• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

New fender design from JBP

I ended up biting the bullet and purchasing a couple of these. I had some money left over in my slush fund from detailing. With the new ballast setup I've removed even more storage and need to save space. I have a ton of different fenders in various sizes and colors. Time to pull all of those out and just go with 3 of these. I have some quick cleats I need to install and the location I have to install the rear ones is pretty far back. Maybe a couple feet closer than the rear cleat which is totally useless. I plan to attach to the rear cleat and the quick cleat with one of those fenders to protect that rear part of the boat. Also with the flat fenders I'm hoping the boat won't want to "roll" as much cause the bow or the stern to be pushed towards the dock.

Also have the storage area by the helm COMPLETELY full of life jackets of every size possible. Need to just limit what I need for the day of who's coming on the boat. Which is generally no more than 4 adults and my 2 kids which have theirs on the whole time anyways. No need for 10 life jackets and the throwable. 4 life jackets of the sizing needed and then I have a good size storage area for other people's stuff.

I thought about buying two but decided to try and use the two mission fenders I bought a few years ago instead. Like you @suke i think the rear cleat is useless, on the first gen 240s so is the bow cleat. I plan to install quick connects closer to center from those cleats to address the poor initial configuration.

I thought about buying two but decided to try and use the two mission fenders I bought a few years ago instead. Like you @suke i think the rear cleat is useless, on the first gen 240s so is the bow cleat. I plan to install quick connects closer to center from those cleats to address the poor initial configuration.
That's basically the same with the front cleat on mine too. I plan to install the quick cleat closer to the windshield.

I like the idea of these, but they are a bit pricey.
Agreed! I probably would not have bought them had I not had that slush fund left which I usually try and use on stuff I never would otherwise spend money on.

Those that have these how long did it take to ship out? Trying to figure out if I'm being pushy or not by expecting them to have at least shipped by now.

Those that have these how long did it take to ship out? Trying to figure out if I'm being pushy or not by expecting them to have at least shipped by now.
Mine took 3 weeks to get delivered.

holy crap! Ok, so me being only a week or so in is still pretty early. Dang now they're $10 cheaper each.
Give them a call. I am sure they will make it right for ya :)

Give them a call. I am sure they will make it right for ya :)
I shot them an email. After I did that a few mins later I got an shipping notification. LOL! Maybe that kicked that process off. LOL!

So I couldn't get the discount and the new price. So the difference would be $3. I'm not worried about $3. Discount threshold I think was $250 and it would have been $230. So either way I got within $3 of the new price.

Got mine today. They're longer than I imagined. I think they'll work out great for me. Nice and flat so I can toss them down the gunnels for storage rather than taking up prime storage space which I've limited further with the larger ballast bags.

I know this thread is over a year old but how do you like the fishbone fenders??

We have 2 fishbones! Only taken out once so far with them. Hard to quickly figure a spot to hang on first trip. They don't make a ring super easy but they do it just fine. I tried getting it to go long ways along boat and that didn't work well due to our boat being a bad level compared to dock. Hope to go out tomorrow on the big lake and play with the new toys!
Fishbones, seats, full wrap, trim tabs!

Back