• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Boatless with a bunch of questions!

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
For me the 212 I have has almost too much power, its a beast. Thats why I said get the twin 1.8s if you can.

Yamborghini

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
NA
Probably going to do it budget style. Maybe a 2004-5 230. Just to see if it fits me first. I don't think I could be disappointed in a 2012+ 212x because that's what I've been eyeballing. But I couldn't justify the price.

Hopefully I can find a fantastic swim platform go-boat for $12kish with somenice additions and we'll maintained.

And what's the deal with boat brokers? What's their purpose? Individual vs broker?

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@Randall Knapp , brokers offer boats at a commission for maybe a little hit of work. But they don't know the boat or even history generally. If I was buying a preowned boat, I would look for a complete history. And I wouldn't buy a boat from anyone that wasn't a jetboaters.net member! Or at least the previous forum member. Because these boats are easy to do damaging things to if you don't know the skinny. Be informed!

Yamborghini

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
NA
It'll probably be an off season purchase as I'm getting old bills out of the way. So if anyone on here has a 2004-6 with dual motors and looking to sell in the not to distant future let me know. Willing to drive the Southeast for the right boat.

jdonalds

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It'll probably be an off season purchase as I'm getting old bills out of the way. So if anyone on here has a 2004-6 with dual motors and looking to sell in the not to distant future let me know. Willing to drive the Southeast for the right boat.
My advice would be to stay away from 2-strokes. They might be fine but they can also be problematic. The 4- stroke is a sure bet for reliability.

Yamborghini

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
NA
Thought some of the 2003+ models had the mr1

jdonalds

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thought some of the 2003+ models had the mr1
Could be Randal. My advice still stands. If you can find a 2003 model 4-stroke it would be a good buy I'd think.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wow! Lots of great advice here already. I don't think I can add but this:

Towers are good for watersports, but also for handholds for new boat owners and boat riders. When you are not used to the boat rocking or getting on and off, people naturally reach out. If what is there is a thin little strap or bar not designed to hold weight, you get a bent and damaged boat. If it is a tower, that works well.

So, that said, welcome!

Yamborghini

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
NA
Thanks! It'll be a bit before I pull the trigger. Maybe, hopefully, someone here will part with exactly what I want. I believe the best boat for me will come from an enthusiast who maintained their boat.

I'd hate to buy a bargain and it have 500 unforseen problems and I be turned away from boating. We've all heard the pawn stars expression about what ""BOAT" stands for. (BUST OUT ANOTHER THOUSAND) I'd hate for that to be my experience.

I wait patiently for my bills to be squared away and for someone to sell a gem.

ltw77

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I was just like you a few years ago. Never thought about a boat. My wife grew up on the water so that helped but she never owned/maintained one so that was going to be my problem. I stumbled across the yamaha boats and fell in love as you have, found the forum and started dreaming! After 6 months or so of constant reading and self educating another forum member, who happened to live 20 mins from me, was toying with selling his 09 212ss. I wasn't really ready to buy but I knew 2 things were deal makers for me: 1) it had to be the 08/09 212ss because it would fit in the garage @ home and 2) I wasn't prepared to travel to buy @ this point. I think it was a week or two and said member came back and said he was selling and since I had expressed interest first, I had first crack but time was critical as it was mid-June and boat buyers would be chomping @ the bit for this cream puff! Come 4th of July weekend we were on the water in OUR 09 212ss. It is still a crazy story to me that it happened how it did and basically the boat I knew I wanted/needed to work for our family practically fell in our lap and it was local. So I guess my point is, just hang around here for a while and learn as much as you can so if and when opportunity strikes, you can take advantage. BTW, this is the best group of people to deal/learn from PERIOD! My ownership experience has been 100 x's more enjoyable and satisfying because of the knowledge shared here! Not to mention the $$ you save if you can do your own maintenance.

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Randall ........ So glad you're here !
Ya know, Waynesboro ain't all that far from Greensboro ...........
Contact me, and make a short trip to see me and we'll spend the day on beautiful Lake Oconee (another 1 of YOUR company's magnificent lakes !!!!) and we'll see if we can't just get you all accustomed to buying the Yamaha of your dreams.
Then you can just head over to Wedowee Marine, on Lake Wedowee, ANOTHER 1 of your "sister" lakes, straight West on I-20 (part of Alabama Power)
and you can buy your Yamaha from what is the BEST YAMAHA DEALER in the South US, and pay NO GA SALES TAX whatsoever !

Contact me - Let's go "play" fer the day @
Happy upcoming 4th of July weekend to you and yours - Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA
+             CartoonWelcomeAboard.jpg

Yamborghini

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
NA
Thanks mikey! Definitely going to consider the offer. A few things though. I'm a contract crane operator helping build the new units at Vogtle. Not a direct employee of Southern Company. Also I'm from Daphne Alabama so I don't know if there would be a benefit to buying in state of Alabama. We will see though

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Not to mention the $$ you save if you can do your own maintenance.
I save a lot on maintenance but probably spend more on mods and supplies because of the this forum, so it's a double edged sword.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
But the enjoyment factor of mod spend far out does the enjoyment of spending for maintenance.