• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Jetboater experiencing cavitation? I think?

dayf

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Hello all! First post here. Ive only owned a jetboat for 2 seasons now(yes, seasons. Upstate NY. No winter boating for me!) and I am very quickly realizing that maybe this used 2002 Seadoo Challenger 2000, at $6500, marked down from 85, was NOT the steal i thought it was lol. First of all, i had a hell of a time finding a mechanic that would even CONSIDER looking at it. 2nd, it appears that youtube users and seadoo jetboat owners have never been the same person, because every time ive had an issue amd tried that route, i cant find anything! I cant even find much info anywhere on the internet! Which brings me to these forums. Nice to meet ya! Now for my issue....as the subject reads, i think im experiencing what is called cavitation? Im not quite sure what that is. I was bringing it back to take it outvof the water, when I suddenly lost power, and the rpms seemed to scream. I nursed it in, and called my mechanic, who has not responded yet. My wife and I were on our local river. Lots of debris. Usually we keep it at our seasonal camp, with a beautiful small lake and a private launch. This year, ilI took it home early so I could fish the river. And I found out the reverse buckets, i think thats what they are, can be moved up so you can see right into the impeller, amd sure enough, theres something wedged in there. Maybe a couple somethings. But its not wood. And i was wondering, are there any Seadoo jetboat owners out there who mightbbe able tontell me how easy it is to remove whatever i need to, in order to get whatever is wrapped around the impeller, out of there?20230907_165157.jpg

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
try looking up from under the boat through the intake grate it does sound like you sucked something up . I spent many a day removing the pump to
clean it out and one day I had a kids toy soldier in the impeller. You may also need to remove the intake grate to get a good look in the pump.

Last edited: