• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Bern, NC to Beaufort, NC day trip September 8, 2018 (Cancelled)

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Most likely. If nice we will take boat out but if cold we will watch from land again

Joshua Miller

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252XE
Boat Length
Well I was going to pull out of this trip anyway—kids soccer schedule just came out and the first game is this weekend.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@veedubtek I'm still thinking about running Myrtle Beach To Beaufort on the ski you want to join? It doesn't have to be this date but a date in September is ideal. @Andy S any dates in September work for you?

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The 15th or 29th works for me.
I think either of those can be made to work for me as well. Let me talk to @veedubtek maybe we can get him to join and let you borrow Karrie's ski then we can just haul tail and not bring any of the boats on this run.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hmm or possibly just do a weekend and run Norfolk to Myrtle Beach.......

AndyD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Updated the title to reflect cancelled since it doesn’t seem to be panning out for most of us. Maybe we can schedule again another time.

Dan_NC

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Are y’all interested in putting another trip together for this spring April/May? I haven’t made this run but willing to help plan it.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am pretty booked up for April but may, depending on what Saturday i work could work out

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We may be. A lot of things are up un the air right now till my wife gets a job. But we are definately interested.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I'm taking my boat to Sand dollar island June 1st. Which is near Beaufort NC. I'll be putting in at Beaufort since my parents live in Jville.

Dan_NC

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Well, I just looked at the place we stayed last year that had trailer parking, Double Tree by Hilton in Atlantic Beach, evidently it is still closed following Hurricane Florence and does not have a projected date to reopen. The good news is that Windjammer inn reopens on 8 May, I have attached a screenshot of what a room would cost for 10 - 12 May. If people are interested, I can call the hotel and see about a group reservation? We can also shift dates if needed, just let me know.Windjammer Inn 10-12 MAY.PNG

Dan_NC

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Sorry, I know that changes the original post, I just saw previous comments about going to Cape Lookout and ran with it. If anyone has an idea of where to launch and stay in New Bern or Beaufort, let me know.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
New bern is a fun run but it is a lengthy one. We put in at a ramp right beside hwy 70... @AndyD stayed in a hotel near there... the run from new bern is a pretty run but u prob need an hour and a half to do it if I remember properly.. we stopped at Beaufort for lunch and then went to cape lookout for a fly by.... by then we were just inside the inlet at Beaufort and trying to decide where to go... it was 330 ish so we decided to head back to newbern. There are many places to put in closer I am sure. It all depends on if people want to Cruze or spend more time at the light house. We are interested either way. @Eric Ballard Eric has done the newbern run twice I think.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
New bern is a fun run but it is a lengthy one. We put in at a ramp right beside hwy 70... @AndyD stayed in a hotel near there... the run from new bern is a pretty run but u prob need an hour and a half to do it if I remember properly.. we stopped at Beaufort for lunch and then went to cape lookout for a fly by.... by then we were just inside the inlet at Beaufort and trying to decide where to go... it was 330 ish so we decided to head back to newbern. There are many places to put in closer I am sure. It all depends on if people want to Cruze or spend more time at the light house. We are interested either way. @Eric Ballard Eric has done the newbern run twice I think.
You happen to stop/see sand dollar island?

It's basically here
Google Maps

Grew up down in Jacksonville and took our boat all over the ICW, but never to this place.

Eric Ballard

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I want in so keep me in mind. I'm just now getting back to checking the forum more for the season. DAMN! work has been too busy that last year for me.

Dan_NC

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@bronze_10 Cape Lookout is the only lighthouse in NC that we haven't been to, so we are looking to make a trip this year.

What is the consensus on this trip? How many are in and what do they prefer? We could always choose a destination address (hotel address or town) and say be here these dates and then spitball where to launch and such. Thoughts?

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Well... if u want to spend more time t the light house then we would prob need to launch closer to the beach somewhere.. the ride from newbern and threw Adam's creek is pretty but it takes some time to get it done. I am not familiar with any other ramps closer but others are. We r still game but before we are totally invested we have to wait and see if my wife gets a job . And see if we get everything done on the boat.... soo much work to do! We can launch closer and spend more time at the light house or put in at new bern and cruise. We will be happy either way.