• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

New Boating Application - Beta

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
As some of you know, I am an Information Technology as well as a Senior Application Developer, and I also own Hang Outdoors, Inc. Which is a side venture. We build small applications for integration with outdoor based Manufacturers and Service Providers and their verticals. This I do as well as my day job running a large IT Department.

When I started looking for a boat I went looking for a web based application for maintenance, logging anything about watercrafts. Something that I could put all the info that I needed into one spot, rather than on spreadsheets, pictures folder, a box and my browser favorites history. What I found I was not impressed with, nor could do al the things that I needed it to do. So we built one. Development started in late April of this year. It is fairly impressive with a ton features. We just passed Alpha stage last week and internal testing. We have hundreds of hours into its development and there is nothing like it available or for that matter even close in functionality. Anyhow we are going to release the Beta version here in the next couple of weeks. Thought it would be great to see if any members of this forum would like to try it out in Beta and provide feedback before we open up Beta to the masses and/or go to full production. Also it enables me to give something back to this community that has helped me out with my boat.

It is a great application that compliments a lot of the other applications already out there as well as forums. It doesn't overlap.

If anyone is interested in Beta testing and being an early adopter let me know. If there is interest I can provide a link and an access code for you to get into the application if you would like to try out it and give feedback as well as use. Also when we go to full release any data you have in the application will be carried over so you can continue to use the application as long as you wish. Furthermore, of course if you try it and delete your account all data is removed completely. Beta begins around the 21st of July or possibly earlier.

If you have interest, PM me and when we publish the beta, I will send you a link and code so you can register and log in.

Some Features implemented, not all and there is quite a decent road map.

1. Add Watercraft and all relevant information
  2. Add Alerts and Log Maintenance with pictures, documents, receipts, notes and cost. Also can track where you purchased items from.
  3. Add Modifications and Upgrades with pictures, documents, receipts, notes and cost. Also can track where you purchased items from.
  4. Create tasks with alarms.
  5. Reminders for Maintenance
  6. You can upload your own library of maintenance manuals, documents and pictures for your specific boat, trailer or other watercraft.
  7. Inventory all equipment and gear.... PFD's, fishing gear, Boards, tubes, etc.
  8. It will create a Profile with all costs for Insurance purposes.
  9. Create and share your own checklists via email or post a link where every you wish.
  10. Create and share your own Float plans, via email or post a link where every you wish.
  11. Allow people who service your watercraft minimal access to areas so they can log the service they perform.
  12. Invite others to your checklists and task list to participate.
  13. Trip Planning and scheduling. Plan a trip with calendars, looks like outlook calendar and scheduling and invite people. Assign them to do's or things to bring/pick up or tasks. The interface is drag and drop.
  14. You can make your boat profile public, "Only certain Parts" so you can link it or have someone who is interested in buying your boat see its history.
  15. If you sell your boat, you can assign the watercraft profile to the buyer so basically you can transfer the full history - MINUS any personal info that you have.
  16. It will also handle adding trailers for watercraft.
  17. Handles all types of watercraft down to a canoe, or PWC, Sailboat, etc.
  18. Tracks Warranty expiration, etc.
  19. All information is Private to you and follows strict standards.

One of the very cool things we are adding last minute, is that let's say you want to sell your boat. You can click on a button and toggle a public link that you can copy and post on the forums here or any where else. What that will do is bring up a public page that describes your boat and has all the maintenance you have done with costs and also all modifications you have done and additions. What's even better is that if someone buys your boat they can either get all the printouts of yours that should be shared, after you authorize it, or they can create an account and you can just click a button and it will make a copy of the information you want to share and it will transfer to them so they can keep going with it. Your specific personal information is never shared and can't be copied. Basically you are sharing and turning over the history and maintenance log to the new owner, as well as the list of modifications and all part numbers that you have entered and links . We feel that this is awesome and a huge plus for the boat market.

We are in contact with different Manufactures so when there are recalls or bulletins they would hit the system and if you have the specific boat or engine it would give you an alert, so that you can take to dealer or schedule your own maintenance. We already have several Mfg's on board and working with their IT departments for API integration. None of your information is shared. Working out the details with Yamaha as well. This of course is a longer part of the road map.

Very cool! Can not wait to see it, appreciate your bringing it to all of us!

Sounds like something very useful!

Very nice, sounds like one can use it for boats, PWC, and maybe other toys?

Last edited:
Yes it can handle multiple things

Thanks for offering this to our group,

Very cool! I also work in IT (mainly doing planning/outlining requirements for automation) and can appreciate the development work that goes into something like this! The application sounds very feature rich. Is this just going to be a web based application accessible via browser? Or are there plans to deploy mobile apps as well for iOS & Android platforms?

Wow, you've been busy! Sounds great, let me know and I'll be a user when you're ready.

That's awesome!
(And hi from a fellow IT professional!)

It is browser based and runs very fast on all platforms. The roadmap and global adoption will dictate what type of portability will be deployed. Most likely Blazor.

Love the idea and would be interested in helping you beta test it.

One question about the data, are you planning on storing it on the device, on your servers, or cloud based storage? What are the backup standards for the data? Will there be any PII data included and how are you planning on handling that?

That information will be available during registration for you to review, my legal and compliance teams handle that verbiage and is outside the context of this forum. The application is global and cloud based in Azure.

WOW, I didn't realize there were so many of us IT guys on the forum. This sounds great! I would really like to beta test as well.

I'm an IT project manager and former software product manager. Lol. Currently on furlough from my Healthcare company tho.

Yes, there seems to be alot. I am a CIO for a Software/Data Aggregation Company and I develop software through two other side ventures in my spare time.

I am currently using Vessel Vanguard for a large vessel. It is very useful especially because the manufacture preloads all of the boats manuals into the system.

Yes we reviewed that application and felt it lacked alot of features for market. There is a bunch of overlap and their price point is high. Still a decent app.

Our goal was to build something simple, intuitive, feature rich, portable, cost effective and secure that you could track multiple Watercraft without setup fees and overhead that would give you all the features you needed without a lot of hassle. Cost per Watercraft, such as Vessel Vanguard charges plus a setup fee detracts from the average boating user's adoption.

Back