• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

New Impellers, your thoughts?

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think I had a jam in the impeller housing yesterday and my impeller, plastic liner is pretty ripped up. I don't think the impellers were ever replaced and they do have a few dings plus they aren't Solas :cool:. I may take this opportunity to change out to Solas concords or another option. My impeller ducts have some fins that are not "whole" so I may think about changing those out based on the feedback here.

I have an 2001 LS 2000 with new impeller housings and plastic liners. Stock engine setup with no performance mods

1) I will replace the plastic liner(s). Has anyone done this and what do you recommend as far as getting the old liner out?
2) Any recommendations on specific Solas impellers from an LS2000/LX/AR210 owner or previous owner? I read that RivaRacing can help but I wanted to get feedback on concord vs. the "x" model. I have a stock engine. We do a lot of watersports while I also like speed. According to the Riva site, it looks like the LS2000 would use: YD-CD-12/18.
3) My impeller duct assembly (fins that sit in front of impeller) have chips out of them and they are not completely whole. See the attached picture. Will I see a big difference in replacing these or could I think about staying with the older ones while still seeing an improvement by the switch to new Solas impellers?
4) how easy is it to replace the jet pump bearings? I see they are inexpensive but it sounds like they require a press and I am not sure whether this is something to try on your own or should I think about getting a press (i.e. harbor freight). Easy enough or risky with new Solas, new bearings, etc?

impeller duct pic2.JPG

Last edited:
I had Group K Solas impellers in my Exciter and LX 2000. They use 12-18 on one side and 13-19 on the other and then custom bend from there depending on engine mods to get even rpms at WOT. http://www.groupk.com/yjetboat.htm Much better hook up and a few mph on top.
I never replaced the plastic liners. Seems like I read somewhere that you could heat them and the plastic would come out easier.
Yes , I would replace the broken fins.

#4 --If you don't want to mess with pressing bearings in, you should be able to drop off all of your parts at a dealer and have it done there. Then you can reinstall everything in the boat yourself.

Thanks @Murf'n'surf . I had a dealer press on the housing bearing when I did that and it was $60 for one side and $80 for the other side. Pretty costly for the press but I am sure I could try another dealer and/or machine shop. I am going to take your advice and this is why I will postpone the jet bearing and duct up until I have more time. I also see that when I order the duct, the kit comes with the jet bearings. Next year

Absolutely replace the fin section of the pump. This section is where the efficiency of the pump comes into play. It straightens the water as it comes out of the pump. Without this, and you will have a problem steering - I exaggerate but only a bit.
14/20's on the impellers. Have them on my 212ss right now, but an exciter is really light and I had that baby going 65 mph on gps.

@Speedling , thank you. I ordered new impeller ducts and jet pump rebuild kits since I should replace those when replacing the ducts. At this point, everything starts showing up tomorrow and I found a yamaha dealer that said they can knock this out for me quickly.

Back