• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New bern (or similar) to Cape Look out run June 29th (tentative)

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am on vacation this week till next monday. My daughter is visiting from RI till Sunday. So my weekend rotation starts on August 1st. And will be every other Saturday following

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
In addition the beaufort docks charge $1.95 cent per foot.. we can put two boats in one slip but they still charge by the foot, but it would allow us all to be in one area together. They have some nice docks in front of the Inlet inn where we are staying now. The inlet inn nor ally does two night min for weekends. This may he a friday to Sunday deal!

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I am gonna try to get some prices for overnight dock space in beaufort.. while I am here..
Last summer we stayed at the Beaufort Hotel and got a slip at The Boathouse Marina. Worked out well for us. I could probably make just about any date (I hope). The Beaufort Hotel was brand new last summer and a really great place to stay. A bit east of downtown Beaufort

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The slips beside that giant ass boat are $1.95 per foot per night. This is the view from the inlet inn 2nd floor.20200722_124641.jpg

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
The slips beside that giant ass boat are $1.95 per foot per night. This is the view from the inlet inn 2nd floor.
Heck of a view! How are the rooms there? Nice or run down?

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
The Beaufort Hotel has a place nearby, big parking area. After I put the boat in the water, parked the trailer in their lot. They had valet service used from there. Really nice setup. In the pic below, you'll see the public ramp to the left. I circled the parking up top and bottom middle I circled the slip where my boat sat. Walked out of the hotel down to the dock. Couldn't of been much better, except it's not walking distance to everything in town.
delete.jpg

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
So are folks generally thinking of making a weekend out of this? Or just a single day? For me personally, I can be flexible with dates but the next couple of weeks would be ideal, before school starts.

End of August works too. I assume Labor Day weekend will be busy. The weekend before or after??

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So my wife will have a hard time getting time off around then... how does towards the end of sept sound? We are looking at sept the 25th , 27th!

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Honestly, that weekend works well for me. 2 of my kids have off school Sept 25 so making a 3 day weekend out of it would be great.

If you/we stay at the Inlet Inn, what do you do with boat trailers?

Last edited:

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I am lookin at AirBNB and Homeaway right now. There are places available from $125-400 a night and some have parking (not all). The Beaufort Hotel has parking so that would alleviate that issue, it's just not downtown and we would have to contact the Boatworks Marina about availability for multiple boats.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The beaufort hotel is nice but it may be a little over my price range... at the inlet inn it's about 230 a night and its 1.95 a foot for the dock right in front of the inn. The parking is what I need to work on. The beaufort hotel is too far to walk to food...