• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Jet Boater in Pa!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
FORTY HOURS IN TWO WEEKS! :eek:Does that include nights and weekends?:D I loved my '08 SX 230, it was a great boat! I wanted to throw in my two cents and welcome you to the forum, and I expect you already know the value of the membership here and how helpful they are:winkingthumbsup", congrats on the new ride and once again, welcome!:Welcome:

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hello and Welcome !! :Welcome:

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Congratulations on your new boat! You are going to find a lot of useful information on here. Good Luck and enjoy!:Welcome:

MrWizard

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congratulations on your new boat! You are going to find a lot of useful information on here. Good Luck and enjoy!:Welcome:
Thanks, this site is proving quite handy to browse!

MrWizard

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
FORTY HOURS IN TWO WEEKS! :eek:Does that include nights and weekends?:D I loved my '08 SX 230, it was a great boat! I wanted to throw in my two cents and welcome you to the forum, and I expect you already know the value of the membership here and how helpful they are:winkingthumbsup", congrats on the new ride and once again, welcome!:Welcome:
Oh man my gf and I have been spending a TON of time out so far this year...the local fuel station LOVES us I'm sure! And that definitely is nights and weekends...I couldn't even begin to calculate how much MORE time we've added since I posted that. We're both water babies so being out there is what we do best [among other things, teehee]

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I know I'm a bit late to the party @MrWizard (and you've probably out another 40 hrs on it by now) but welcome and glad to hear that you're loving your new ride !!!

karstman7

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
welcome mrwizard - i'm a newbie too and nearby! i recognized tmi right away lol - i'm going to raystown in mid july but was wondering what you thought of blue marsh and what parts of the susque you go - i haven't gotten my boat wet yet!!! *owned 1 week and been working on it - i read about lake clarke as a poss....

MrWizard

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
welcome mrwizard - i'm a newbie too and nearby! i recognized tmi right away lol - i'm going to raystown in mid july but was wondering what you thought of blue marsh and what parts of the susque you go - i haven't gotten my boat wet yet!!! *owned 1 week and been working on it - i read about lake clarke as a poss....
First off, welcome to both jet boating and this forum! I can nearly guarantee that you're going to love both, as this forum has been an invaluable source of knowledge and ideas for my boating life.
I spend a lot of time boating the Susquehanna around what's called "Lake Frédéric", down near Shelley Island. There's definitely parts of that area to steer clear of, but for the most part it's normally 4-10 ft in depth. I set my depth finder to warn me when I'm under 3 ft...which there are areas between the islands you have to be careful through.
I haven't been to Blue Marsh yet this season, but it's my favorite lake that's close by. On the weekends it can get crowded quickly, but during the week you can own it easily.
You need to get her (your boat) on the water... I'm out mostly every weekend all weekend long as my friends have a place on a Shelley Island where I can stay.
If you're ever interested in meeting up, send me a PM and I'll gladly show you the parts to be careful of and where you can open the throttles up. Somebody taught me, I have no problem with passing that knowledge along.

Mike

karstman7

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
@karstman7, just saw your tow rig...I also use a BMW X5 :)
yours is diesel though! mines only the v6 and technically its the fiances so i only drive it when towing - just picked up my boat and having a shop check it out but once I'm ready in the next couple of weeks id love to meet so you can show me the territory - i won't take up much of your time but it would be nice to have somebody show me the ropes on a new boat/area - thanks! i'll shoot you a pm to see if you are around when i know...

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome @MrWizard , enjoy the boat and this site. I also boat at blue marsh so maybe I'll see you out there.