• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New guy with wear ring problems

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Awesome @Tommy ru ! Glad we were able to help. And wow with the speed you got it done. Did you get the oem ring from a SeaDoo dealer?

Thank you. Removed the old one that was destroyed installed new all set. I bought the OEM part. Went smooth I don't think I will waste my time with aftermarket.

Tommy ru

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yes. Mike. I called them as soon as you told me the size I needed. It was going to be the first weekend with the boat. Wanted everything to go perfect for the wife and kids. It's just weird Scarab does t have any schematics or part numbers available on the engine or pumps that are readily available.

Tommy ru

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
This is a great Fourum. The more I learn the more I can help others. I guess someone's pain can be the next guys gain.

Tommy ru

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
image.jpg image.jpg Does anyone know what this is called I noticed I have a hairline crack in it.

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That brace holds your reverse bucket. Just keep an eye on it. You should be ok.

Tommy ru

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Sounds good. Thank you

Elio195HOI

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Other
The new 300 HP sea doo also uses the same pump as we have, but uses a thinner wear ring with a 161mm impeller. Im going to order these soon, and fit them on my Scarab. If it works (and it should) it would give you a better hole shot, and maybe 1-3mph due to the new blade design. More to come on this! If I remember correctly @Speedling has been saying this for a while now.
Did you ever get around to trying this out @ScarabMike ?