• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New here

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Adding my welcome as well! Great to have some variety in boat types!

What year is it? How many hours?

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Welcome.jpg

tri-guy

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Other
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
It's a 1993. There is no hour gauge. Is there any way to estimate the hours on a motor without the guage?

Adding my welcome as well! Great to have some variety in boat types!

What year is it? How many hours?

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hmmm... There may be, but I don't know it.

But at 1993, it has been around a while. I didn't even know there were jet boats back then... Neat.

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Welcoma aboard @tri-guy. Just for our member education I'm posting a link to your type boat for sale along with pics and a French to English translation. Maybe @tri-guy can add to it. Looks pretty cool though.
http://www.boats4sale.pro/detail/ca/UUPPmPHOeHPUHCHHeUd/Bateau-Style-Seadoo-ThunderCraft-Typhoon-SportJet-90
Discription:
Boat Style Seadoo ThunderCraft Typhoon SportJet 90 * beautiful boat turbine with MERCURY 90HP 2TEMPS engine * hours of fun for the whole family! - 4-5 seats - AM/FM Radio, CD (good speakers) comes with:-Trippe double - 4 vests rescues - 2 trains - 3 mooring buoys - security-complete canvas of transport and storage-trailer Kit and many more... * Flywheel, Starter, battery, cable gas: brand new! * BOAT IN EXCELLENT CONDITION, THE PHOTOS SPEAK FOR THEY SAME!

tri-guy

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Other
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Thanks for the link Gym. There's not a lot more I can add, since I don't really know a lot about this boat either. It's my first jet boat, so plugging the intakes was all new to me. Didn't think going over a patch of weeds doing 35 mph would be a problem. But I learned the hard way...and the embarrassing way. Had to kill the engine and wait for it to cool before slowly trolling back to the dock.

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Hey @tri-guy !!! Glad you are here !!!!!!!!!!! Pull up a chair and enjoy yourself !
Super Kewl boat ya got !
Best Wishes, Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA
DROP A LINE.jpg