• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Bern, NC to Beaufort, NC day trip September 8, 2018 (Cancelled)

Eric Ballard

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm up for either way, the run or launch closer and just hit the lighthouse.

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I’m late to this thread, but would be totally interested in doing something like this! Put in New Bern, Beaufort or somewhere around there and explore. I’ve never been to either place and my wife wants to visit that area.

Been a couple weeks but what’s the thinking here? Dates? Unfortunately I’m booked until last weekend of June and early July. Would be ideal to do this with a few of you for sure.

Last edited:

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm not sure any actually dates have been proposed yet. It's a fun run but if u put in at newbern it will take u some time to get to the light house. It's pretty though... not much time to for the beach... when we did it we put in at newbern and went to Beaufort water front for lunch... then out to the light house but never left the boat... took some picks and came back. Water was too cold to get off the boat. By the time we hit the inlet it was 3 in the afternoon. So we headed back.. lots of crusing which we like doing... no beach time really. So the group needs to decide what they are up for... cruse of beach. I would like to get on the beach this time... not sure how hard it is to reach the beach ... how close u can get. And u have to watch the tide as well...

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I’d be up for any of that.... just not sure I want to do it all on my own. I’m not sure on the right and wrong places to go, shallow areas, tides, places you can dock and places you can’t, etc.... I’m adventurous, but it’s always easier to learn from someone that’s done it for sure. I’d put in in new bern or could put in out at the intracoastal somewhere. Wouldn’t matter so much to me.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I was waiting to see if someone who boats down around morehead and cape look out would chime in on some local knowledge

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was waiting to see if someone who boats down around morehead and cape look out would chime in on some local knowledge
I know a lot of the waterfront in Moorehead and Beaufort is still rebuilding or not open yet from Florence (that bitch!). That restuarant, Queen Anne's Revenge. That we went to isn't even reopening there, they decided to move from the waterfront completely.
If planning a trip, late summer might be best. That way there is more options to do

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I know a lot of the waterfront in Moorehead and Beaufort is still rebuilding or not open yet from Florence (that bitch!). That restuarant, Queen Anne's Revenge. That we went to isn't even reopening there, they decided to move from the waterfront completely.
If planning a trip, late summer might be best. That way there is more options to do
We are doing the Falls Lake meet on August 10. In my mind, even 1-2 open restaurants is enough. A place to stop for lunch is really all we need..... right?

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Theres @Neutron !!! That's a good point... but I am sure would could find somewhere to eat. The business that are open will prob appreciate the busines.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think anchoring up on the backside of Shackleford and grilling could be cool also.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I think anchoring up on the backside of Shackleford and grilling could be cool also.
backside of Shackleford is sand dollar island. Would be an awesome place to anchor and get out on the sand.

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
So, I'll throw out a weekend... June 29 or 30? I'd probably drive out and spend the night somewhere, but that weekend is wide open for me. Would a new thread with a poll be a better way to do this? Thoughts?

J_Zinck

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’d be interested, Sunday’s are usually better for me. Would be coming from the Greenville area, and would possibly have 2 boats coming depending on the day.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We will put those dates on the calender. We can't do Sunday but we could do saturday. If the group wants to do the ride from new bern to the light house its a little bit of a ride but its nice. Just be ready for the neuse river.. sometimes she isnt friendly. Maybe @Eric Ballard can remember how long of a ride it was... im gonna start a new thread on this to see who is interested. ill tag some people from this post in it.

Eric Ballard

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Put in at Lawson Creek Park (not the main ramp but the ramp down the dirt road to the East - I can get better direction as needed) to the entrance to Adams Creek is about 1 hour.

Adams Creek to Beaufort is an additional 30 minutes or so. lunch and fuel docks in Beaufort.

The run out to the lighthouse is highly recommended, weather permitting.

Hotel - Marriott Courtyard New Bern is great and has space for boats.
Hotel - In Beaufort is the Inlet Inn. no boat parking, but there are city docks across the street (100 yard walk). decent prices, good food and the ramp is close and you can park your trailer for a small fee. - The Boathouse at Front Street Village

FYI - if the wind is blowing hard - especially from the West I would not make this run and just go to Beaufort directly.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@bronze_10 I just got a free pass the wife has a kids birthday party thing to go to this weekend so I may try and see how much of this I can run on Saturday. I just got to figure out logistics on if I want to drop the ski up there somewhere and comeback or start here and try and get the ski back.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Any one know of a safe ramp near surf city I could leave a truck overnight?