• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Jet boat lover from Shelbyville, IL

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

Welcome aboard. I remember reading a thread on the other site about a guy who had a fuel leak from a screw that mounts the sender puncturing into the tank. It was that way from factory and he wanted mother Yamaha to do a recall. I don't think that happened. He only experienced it when he had a full tank.

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
You need to fix that fuel leak ASAP! Not sure I'd be comfortable driving a boat with any leaking fuel in it! At the very least run those blowers extra time and be certain to open the engine compartment to check for smells.

MutherTucker

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You need to fix that fuel leak ASAP! Not sure I'd be comfortable driving a boat with any leaking fuel in it! At the very least run those blowers extra time and be certain to open the engine compartment to check for smells.
Trust me, I'm a little freaked about it! I would not drive it if I smelled gas or saw gas in the engine compartment.

Right after I bought the boat and put it in slip the marina came to change plugs and oil (never again! i will do it myself next time! they overfilled the oil and charged me an arm and leg.) and noticed quite a bit of gas in the engine compartment.

I took the boat out of the water, pulled all the plugs, drained water.....then some fuel. Called the previous owner. He owned the boat for 2 years and had NEVER pulled the plug to the fuel compartment since he had it. He also said the fuel gauge never worked for him. The original owner had done whatever work (i refer to it as tampering) needed to be done to fuel sender and pumps (photos below.)

I called a friend to come look at it. He checked hoses and connections, told me to flush out the fuel compartment with awesome and watch it. In a few weeks we have plans to replace fuel sender and reseal the fuel pump areas since they appear to be silicone covered already?

I flushed out fuel compartment, did not see any more gas leaking out for several days with a half full tank, boat sitting on trailer parked on a slope stern lower than bow. I put it back in the water and have been watching it. I've filled up the tank several times, check hoses and lifted compartment lid to see if fuel is leaking anywhere while at the gas pump. I haven't seen anything. I fill the tank every time I hit the pump since my gauge doesn't work....

It's been a little more than two months and I haven't seen any fuel leaking into engine compartment. I check EVERY time I go to the slip. I run the fan for a long time before departing. BUT last weekend I noticed a tiny bit of gas in the area outside of compartment which is telling me there's a slow leak somewhere. I'll be pulling it out of the water this week. :(

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

MutherTucker

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'd invest in a fume detector. Best safety mod I ever added!
Thanks for the advice, I will look into that feature.

MutherTucker

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Glad to see you over here and glad we got to meet. It was a pleasure talking with you and your husband and you for sure have to attend next year. I will take you out wake surfing and get you addicted to another hobby. :p
Oh great, another hobby. I may have to quit my job. Hey, I'm the boss, I could just fire myself!

MutherTucker

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
As promised, here's a sample of the sound system....

MutherTucker

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That's awesome! I need to convince the wife that we need to upgrade our stock sound system in our ar192. Welcome aboard!!!!!!!!!
The sound system was the only selling point for hubby. I'm in charge of everything else!