• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Member questions - 2020 AR190 Black

bleudyno

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi all! I just picked up a 2020 AR190 Black in May for my 40th birthday. I've added a few things here and there but I'm just really itching to get this out on the water as much as I can. I live in Orange County, CA so at the moment, I've been taking it out of Newport Beach, CA. Hopefully I can plan a trip out to a lake soon since the rough waves in the ocean don't make it much fun and I find myself taking it back to the bay to just cruise around. This is my first boat ever and I've got a few questions that I hope some of you guys can help me out with, mostly with parts.

1. Is there anyway I can add the sunpad cushion in the bow?
2. Adding the Seadeck kit is at the top of my list right now. I read that a lot of you guys got in on a group buy from Jetboatpilot. Do they normally do a group buy around September?
3. A buddy of mine works at Garmin and can get me a great discount on their marine products. Looking to get an Echomap with transducer but not sure which model to get. I want to have it installed on the dash next to the screen so I'm wondering which size would fit best there.
4. I wanted to add a table mount to the rear by the swim deck. Has anyone done this themselves?
5. Any other must have mods you guys can recommend? I just installed the Cobra Jet Ak-19 Ultimate and an anxious to get it out this weekend to try it out to see how big of a difference it makes.

Thanks!

David

marcham

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
:Welcome: to the forum!

1. What do you mean by a sunpad? Your boat should have come with 2 filler cushions for the bow area.
2. others can chime in
3. Some have removed the cell phone holder, there's lots of room behind. I mounted a Garmin Striker 4 plus just ahead of the throttle. I use a smartphone app (Navionics Boating Canada / USA) for my maps. Cheaper and always up to date, plus I can do my route planning anywhere.
4. Search the forum, others have done this. In fact, I believe the AR195S or larger models comes with this. You can buy the bracket from any Yamaha dealer.
5. Wakeboarding or Wakesurfing? You'll want a RideSteady or PerfectPass.

Last edited:

bleudyno

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for the reply!

1. The filler pad I was referring to is something like this:
yamaha_ar190_bowsunpad_2016.jpg
5. No plans to do anyt wakeboarding or surfing yet as the coast ocean waters are not ideal for the activity. I can barely drive out there when the water gets choppy.

Maccam26

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My answers beside your questions.

1. Is there anyway I can add the sunpad cushion in the bow? You can get them from Yamaha Sports Plaza but it'll cost about $500.
2. Adding the Seadeck kit is at the top of my list right now. I read that a lot of you guys got in on a group buy from Jetboatpilot. Do they normally do a group buy around September? Yes Fall is normally his group buy timeframe.
3. A buddy of mine works at Garmin and can get me a great discount on their marine products. Looking to get an Echomap with transducer but not sure which model to get. I want to have it installed on the dash next to the screen so I'm wondering which size would fit best there. I looked at Garmin but went with SIMRAD GO7 as it was easier to fit, the garmins require larger cut outs. The following models MAY fit but you'll have to be creative and do some fitting
ECHOMAP™ Plus 64cv or ECHOMAP™ Plus 74sv

4. I wanted to add a table mount to the rear by the swim deck. Has anyone done this themselves? Not yet but for $86 Yamaha Sports Plaza has the extra bracket needed, this is on my list also.
5. Any other must have mods you guys can recommend? I just installed the Cobra Jet Ak-19 Ultimate and an anxious to get it out this weekend to try it out to see how big of a difference it makes. Stoltz Bow Roller, possibly new radial tires for trailer if you use it often, boat buckles for trailer, porta potti, grill.... that's probably it.
All the best and congrats

bleudyno

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I saw some posts about the bow filler pad for a 2018 model but I'm not sure if they will fit since mine is a 2020 model.

Maccam26

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I saw some posts about the bow filler pad for a 2018 model but I'm not sure if they will fit since mine is a 2020 model.
They won't the 2019+ are 2 piece and our bow is wider.

bleudyno

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Question on direct speaker replacements - I've seen that the Polk Audio DB651 ore DB652's are a decent solution. Are these just direct plug and play? Will I need to add anything additional for them to work?

fvcoachv

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome aboard and also right near you! These do a lot better on the lakes and rivers of AZ for us CA boaters.

The polks are just simple swipe outs. The DB651S is what I think you are looking for. I have the exact boat and you can check out some of things I have done in regards to a few of the questions you mentioned.

Remington

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congrats on the new boat!! i have the same one, about 4 weeks of use on it now, its loads of fun, im in TX and have only used on lakes. I copy most of @fvcoachv mods to the T lol, i havent upgraded my speakers yet but they need to be, they sound great while at rest but with WOT you cant hear any music at all, at least in the captains seat. i have the optional seadek kit that came in the mail today and will be installing tonight, for the cockpit and swim platform im waiting for group buy as well. I think you can place your order now in a special way and they will give you the discount when the time comes.

bleudyno

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome aboard and also right near you! These do a lot better on the lakes and rivers of AZ for us CA boaters.

The polks are just simple swipe outs. The DB651S is what I think you are looking for. I have the exact boat and you can check out some of things I have done in regards to a few of the questions you mentioned.
The DB651S seems to be a discontinued model. Any idea what would be the current one?

bleudyno

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yea, I ended up finding it but a different seller on Amazon had it for $59.68 - which I bought but could only get 1 set because thats all they had. Looking for another set for similar price but if not, I'll end up having to pay $20 more. Man, this new boat hobby is turning out to be a money pit and I still have a lot of stuff that I want to get!

marcham

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Thanks for the reply!

1. The filler pad I was referring to is something like this:
View attachment 122933
5. No plans to do anyt wakeboarding or surfing yet as the coast ocean waters are not ideal for the activity. I can barely drive out there when the water gets choppy.
The 2019-2020 AR195 comes with 2 cushions in that spot. If they don't with the AR190, then you could probably order them from Yamaha or get something custom made. To be honest, it would probably be cheaper to get a sheet of starboard and get 2 cushions made. We don't use our much, as we use the bow to get in and out of the boat at the dock.

Last edited:

bleudyno

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The 2019-2020 AR195 comes with 2 cushions in that spot. If they don't with the AR190, they you could probably order them from Yamaha or get something custom made. To be honest, it would probably be cheaper to get a sheet of starboard and get 2 cushions made. We don't use our much, as we use the bow to get in and out of the boat at the dock.
Care to sell yours to me?? haha

fvcoachv

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes I am looking for the magic unicorn of bow seats myself. I can't in good faith pay the dealer price for them. If someone knew how to make them on the forum he would have a great side biz. As for now, I just put my RTIC cooler in that space. It has the Seadek top so people like to lean on it when we float.boat 6'.jpgFCBDA57A-56B5-4246-91AA-0EC34878686C.jpeg

fvcoachv

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So finally got my boat bag and coolers locked down. My OCD is at peace in this area and have been happy with the combo. I have:

An AO Stow-n-go 30 can cooler
RTIC 20 cooler with Seadek cover
Yeti Camino Carry All- great all purpose water resistant bag
Yeti Loadout Bucket with Seadek lid, cooler liner, and other accessories

299E3611-FB5C-4C76-BAE5-15AB4B881125.jpeg15E2568C-9323-43A2-93BF-526A05A2266E.jpeg0461A84D-FA02-488F-B6CC-C6B0BD69C2BC.jpeg

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Yea, I ended up finding it but a different seller on Amazon had it for $59.68 - which I bought but could only get 1 set because thats all they had. Looking for another set for similar price but if not, I'll end up having to pay $20 more. Man, this new boat hobby is turning out to be a money pit and I still have a lot of stuff that I want to get!
Just wait it gets funner! I'm about $1800 spent so far with my window tint included and my tower speakers which are en route. Had my boat a little over 40 days...lol. But I have done a lot and have made out really well.
So far I have done/bought
65" VeVe guides with beyond the wake guidepads
Stoltz bow roller
Boat buckles
Fizzle Blow of Valve
Oil catch can
K&N filter
Kicker tower speakers
Got an MTX amp and 2 spare tires/rims from a co-worker for 2 bottles of Jack and 2 bottles of Tequila as trade😂😂😂
Window Tint scheduled
So for the price I think I've made off like a bandit.

Happy Moding to you!!!

bleudyno

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What size Stoltz bow roller did you get?

My money spent is getting higher and higher as the days go on! This is getting ridiculous!

cpthook

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This one, perfect fit
I ordered this one for my 2020 AR190 Black also.... 3.5in, I hope you are right :) I see some say they are using 4in also.