• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Just started digging into the 2021 SX250/AR250 audio system

Barry E. Saylor

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks good, but why not just splice some RCA ends in? Anything special going on inside the box?
Nothing special going on inside the box. Basically a passthrough with RCA taps. The one connector (male) is only available as a PCB version, so I made the box to have something to mount it to. Also allowed me to have the RCA connectors more organized. Splicing into the existing lines is fine and what I have always done in the past. Just decided to see if I could come up with a plug-in adaptor. Maybe a bit overkill, but a fun project to design and build something.

jacoviii

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Looks good, but why not just splice some RCA ends in? Anything special going on inside the box?
The box looks good. If not you end up with something like this. This one the guy only wanted 1 zone out.

Attachments

Barry E. Saylor

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The box looks good. If not you end up with something like this. This one the guy only wanted 1 zone out.
Thanks! The pictures you shared looks like the same basic idea!

I was mainly wanting to tap into Zone 2, but I figured I might as well do both, just in case my plans changed in the future.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Now we need someone to figure out how to turn on Zone 4.

jacoviii

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
It's sad to see a company like enovation the maker of the radio in the new yamahas does not have a App like all of the other leading marine radios.

1WetBoat

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nothing special going on inside the box. Basically a passthrough with RCA taps. The one connector (male) is only available as a PCB version, so I made the box to have something to mount it to. Also allowed me to have the RCA connectors more organized. Splicing into the existing lines is fine and what I have always done in the past. Just decided to see if I could come up with a plug-in adaptor. Maybe a bit overkill, but a fun project to design and build something.
When will it be available for purchase? I have on my to do list splicing the rca plugs in, but this is cleaner and takes the possible messiness/cutting wiring out of it.

Barry E. Saylor

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
When will it be available for purchase? I have on my to do list splicing the rca plugs in, but this is cleaner and takes the possible messiness/cutting wiring out of it.
;-) Cost would be prohibitive I'm afraid when I figure my time put into it. Would be happy to share the .STL file for the box if someone wants to print and make their own.

jacoviii

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
;-) Cost would be prohibitive I'm afraid when I figure my time put into it. Would be happy to share the .STL file for the box if someone wants to print and make their own.
That's why I stopped too. Also stocks on parts have been hit and miss. Those gold pins add up too.

1WetBoat

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Lol, understood. It was wishful thinking for the lazier side of me. Looks good though, great work on your side.

42superman

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Update.... Boat is finally here. I would like to remove all the stock items , speakers and amp. I ordered new 6.5's and (3) amps. Would I be able to just wire in the set of RCA's from the connect to feed the new amps and then run all new wiring to each location? I ordered 14g speaker wire for each location and 16g wire for the LED wiring.

1 amp for the (6) 6.5 speakers
1 amp for the tower speakers
1 amp for the two 10" subs

1/0 power and ground from battery to fuse blocks, then #4 power and ground to each amp

gfabry

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anyone has an original ASA speaker available for sale? Not ready to change the sound system yet but would like to buy one, please text me at 321-five14,zero eight 49

42superman

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anyone has an original ASA speaker available for sale? Not ready to change the sound system yet but would like to buy one, please text me at 321-five14,zero eight 49
I have all 6 of mine out. Zero play time on them.

Attachments

gfabry

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have all 6 of mine out. Zero play time on them.
would you sell one or two only? text me a price and address and I’ll send you a FedEx label

42superman

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have an issue. I first tried to use the high line inputs in the amp. It was basically connect speaker wires straight to the amp. It was nothing but static. I removed and wired in RCA's like most on here. it still has nothing but static. All new Kicker RCA cables 1 meter and RF RCA pigtails. No mater how I try to wire the input it has a steady buzz on the speakers. Any help would be greatly appreciate.

jocolo21

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I have an issue. I first tried to use the high line inputs in the amp. It was basically connect speaker wires straight to the amp. It was nothing but static. I removed and wired in RCA's like most on here. it still has nothing but static. All new Kicker RCA cables 1 meter and RF RCA pigtails. No mater how I try to wire the input it has a steady buzz on the speakers. Any help would be greatly appreciate.
save yourself a headache buy an audio controller like the LC2 and be dont it even has a clip indicator its fool proof well spen $100

42superman

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It's so weird. One minute zone 1 and 2 play fine then it goes out and nothing but noise. Zone 3 and 4 nothing but noise.

42superman

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So if I get the lc2 and feed it with zones 1&2 can I get a splitter to feed off to each of the 2 amps with no issues?

Both amps have 4 channels in. So I need to slit the lc2 output rca 4 times to feed the amps. The sub amp would be 1 channel in from the lc2.

jocolo21

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
So if I get the lc2 and feed it with zones 1&2 can I get a splitter to feed off to each of the 2 amps with no issues?

Both amps have 4 channels in. So I need to slit the lc2 output rca 4 times to feed the amps. The sub amp would be 1 channel in from the lc2.
Your only one with lc2 will be speakers and sub, as it only has 2 channels i never did used the sub channel.

42superman

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well something is off somewhere and I just don’t know what it is.

turned the boat off, sit for a while, turned it back in a bam, audio. Sounded fantastic! Tuned the amp, set all the cross overs up and it was great. Turned the boat off again, and back on..... bam, nothing but shit static again.

I don’t know where to go to on this now.
This is the exact same issue I'm having right now. Last night nothing but static and no sound. Went out this morning and turned on the batteries and radio and it all worked great with no noise and had audio. I tuned the system a bit and let it play for like 30 minutes with no issues. I heard the dog barking so I turned off the key and walked outside for like 2 minutes. Came back in and turned the key on and boom.... no sound and all static.

I ordered a LC2 last night to wire in to see if that helps. But I will have to split the output side like 4 times to feed the amps. Hope that isn't an issue.