• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Jet boat lover from Shelbyville, IL

MutherTucker

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi everyone, I'm new here and new to boat life. I'm loving it so far, but have sooo much to learn. I know nothing about boats, but have been drooling over these jet boats for 5 years. So, in June I finally put my foot down and bought the "Muther Tucker." I'm in love with it. My husband is mad at me.....but, the more he noodles in the water, the quicker he is forgiving....

A few things I do know.

I love this forum and sometimes have to force myself to close the tab and return to the real world.

My boat has some issues: fuel sender not working, depth finder not working, silicone botch job on top of fuel tank, whatever that means??? and some small fuel leakage coming from fuel reservoir (my biggest concern), starboard handle a lil loose.

Some things I would like to add/change: hard wire a bilge switch, stainless steel scupper, a new friggin' anchor (not a mushroom), an easier cover to put on while in the slip for the summer season, cobra locks, carpet.

Cool feature on my boat: 5 batteries, 2 alpine subs, 16 Rockford Fosgate Speakers, 8 on the wake tower, 8 inside boat, Multicolored LED's inside interior speakers and cup holder areas.

Feel free to advise on any of this!!! I'm all ears!

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
First!!!! Welcome aboard, and congrats on the boat. You will find a wealth of knowledge and help here, second!! You will have no excuse for not attending the Shelbyville gathering 2015.

Boat Crazy

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome, sounds like you have one rocking machine with all that sound. My first concern would be the small fuel leakage. With that comes fumes. NOT GOOD. I vaguely remember Someone having problems with a sender and fuel leak that was caused by a sender unit being to long and wearing on the tank. Hopefully others with more knowledge of this be able to help. Sorry you missed us at The Shelbyville gathering.

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
The fuel leak would be my biggest concern, top priority finding and correcting it !!! If there is a "botch" silicone job around the sender that would be the best place to start looking could just need installed correctly, or the seal ring could be bad.

MutherTucker

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Boat Crazy, I read something about a fuel sender being too long on the OTHER site. i am investigating. in the meantime i check engine compartment before i go out every time and kick the fan on for at least 10 minutes before i depart the slip.

@JC6275, it would be downright rude if i didn't attend the shelbyville gathering next year. when i saw all of the boats out there last weekend i was so excited!

Boat Crazy

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Last edited:

MutherTucker

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Boat Crazy this should explain it. although my cover probably does block the vent as well.
fuel 1.JPG fuel 2.JPG fuel 3.JPG

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hey Muther Tucker. Glad you made it. It was a great pleasure meeting you last weekend. Welcome to the family. This group will take care of you. Next year we'll have to hear that sound system!

Boat Crazy

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hard to tell in the picture #1. Is that fuel laying in the engine compartment? Do you get fuel draining/smell when you open up the fuel tank excess drain plug?

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome @MutherTucker and congrats on the new boat. That must be one heck of a sound system you have there. Like the others have stated, first order of business, get the fuel leak fixed. As far as the anchor, we have had great success with the "box anchor". It's a set it and forget it kind of anchor. However, you probably could drop in one of those batteries as a good anchor too ;)

MutherTucker

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hard to tell in the picture #1. Is that fuel laying in the engine compartment? Do you get fuel draining/smell when you open up the fuel tank excess drain plug?
Yes, and yes. drained fuel the first time i pulled plug to the fuel compartment, but tank was half full of gas and didn't see fuel leak out after initial drainage. Called previous owner who said he has never pulled that plug in the 2 yrs he's owned the boat. I thought maybe it was left over from the previous fix which resulted in the silicone and fuel sender being.....well, I don't know what? Sealed? Someone definitely didn't know what they were doing and god knows I sure don't either!

Boat Crazy

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
A good start would be (with boat on the trailer) remove the fuel tank compartment drain plug, wipe up excess fuel that drains (if any). After wipe up, open up the other drain plug in that location (this will drain to the bilge area). With fuel tank cover removed and trailer raised or placed on a downward slope to the stern, hose out and clean the best you can, the fuel tank compartment (Flush well). Observe to see if fuel smell continues or fuel drains when the plug is removed a day or days later.

MutherTucker

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
A good start would be (with boat on the trailer) remove the fuel tank compartment drain plug, wipe up excess fuel that drains (if any). After wipe up, open up the other drain plug in that location (this will drain to the bilge area). With fuel tank cover removed and trailer raised or placed on a downward slope to the stern, hose out and clean the best you can, the fuel tank compartment (Flush well). Observe to see if fuel smell continues or fuel drains when the plug is removed a day or days later.
I did all that you just recommended, been watching it closely and have not see any fuel leaking over the past couple of months, but this past weekend, after some hard tubing and sharp turns, I noticed a very small amount of leakage into the bilge area (there's an area of caulk from the fuel compartment into the bilge area that's failing, it's not leaking from the plug of the fuel compartment.) Not sure if this is still residual fuel from initial leak or new fuel leaking. Each time I approach the gas pump I tell them to fill it up since my gas gauge doesn't work! I've checked filler hose while filling with gas and injector areas. Nothing visibly leaking. If I have a hole in the fuel tank somewhere that will be a warm welcome into the world of boating I'd say! ;/

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Welcome aboard! That is quite the audio setup.

MutherTucker

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Forgot to add: Two Rockford Fosgate t1500-1bdcp amps for subs and two Rockford Fosgate T1000-4ad amps for the highs. :headphone:

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hey Muther Tucker. Glad you made it. It was a great pleasure meeting you last weekend. Welcome to the family. This group will take care of you. Next year we'll have to hear that sound system!
Why wait? If she turns the volume up I'm sure we could all hear it now. :winkingthumbsup" Welcome aboard @MutherTucker.

jdonalds

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Oh my gosh. A wife that is ahead of her husband buying a boat. Be still my racing heart! Welcome aboard.

Jr15g

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Welcome to the family. That is a nice set up!!!

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Glad to see you over here and glad we got to meet. It was a pleasure talking with you and your husband and you for sure have to attend next year. I will take you out wake surfing and get you addicted to another hobby. :p