is not a need for a $50 - $100 harness. Just cut the OEM plug and wire directly to the Hi level inputs.

jacoviii

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I got a ar250 2024 i got the small amp or watever it is in there. Did i splice cables and convert to rca before that little box connection or coming out the little box? I'm going to used this rockford amp
Yes this amp will work. This amp will not need RCAs. You will connect to the Hi level inputs.