• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Old member

leeatmg

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Welcome! Haven't seen that screen name around in a while...!

Lspeedss

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Good to see ya again.

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Back from Orlando and Gulf Shores. Thinking about getting the boat ready in a couple of weeks.

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yay I was hoping you'd find it. I'd still like to get your waypoints file for Lake Ray Hubbard.
I haven't even been in the boat since the fall. I'll be getting it ready in a couple weeks. I may need your help in getting it out. I think you PMd on the old site with how to do it but I'll let you know when I get out there. Can you output routes? I know have many clear run routes, although with the lake down so much I don't know if the data is useful now. I don't trust anything any more.

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I haven't even been in the boat since the fall. I'll be getting it ready in a couple weeks. I may need your help in getting it out. I think you PMd on the old site with how to do it but I'll let you know when I get out there. Can you output routes? I know have many clear run routes, although with the lake down so much I don't know if the data is useful now. I don't trust anything any more.
Off the top of my head I don't know the exact process. However, I know you can save waypoints on the microSD card. My guess is they are stored in a specific file or folder which we could copy and email. I don't really need the routes, for the reasons you mentioned. Previously good routes may not be reliable at the current water level. However, KNOWN obstacles (stored as waypoints) would be handy at any water level.

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
:Welcome: Glad to see you here!

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Hey Scokill !

+    WELCOME ABOARD 4 - CartoonWelcometogroup.gif

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@scokill I took a look at my Lowrance Elite-5 and here are the steps:
1. From main screen, press MENU
2. down-arrow to WAYPOINTS, ROUTES... press ENTER
3. select WAYPOINTS (it should be the default) and press MENU
4. select SAVE TO CARD... and press ENTER (you must have a microSD card installed at this point)
5. default filename is DATA. select SAVE and press ENTER.
6. remove microSD card and insert in computer.
7. copy the file DATA.USR and email to me.

With that, I should be able to copy to my card and then load it in to my Lowrance.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Have you guys tried the Navoinics web app? It seems to have very detailed depth mapping for Lake Ray Hubbard http://www.navionics.com/en/webapp

If the maps there are better than what you have then you can buy Hot Maps for ~$180 or Updates for $99 if you already have a Navoinics chip to update.

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well @Bruce, depth charts are not really the problem (although I wish these things would allow us to enter offsets of current pool level vs normal pool level). We are talking mostly about uncharted hazards like submerged tree stumps.

But I do like the look of that Navionics webapp and here is where I plead ignorance :shamefullyembarrased:

My Lowrance Elite-5 DSI supposedly came with Navionics charts, or it seems to support them (there is a menu option for me to choose Lowrance or Navionics charts). However, I have no idea how to update them. Currently, when I select "Navionics charts" on my Lowrance, it has decent charting info, but not nearly as nice as the charting on the link you provided.

Last edited:

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Have you guys tried the Navoinics web app? It seems to have very detailed depth mapping for Lake Ray Hubbard http://www.navionics.com/en/webapp

If the maps there are better than what you have then you can buy Hot Maps for ~$180 or Updates for $99 if you already have a Navoinics chip to update.
Depth mapping doesn't help where there is no water!;) It's at a historic low and it is a stump and hazard minefield.

2-3 years ago I hit a stump and it was around $7K damage. The lake is worse now.

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That's why I wanna know where that stump is!

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That's why I wanna know where that stump is!
You could hang your clothes on that stump now...heck you could climb up it. I thought it was concrete when we hit it and then as the water went down later we could see it.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Depth mapping doesn't help where there is no water!;) It's at a historic low and it is a stump and hazard minefield.

2-3 years ago I hit a stump and it was around $7K damage. The lake is worse now.

OUCH!!!