• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

New ar210

Thomas Barnes

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just "upgraded" from an 04 lx210 to a 15 ar210. Im looking to add the second captains seat and maybe some tower speakers. Any recommendations. I miss that 2 stroke power, anyone done any mods to get this boat moving any faster?

Welcome aboard @Thomas Barnes and congrats on the upgrade. I don't have any solution for increasing power and over the years I haven't read anything that would be cost effective. The only potential that I see would be to change impellers. But that would make you choose between a better hole shot, or more top end speed. Can't have them both ;(.

Anyway, I'm sure you're loving the increased comfort and storage situation over the smaller boat. Any pics?

I love the boat, very practical. I bought it this past weekend. I was torn between 3. I liked the ar190 with the super charger for 10k less. But I had to go with fuel capacity. The salesman told me they both run about 46mph. I got 37mph tops. I did keep the 2 stroke too, that beast runs 64. I guess it depends on tbe day which one goes out. It's nice to have options, will post some pics soon

I love the boat, very practical. I bought it this past weekend. I was torn between 3. I liked the ar190 with the super charger for 10k less. But I had to go with fuel capacity. The salesman told me they both run about 46mph. I got 37mph tops. I did keep the 2 stroke too, that beast runs 64. I guess it depends on tbe day which one goes out. It's nice to have options, will post some pics soon
What altitude are the lakes that youre running at? What rpm's are you turning?

I'm on the east coast, all salt water at sea level. It's pushing about 8k rpm. Is there a break in period for these motors?

37mph seems slow for this boat at sea level. I have the previous model (same engines) and mine runs 47-48 all day long (full tank 4-5 adults on board, bimini down)

Runs more like 45 when water is choppy

Last edited:
There is a break in period, I'm not sure what it is, but it should be in the owners manual. However, I don't think that the boat self regulates a max speed during the break in period. I get about the same rpm's maybe closer to 8100 and probably 43-44 mph with Bimini up, full tank of fuel a few people on board but smooth water. It takes a bit for the boat to get to top speed, but it eventually does. ;)

I've only had it out once, running around in creeks. Not alot of room, but still wide open for a couple minutes. I will see what happens. I was just expecting similar power to the lx210. I knew it would be a little slower, but 30mph.....that's extremely disappointing. I love the boat, extremely smooth ride and comfortable to be in.

30 mph is slow. You should be easily over 40.

Back