• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Another audio upgrade thread.....

Finally had time to do the mid-cabin speakers this week, matching black Polk DB652 paired with the stock speakers on zone 1, zone 2 has the bow and stern speakers so I can separate if I want to reduce power consumption. All 8 speakers driven with a JL Audio MX500/4 and she pumps nicely. The cabin is much more full sounding now and bass output increased a fair bit too as the bow speakers were too far away for impact in the cabin. At half volume it's loud, at 75% it's too loud and we can't yell at each other...wife says it's almost dance club levels. Then I turned it up some more...
:) :D ?

Cut the holes:
Pre.jpg

Installed:
Post.jpg

Just need a little vacuum and wipe down, and ready for the water.

As I've mentioned before...I don't care for subs with music and these sound really good, plenty of sound and bass. Wife is happy which is half the challenge.
?

Finally had time to do the mid-cabin speakers this week, matching black Polk DB652 paired with the stock speakers on zone 1, zone 2 has the bow and stern speakers so I can separate if I want to reduce power consumption. All 8 speakers driven with a JL Audio MX500/4 and she pumps nicely. The cabin is much more full sounding now and bass output increased a fair bit too as the bow speakers were too far away for impact in the cabin. At half volume it's loud, at 75% it's too loud and we can't yell at each other...wife says it's almost dance club levels. Then I turned it up some more...
:) :D ?

Cut the holes:
View attachment 157995

Installed:
View attachment 158000

Just need a little vacuum and wipe down, and ready for the water.

As I've mentioned before...I don't care for subs with music and these sound really good, plenty of sound and bass. Wife is happy which is half the challenge.
?
How much space was there? Did you happen to measure the top mount depth? I'd like to mount some JL 7.7s in that exact same spot but I'm not sure the magnet will fit.

How much space was there? Did you happen to measure the top mount depth? I'd like to mount some JL 7.7s in that exact same spot but I'm not sure the magnet will fit.
Sorry I didn't think to measure exactly...I'm bad for documenting my work as I go...I measure twice and cut once and done.
?
I did put a pipe cleaner up the back by hand before cutting to get an idea of space to make sure my Polk's would fit and it had more than enough space for the Polk's. I'd guess about 3 inches of clearance. I doubt 7.7's would fit as they're huge, but you could probably use a spacer to lift it out from the panel and give you more depth. Your boat may have a different layout of where the speaker could fit too, so you need to watch out for things like the side cleats which have long bolts in the back.

Back