• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Captains Seat Pedestal

ML4002

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
I need to get a new captains seat and adjustable pedestal with swivel and slide features for my yamaha 2006 SR210. the original is broken.

i am not sure if the pedestal size is 2 7/8" or 2 3/8"?

any good pedestal or seat recommendations? its an old boat so not looking to spend too much. right now i am thinking on purchasing the below:

Amazon.com : Wise 8WP21-374 Adjustable Pedestal with Slide, Silver : Boat Seating : Sports & Outdoors

any feedback/recommendations greatly appreciated

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
What is busted, the seat or the pedestal? They usually are sold separate and quite universal. And what many of us found when swapping pedestal's is that we sheared off the bolts when trying to back them out. So get ready to drill and tap new holes if needed. It's super easy to do.

But if your post is fine, just replace the seat. If the seat is fine, just get the adjustable post, that's what many of us did. As we wanted to raise the seat.

Good luck!

14SX190

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
What is busted, the seat or the pedestal? They usually are sold separate and quite universal. And what many of us found when swapping pedestal's is that we sheared off the bolts when trying to back them out. So get ready to drill and tap new holes if needed. It's super easy to do.

But if your post is fine, just replace the seat. If the seat is fine, just get the adjustable post, that's what many of us did. As we wanted to raise the seat.

Good luck!
Do you have link?
I would love my CC to sit higher or at least when I put up bolster it be higher

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Search “adjustable Pedestal” on here. We had a build thread from last spring. Quite a few of us upgraded at the same time. Links included

14SX190

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Search “adjustable Pedestal” on here. We had a build thread from last spring. Quite a few of us upgraded at the same time. Links included
Thanks.
Glad to see another SDF member

Jilly Ruby Jane

Reaction score
Boat Make
Bayliner
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
I recommend Wise 8WP21-374 adjustable pedestal, they appear well engineered, they rotate, they slide forward and back and the up and down features are smooth and all adjustments lock positively. Because the built in seat base slides forward and back on the pedestal, it is long enough that no adapter plate was needed to bolt directly to the mounting points on our seats. Something to consider when ordering a pedestal is the cost of the adapter plate which is probably not needed with this pedestal. So far, we are very pleased.

Last edited:

Jane305

Reaction score
Boat Make
Grady White
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I am also considering installing the Wise 8WP21-374. I really like height adjustment, travel slides, and 360 degrees features.

Heizen

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
My old Pedestal on my Bayliner 175 was too low, and was not adjustable. This Wise 8WP21 – 18S Pedestal was just what I needed, it raised my seats up by 6 inches with the ability to raise another 4-6 inches. Now I can see where I'm going on the lowest setting and if need I can raise them up for a better view. This base is well made and sturdy. The height adjustment is good but it is not hydraulic so don't sit on it while adjusting. I found it better to use a swivel base.

Last edited:

Rod M

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Did you ever get the diameter of the post? I have 2008 AR230 and need to replace this trac lock slide.