• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Member Learning Everything I can Before Purchase!

Patman941

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Congrats! And I’m jealous. Hope to be in your shoes (or sandals) here by the end of the year or this time next year!! Have fun making those family memories.

WBeads

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Congrats and welcome! If you ever get to White Bear Lake or see my on the St Croix, stop over and say hello. Can't miss a center console jet boat!!

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Welcome from North Central MN! You won't have to wait long now. That snow that just blasted through will melt as fast as it came. I'm seeing a nice forecast coming this weekend! Going and exploring new lakes is the way to go in MN/WI.

I live by my Avatar, it is the home of 10,000 landings and sandbars!

wanna-be-jetter

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Break in period is officially over, feels great to finally get the boat out! Except for an alarm saying “shut off engine and call your Yamaha dealer” it was a fun trip. Time to celebrate. 24BEFA68-6779-4C4E-8472-EB7CD6511214.jpeg

pmustico

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Greetings everyone! I've started checking out this and other forums as I slowly begin my search for my first boat. A little about me and my boating needs/wants. I live in MN (where the boating season is limited and therefore coveted!) with my wife and two young kids. We have rented boats in the past and are now looking into ownership in the next year. I landed on jet boats for their propless design. Also, our main lake is relatively shallow with channels between three larger bodies of water and our secondary lake has a nice little sandbar to utilize the large swim platform on the Yamaha's specifically. This will be my first foray into boat ownership as well as jet boats in general so any advice I can get on my search and subsequent maintenance/modifications would be greatly appreciated! Hopefully when the season starts up again for us next year I'll be able to show off pics of my new toy!
Welcome! Get A 210 FSH... VERY versatile boat.. :) of course I'm biased.

John83

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
In the same boat here ;), I trailer as well but I spend 90% of my time on lake Minnetonka. Big body of water, lots of bays, and thus various water conditions to do various things from cruising to chilling to surfing to tubing to skiing, you name it.....
How well do the 19 ft yahama's handle the bigger bodies of water?

FLBulldogger

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
How well do the 19 ft yahama's handle the bigger bodies of water?
We own and have owned 190's and boat in the Gulf of Mexico, Tampa Bay area and the boats do fine. Now we don't boat if the forecast is anything above light chop (1-3 ft seas), anything above those conditions can get real uncomfortable and sometimes quite nautical...We have learned that in higher seas we don't try and get on plane, so as to keep the bow up and let the hull take the brunt of the action, so we stay at about 10-12 MPH and it makes the ride less stressful.

Last edited:

Mully262

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SD
Boat Length
We live in Forest Lake and are real close to the main launch there, and not too far from Big Marine State Park or any of the Chisago area lakes. We also have a seasonal camper set up in Wisconsin near a chain of six lakes that we'll boat regularly too. Too many options to be tied to just one, which is why I had to go with a trailerable set-up that *should* fit in my garage!
Jump on the Croix! It's my fav. From the high bridge north of Stillwater down to Prescott.

boatman1975

REJECTED / BANNED
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
NA
Welcome aboard!!!