• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Diesel Tow Rig...well, new to me, uh, soon to be new to me...

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Sweet rig Mel!! Congratulations!:winkingthumbsup"

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I have been gathering info for deliver all day. To "pre-buy" or not to "pre-buy", that is the question. Since we are purchasing a 3yr/36K mile warranty as well as a wheel and tire warranty, the bus has to be inspected with a complete certification that it meets or exceeds all requirements for the insurance company to cover it with an extended warranty. All the paperwork is ready to go through the bus and approve as well as learn all of its systems and operation. I should get someone to go with us to video the whole thing, so I can refer to it anytime I need a review! I have also been working on logistics for building a pad next to the barn for it. I will erect a second pole building with a carport cover with half sides at least, to keep 100% of the sun/rain/snow off of it. I will grab a slot in the service panel in the barn, throw in a 50amp breaker, and run a wire out to a junction box to keep the bus plugged in, charged, and weatherproofed. I watch about 10 to 20 short You Tube videos daily on everything from boon docking to resealing the roof. I sure wish I had a forum like jet boaters to ask questions and get answers and well as recommendations. I have a few of you that are RVers that have been so helpful already, and I hope you don't mind the continued questions, @utahrd , @PEARCE , and a few of you that have offered suggestions or help that I don't know well yet as to your RV prowess. So jump in and let me know to put you in my think tank to ward off problems before they start! WE will try to do a day in the campground in a few weeks to use all the systems and try to figure out things first hand on the fly. Let the good times roll!

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have been gathering info for deliver all day. To "pre-buy" or not to "pre-buy", that is the question. Since we are purchasing a 3yr/36K mile warranty as well as a wheel and tire warranty, the bus has to be inspected with a complete certification that it meets or exceeds all requirements for the insurance company to cover it with an extended warranty. All the paperwork is ready to go through the bus and approve as well as learn all of its systems and operation. I should get someone to go with us to video the whole thing, so I can refer to it anytime I need a review! I have also been working on logistics for building a pad next to the barn for it. I will erect a second pole building with a carport cover with half sides at least, to keep 100% of the sun/rain/snow off of it. I will grab a slot in the service panel in the barn, throw in a 50amp breaker, and run a wire out to a junction box to keep the bus plugged in, charged, and weatherproofed. I watch about 10 to 20 short You Tube videos daily on everything from boon docking to resealing the roof. I sure wish I had a forum like jet boaters to ask questions and get answers and well as recommendations. I have a few of you that are RVers that have been so helpful already, and I hope you don't mind the continued questions, @utahrd , @PEARCE , and a few of you that have offered suggestions or help that I don't know well yet as to your RV prowess. So jump in and let me know to put you in my think tank to ward off problems before they start! WE will try to do a day in the campground in a few weeks to use all the systems and try to figure out things first hand on the fly. Let the good times roll!
I used to be on RV.net a lot when I first got my camper, there are lots of very knowledgeable people on there with all types of RV's. I am CampinEarls on that forum. Just don't ask about what tires are the best, or ask about the tow ratings for any kind of vehicle!:)

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Sounds like you need to wear your GoPro during your orientation. It should pick up enough video and audio to be useful down the road ....pun intended.

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I used to be on RV.net a lot when I first got my camper, there are lots of very knowledgeable people on there with all types of RV's. I am CampinEarls on that forum. Just don't ask about what tires are the best, or ask about the tow ratings for any kind of vehicle!:)
I've visited that forum a number of times looking for answers to certain topics, but have never joined and posted. It's a good resource to have, but I've never felt that it was a fun place to hangout on like this great forum.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@jawsf16 , can I borrow the go pro I sold you...I need to make a video! You never know when you will need one of those things do you? we have a Samsung point and shoot, maybe I can rig it to my head!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Or a friend to video and give good questions to you, if the excitement of it all erases them all from your memory! I'm writing them down too.

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Mel....you need to join Good Sam's Club. They have all kinds of forum and tech help plus campground discounts. Also discounts at Camping World which is all over the US.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I have a brochure and have read about Good Sam's Club @Zarrella , thanks for the positive recommendation. We are AAA platinum members and I just joined the Discovery Owners Association. But there are a number of clubs that offer discounts that range from park discounts to discount purchase programs. I have my membership detail back from DOAI, but have not had my access confirmed as of yet, so I am not yet able to get on the forums. I have a magazine from Escapees as well here. But out of those and all the others, I don't know if they are all about the same. Good Sam's is what the previous owners had apparently, as a sticker was left on the windshield.

Boat Crazy

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
When is Table Rock?

https://jetboaters.net/threads/table-rock-lake-june-10-14-2015.3782/
I bet we could find room for that big rig somewhere around the lake!!
@txav8r. Mel, if you are thinking about going to the gathering at Table Rock, check out Mill Creek in Kimberling city. Steep hill going in but paved. Real nice park and 2/3 of the sites are right next to water edge. It is also just across the bridge from where most are staying to include not far from @Jim Robeson's cabin by water. many people rave about how nice it is, especially for the low cost. It is a Corp. Of Engineer park. You and Clara would love the area but would not want to be driving downtown Branson in that rig. Congrats to you and Clara on that beautiful rig. I see lake Powell in your future.

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
X2 on Mill Creek. Nice launch ramp and not far...about 12 minute boat ride to Aunts Creek.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
We might try it if we can get the time off that weekend. If we bring the boat, we won't have a car unless there is a rental place close by. Otherwise, if the group hoes to Branson for anything, could we hitch a ride? I don't know if we can do this, we will have to make sure both of us are off Saturday and Sunday, and it would be great if we were also off Friday. The likelihood isn't good. But it would be great to meet everyone and see you and Cindy again Gary!

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've visited that forum a number of times looking for answers to certain topics, but have never joined and posted. It's a good resource to have, but I've never felt that it was a fun place to hangout on like this great forum.
Yeah, when I joined back in 2009ish it seemed alright and I got a ton of info, but it's not a fun forum to hang out on, there were too many guys that argued on every post, in reality probably 3 or 4 people ruined it for me to keep participating in the forum.

Boat Crazy

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We might try it if we can get the time off that weekend. If we bring the boat, we won't have a car unless there is a rental place close by. Otherwise, if the group hoes to Branson for anything, could we hitch a ride? I don't know if we can do this, we will have to make sure both of us are off Saturday and Sunday, and it would be great if we were also off Friday. The likelihood isn't good. But it would be great to meet everyone and see you and Cindy again Gary!
@txav8r If you decide to make the meet and want to bring your car you are welcome on our boat, if you want to bring the boat, and the group travels by auto anywhere, you are welcome to ride with us in the crew cab dually. Either way you will have a ride.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
The bus has 3/4 tank, I want to fill it. I don't know if it has been tested with biobore or not. Can you over treat diesel? Too much marine grade stable won't hurt the boat, but don't know this product like I do stable. @Murf'n'surf

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You will be fine if its overtreated. Does it have fuel filters or water seperators?

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I will check the owners manual tomorrow Scott. I am not sure. This is my first Diesel experience and I have watched two cummins videos and neither really applied to service or operation. They were more about improvements made to egr and cooling turbo gases in 2010. I will know Saturday anyway. Hope I can remember all of it...remember, I'm an old guy now...I have to read and reread!

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Awesome, On my retirement list for sure. I'd love to hit the road with nowhere specific to go. If you haven't seen the movie RV, WATCH IT. You absolutely have to name the Navigation voice Lola...even if it's a windshield garmin you'll be using.