• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New here 2020 sx 190

Manningr22

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Bought it two days ago. 2020 SX190, gray. Bringing it home next week.
Nice! Congrats man. I am in the "process" of buying a 2020 212X. It's from PA and the marina is currently closed so just waiting to finalize that paperwork. I am curious to see what it's like when they do finally 'open up.' I imagine they will still be enforcing social distancing and ish, so am curious what that looks like for sales and walkthroughs and stuff. I would like to take it for a demo ride before I take it home so I can see if there is anything wrong, ensure everything works as its supposed to so they can fix it first. This is my first new boat and that feels like a no brainer, but are people really taking these things home without running them at all? What is your plan?

IvanRZB

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Congratulations and welcome, great looking boat!

mrdubean1

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Nice! Congrats man. I am in the "process" of buying a 2020 212X. It's from PA and the marina is currently closed so just waiting to finalize that paperwork. I am curious to see what it's like when they do finally 'open up.' I imagine they will still be enforcing social distancing and ish, so am curious what that looks like for sales and walkthroughs and stuff. I would like to take it for a demo ride before I take it home so I can see if there is anything wrong, ensure everything works as its supposed to so they can fix it first. This is my first new boat and that feels like a no brainer, but are people really taking these things home without running them at all? What is your plan?
The process was simple for me. I bought my boat in Winchester County, New York. The sales person showed me the boat, in which it was outside in a large open area. We maintained our distance, both wearing masks due to COVID19, and after I was comfortable seeing the boat again ( I saw it and checked it in detail at the Javits Center Boat Show in January), we both agreed on a price and Yamaha mooring cover, and that was that for that day. I did not leave with the boat that day and didn't even go inside his office.
He emailed me the paperwork, in which I filled it out, scanned and sent it back to him. Down payments were received by telephone, and he will give me a 45 day temporary registration, since DMV's are closed in New York. I will pick it up next week, approximately 10 days after seeing the boat.
Its my second boat, and I did not start it. I am confident that it will start the first time I try it at my house.
I would recommend anyone, if buying a used boat, to definitely start it up before buying, or hopefully go on a water trial, if at all possible.
Hope this helps!

Manningr22

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
The process was simple for me. I bought my boat in Winchester County, New York. The sales person showed me the boat, in which it was outside in a large open area. We maintained our distance, both wearing masks due to COVID19, and after I was comfortable seeing the boat again ( I saw it and checked it in detail at the Javits Center Boat Show in January), we both agreed on a price and Yamaha mooring cover, and that was that for that day. I did not leave with the boat that day and didn't even go inside his office.
He emailed me the paperwork, in which I filled it out, scanned and sent it back to him. Down payments were received by telephone, and he will give me a 45 day temporary registration, since DMV's are closed in New York. I will pick it up next week, approximately 10 days after seeing the boat.
Its my second boat, and I did not start it. I am confident that it will start the first time I try it at my house.
I would recommend anyone, if buying a used boat, to definitely start it up before buying, or hopefully go on a water trial, if at all possible.
Hope this helps!
Yea that makes sense. I'm swinging by to drop off the trade in for them to run through this weekend. Still can't take the boat with me though. He also can't "show" me the boat bc they're not allowed, but I can show myself it. Such a weird world. I guess I was just nervous to get in a completely unfamiliar boat, with unfamiliar characteristics, and just wing it. I've been boating my entire life, but never been in a jet boat. I've been reading this forum for months now but I feel like I only have an idea of what to look out for, and have no clue how it's supposed to run. I actually had a nightmare last night that they didn't adjust the buckets properly so when I started it, it lurched forward onto concrete. This is what happens when you "bought" a boat over a month ago sight unseen, and now have all the time in the world to concoct redic scenarios.

14SX190

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Dan B

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Picking up same boat for 31500 and OTD was 34,476 hopefully this weekend
What was your price breakdown. Here is my thread

Also, does your trailer have swing away tongue? Hope mine does as I hope to park it in garage
Did anyone get freight cover included?
Price looked right, my trailer has the swing away tongue and yes they included the shipping cover. I didn’t buy another cover for it as it’s always garage kept.

mrdubean1

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length