• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

new AR195 with questions

Midnight2V

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Kyle, don't worry too much. If you're happy, let it ride. The SVHO engine is indeed a great engine.

Druppert, everything you said is spot on. Yamaha builds great performing, reliable, low maintenance engines. These engines do have far more potential than what they are limited to from the factory, and my own boat is just one of many examples that show this to be true. I never meant to suggest otherwise and I apologize if that's the way I sounded.

kyle

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So here is an update. I was right at ten hours so I went ahead changed the oil and set out this morning to do some test runs with an empty boat and practice my docking skills at the marina. Also took out a bunch of crap from under the seats that we thought we would need that come to find out we didnt. Just me and my 7 year old on the Ohio river. It was super calm and almost no wind, 93 degrees air temp with 82 degree water temps. We did countless top speed runs and beat on it pretty good to see if indeed when heated up it would slow down. We reached 51.6 mph on GPS up river and coming back down hit 52.9 at 7450 rpms. Never once did I see a decrease in power. So it is obvious that the way the boat is loaded and how much weight in particular spots affects everything. I can deal with losing ten mph with a maxed out boat. I feel much better. Thanks to everyone in this thread that offered up advice. Even though nothing was wrong, you guys are awesome and very helpful.

druppert

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Awesome news indeed! Going 50+ with that many people on a 19' is probably a questionable decision anyway

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I noticed that on quick burst it will go up to 7500RPM+ but will settle to around 7200 RPM. I think it's somewhat related to water/air temp as I remember it being higher during non summer months. Still testing. Even at 7200 RPM it's still hitting 50MPH so I dunno?

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I noticed that on quick burst it will go up to 7500RPM+ but will settle to around 7200 RPM. I think it's somewhat related to water/air temp as I remember it being higher during non summer months. Still testing. Even at 7200 RPM it's still hitting 50MPH so I dunno?
That's normal. My RPMs may fluctuate based on humidity, air/water temp or a slew of other factors but my top speed remains consistent 48-49 mph (gauge indicated).

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Interesting... it is 114+ degrees here so that might be why :)