• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Just started digging into the 2021 SX250/AR250 audio system

Kozmo714

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
These did the trick. All good now, thanks again for all your help!
what did you use this for exactly, to add a subwoofer to the stock system? I need help lol

ccbnola

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
what did you use this for exactly, to add a subwoofer to the stock system? I need help lol
The wires that come out of the Connext screen go into the amp in the stock system. The new amp I purchased required RCA inputs. I had to use those converters I linked in my previous post because I couldn’t get sound otherwise. I think perhaps the connext audio output didn’t jive with the requirements of my amp. I bought two of those devices, one for the hearth and one specifically for my sub.

my aftermarket Soundsystem is now comprised of new speakers, one amp dedicated to mid and highs, one sub, one dedicated sub amp, and of course the two devices I linked previously

Kozmo714

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So here is my Update:

After literally trying everything with splitting the stock RCA's one signal to the stock amp for speakers( channel 1) and one other split on channel 2. I connected the split RCA's to a 25ft RCA cable, then the end of the cable to RCA to 3.5mm adapter to plug into the wetsounds AS-10 subwoofer with built in amp. I was getting sound only on one channel. I don't understand what the connext is doing because I would get only get sound on channel 1 (lows and highs) but on channel 2 only lows. SO basically any voice or singing in a song would only play on the passenger side of the boat and the driver side only had lows and the subwoofer worked. I called wet sounds and Yamaha directly and they are no help. Wet sounds actually was on the phone with me for hours trying to figure this out and we tested everything from voltage to ohms, to tone testing etc. they could not figure out why I am able to plug the same RCA's into the amp and get good sounding music but when I disconnect them and put them directly to the Sub (AS-10) I get nothing. I decided to give up on the RCA splitting and got a line convertor. I got it from auto zone and it was 25 bucks. Its basically a small device that converts speaker signal to RCA output to an amp. I terminated it to the channel 3 and 4 output on the amp where the speakers are connected. Then I connected my 25ft RCA cable to the device that connected to the 3.5mm converter that connected to the amp.

IT works! now all my new 6 speakers are playing off of the stock amp, which actually sound pretty great, and that little 25 dollar line convertor saved my sanity after I tried everything. the sub sounds amazing and its just enough bass. The remote wire works for bass control and everything works and sounds as it should. If anyone wants to add a sub to a stock system this is the easiest and fastest way to do it. I think im going to stick with the Westounds AS-10 subwoofer as I didn't have to drill holes for free air subs behind the driver or passenger seats. I cut out holes on my previous boat, but I wanted to try something more plug and play this time.

I think I have got a great sound system now and I will test on the water tomorrow and update how it sounds underway. I did all of this for $1100 bucks. The westounds AS-10 I got brand new off of Facebook marketplace for $500 bucks and the speakers I got on sale 3x 145 for the pair. The little converter for 25 bucks and some 25ft RCA wire and short RCA to 3.5mm cable on amazon for like 30 bucks total. Not bad for a quality sounding system so far.

Kozmo714

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
yeah pretty much lol. it works but still not what it should be, basically next move is to get rid of the amp. and replace it

jacoviii

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Just a bump up due to a lot of new audio going in this season.

svt440

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
These did the trick. All good now, thanks again for all your help!
Hoping to finish my install today and I'm following your trail. I just purchased one LC2i. Why would we need more than one? I assume for some zone control? If I don't care for zone control I should be good with one, right?

Final question is what did you connect to the speaker in on the LC2i? Did you grab the wires coming out of the Connext BEFORE connecting to the amp input and eliminate the factory amp, or did you grab the speaker level signal coming out of the amp? Thanks!

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Hoping to finish my install today and I'm following your trail. I just purchased one LC2i. Why would we need more than one? I assume for some zone control? If I don't care for zone control I should be good with one, right?

Final question is what did you connect to the speaker in on the LC2i? Did you grab the wires coming out of the Connext BEFORE connecting to the amp input and eliminate the factory amp, or did you grab the speaker level signal coming out of the amp? Thanks!
If no zone control needed then one is fine. With the LC2i you should be able to get signal from either. If you go from the Connext, then you may not even need it, depending on your amps inputs.

svt440

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If no zone control needed then one is fine. With the LC2i you should be able to get signal from either. If you go from the Connext, then you may not even need it, depending on your amps inputs.
Okay sounds great. I'm getting rid of the factory amp so inputs is what I'll use. Thanks!

svt440

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Okay sounds great. I'm getting rid of the factory amp so inputs is what I'll use. Thanks!
I couldn't quite understand who needs it the LC2i and who doesn't. The amp I got only takes up to 6v in, so I don't know if just wiring the rca pigtails in will work for me. I have the LC2i at home already so I'll probably just put it in. Thanks again.

jacoviii

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I couldn't quite understand who needs it the LC2i and who doesn't. The amp I got only takes up to 6v in, so I don't know if just wiring the rca pigtails in will work for me. I have the LC2i at home already so I'll probably just put it in. Thanks again.
Some of the boat have been sensitive to the ohm load on what would be the RCAs. If the head unit does not see a high enough load it freaks out and shuts that channel or zone off.

PatrickKolby

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I’m in the middle of doing an audio upgrade.

2021 212SE

Replace HTX4 with Fusion 6 Channel
Replace 4 recons with 6 Revos (+2)
Add WetSounds AS-10 Sub

I’ve used the signal RCA wires that come from the Connext screen into the HTX4 and spliced on RCA leads

Everything works perfectly keeping speakers wired in parallel (factory)

Only issue is the AS-10 will not play even when converting its 3.5mm and plugging into the Connext RCA lead.

To fix that I’m installing a LC2 which should fix the issue.

PatrickKolby

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Just wrapped up the install of the LC2 and that fixed the issue. I ending up plugging the other source lines for all the remaining speakers into it as well.

Super happy with the sound.