• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Member -Just got a 2017 215 H/O Impulse Wake

HarpG

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Got the 2017 215 H/O wake edition Aug 18th I think. First time out the middle windshield fell through and was unable to put back, dealer came down and fixed at the dock. Second time out, we had planned to go camping on an Island about 15 miles away with 2 other families. Put the key in, got a loud beep "Reverse Module Error", called the dealer. They said better to bring in it, they dropped off 2016 version of the same make. Used it for the weekend. They said I should have it back in a week, when I called to check they said it had been sent back to the factory. Dealer has loaned the same boat to me for the second weekend now (hate using other peoples stuff), appreciate them for doing it, could have said factory issue and not helped I suppose. Hope to have her back soon. Didn't crack 2 hours and have put over 15 on the loaner. Sorry for the long rant, I'm here basically to read other peoples experiences and get tips. I'm usually a trial and error guy but would appreciate any advice.
IMG_6551.PNG IMG_6516.JPG

Attachments

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome aboard. Sorry to hear about your troubles but honestly having a loaner boat is WAY better than most other Scarab Owners have made out. @ScarabMike will likely chime in with better advice regarding your specific issue. Hope they work it out for you soon.

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nice boat.

Looks like you are having issues with the INR (Intelligent Neutral & Reverse) system. It should be an easy fix if the dealer knows what they are doing. I would believe its a fuse or relay. Maybe even a loose connection.

HarpG

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Thanks for the reply guys, I got a call from the Ontario Scarab rep today. She said they were able to recreate the "reverse mod error" code and asked if I had the kill switch out. I said no, she said back to the drawing board. She said they have it out in their test lake and Lake Michigan today and will call me tomorrow. Will update when I get some news.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for the reply guys, I got a call from the Ontario Scarab rep today. She said they were able to recreate the "reverse mod error" code and asked if I had the kill switch out. I said no, she said back to the drawing board. She said they have it out in their test lake and Lake Michigan today and will call me tomorrow. Will update when I get some news.
It's encouraging to know you are at least getting feedback even if it's not the news you wanted to hear. . . . .

Scarabpaul

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'm impressed that your dealer gave you a loaner? I have not heard from anyone on this forum who's dealer did that. I would just enjoy racking up hours on a boat that's not yours. maybe just have the dealer winterize your boat before they get it back to you....

HarpG

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
I'm impressed that your dealer gave you a loaner? I have not heard from anyone on this forum who's dealer did that. I would just enjoy racking up hours on a boat that's not yours. maybe just have the dealer winterize your boat before they get it back to you....
Hey Paul, The Boat Warehouse in Kingston. They took me out in the owners son's boat for my test drive, ive only used my boat once. They have loaned that boat to me now for almost 2 weeks in total. Awesome dealership, I own a business so I understand customer service. They have gone above and beyond and I'm a creature of habit so I wont even visit another dealer, I think they store boats so will just use them for everything, also when its time to trade in or whatever. Lucked out having them in Kingston. How is the boating where your at, I'm from Hamilton and living in Kingston its a different world having all the islands around for camping and what not. Cheers

Scarabpaul

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I did hear good things about the boat warehouse. Great boating out my way. I drop the boat in lake simcoe often ( I have a ramp 5 minutes from my house). I also boat in muskoka, the conditions never gets too rough and the scenery / cottages is second to none! I need to make a trip out to Kingston one weekend, I hear the boating is great! maybe next year when they do the big poker run. Good luck with the boat!

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
This is good to hear. Bought my boat used, the dealer I need to deal with is the Boat Warehouse. I'm in Ottawa but cottage about an hour north of Kingston near Sharbot Lake. Hooray for a good Scarab dealer nearby!

HarpG

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Update...... Scarab has had my boat since August, said they could not recreate the situation "reverse module error" without pulling the emergency cord. I double checked that when it wouldn't start with me. I told the rep I wasted $1500 on a boat slip and so on. She said higher up in customer service would call and handle. I never got a call from who was suppose to, received a call "I'm calling because my boss is too busy and said to handle this". He regurgitated everything the rep said. Offered nothing and basically said I should be happy the looked it over. Sent it to them with 1hr......they said they put on 5 hours. They were going to sent it back last week, I explained the weather has been great and we have 1 week left. Boat never came till yesterday, fully winterized and with shrink wrap. Which basically tells me they never heard/listened to a word I said or didn't care. Will def be my last scarab.