• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New from Ohio

Icatfish247

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The eagle has landed! After quite some time searching, I am now the proud owner of an '07 SX230HO. Found it to be meticulously maintained, under 100 hours, with a like new trailer and couldn't pass it up. After test driving in a half frozen lake(ensured the marina subsequently winterized it) and trailering home in less than ideal conditions, it's safe to say I'm ready for spring.

Also, a big thanks so far to all the active members here. The information found on here has been very helpful in the buying process of what to look for, even if it did make me slightly paranoid about what can go wrong.:eek:

RiverRat

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Congrats! I've definitely been out on half frozen lakes before...still fun!

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Congratulations! Now it's time to plan your attendance at the Midwest Boaters Gathering!

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
@Icatfish247 Where do you plan on doing most of your boating this season? Congrats on the great find! Spring is right around the corner.

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Hi there, @Icatfish247. I LIKE your user name, altho it's largemouth bass fishin' fer me
Glad you found us .......... Please ask away and we'll do whatever we can to make your stay here as pleasant as possible.
We might even HELP you spend some (ie, read A TON !@) of your hard-earned cash. LOL !
Enjoy the Ride" ! Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

And, oh yeah ...... By the way ..........
+             CartoonWelcomeAboard 99 -Icatfish247 - sm.jpg

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The eagle has landed! After quite some time searching, I am now the proud owner of an '07 SX230HO. Found it to be meticulously maintained, under 100 hours, with a like new trailer and couldn't pass it up. After test driving in a half frozen lake(ensured the marina subsequently winterized it) and trailering home in less than ideal conditions, it's safe to say I'm ready for spring.

Also, a big thanks so far to all the active members here. The information found on here has been very helpful in the buying process of what to look for, even if it did make me slightly paranoid about what can go wrong.:eek:
Nice looking boat! Welcome to the forum.

beachbum

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Welcome to the forum... and have fun with the boat... that is, when and if we ever see spring again.

Icatfish247

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@GiddYupJoe im planning to spend the majority of my boating time rotating between Grand Lake St Marys and Indian Lake. I haven't ventured to Indian Lake yet but hear good things about it. Sounds like IL is the go to for water sports and waterfront pit stops while GLSM is better for general cruising and anchoring out to relax since it gets such a bad reputation due to its water quality issues.

Now just to try to avoid buying all intended upgrades in one season since this is the first boat I'll own and I'm already seeing there's plenlty of startup gear needed.

Z28Johnny

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome, congrats on the boat!

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
@GiddYupJoe im planning to spend the majority of my boating time rotating between Grand Lake St Marys and Indian Lake. I haven't ventured to Indian Lake yet but hear good things about it. Sounds like IL is the go to for water sports and waterfront pit stops while GLSM is better for general cruising and anchoring out to relax since it gets such a bad reputation due to its water quality issues.

Now just to try to avoid buying all intended upgrades in one season since this is the first boat I'll own and I'm already seeing there's plenlty of startup gear needed.
Awesome. I grew up in Lima so we went to GLSM quite a bit when I was younger. IL is perfect for bars/restaurants but if you plan on wakeboarding plan on doing it through the week. The chop on the weekends is ridiculous when it comes to water sports. Tubing works out fine whenever.

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

@Icatfish247 is GLSM good for swimming or not yet?

Icatfish247

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Icatfish247 is GLSM good for swimming or not yet?
From my understanding, it's still considered a distressed lake and it was pretty green last summer, so per the state I don't think its good for swimming. But on the other hand I saw people in it last year that didn't seem to mind. I've only been in the area for about a year(grew up boating in Cincy on the Ohio river) but I'd probably get in on a hot day and just shower when I got home.

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
From my understanding, it's still considered a distressed lake and it was pretty green last summer, so per the state I don't think its good for swimming. But on the other hand I saw people in it last year that didn't seem to mind. I've only been in the area for about a year(grew up boating in Cincy on the Ohio river) but I'd probably get in on a hot day and just shower when I got home.
We boat on the Ohio at my in laws in Portsmouth ... Not exactly pristine waters. I wonder if some lakeside rentals could be had on the cheap for a boys weekend? We were looking at IL to rent for a weekend with a toon and my boat to play. Maybe 8-10 beer drinkers max, could be few more. Thoughts? Could we do GLSM ?

Icatfish247

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Well, GLSM does have a few waterfront bars I know of but it sounds like IL is going to be your best bet to go for a weekend with the guys. @GiddYupJoe may be a little more familiar with the two lake options as I'm still learning the area though.

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
We boat on the Ohio at my in laws in Portsmouth ... Not exactly pristine waters. I wonder if some lakeside rentals could be had on the cheap for a boys weekend? We were looking at IL to rent for a weekend with a toon and my boat to play. Maybe 8-10 beer drinkers max, could be few more. Thoughts? Could we do GLSM ?
You can definitely do a guy's weekend. If only going for a weekend look into renting a cabin at Froggys. Parking for your boat and you would be right next to Froggys swim up pool bar. Place is like spring break in Ohio for the 25-50ish crowd. It's a great mix of all sorts of people. Outside of that you have the Tilton Hilton, Indian head, the moose (cheapest beer on the lake if your a member), Atchisons and of course my favorite Cranberrys. As with any Ohio lake.... No alcohol on the water. Don't be doing some sh$t and you are fine drinking while at either swimming hole (nice sandy bottom). Let me know if you have any questions. We will be up there mostly every weekend.