• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New owner of 2019 AR 195

Houston

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
hello! My family and I just took delivery last Saturday of a 2019 AR 195. We loved the boat on the test drive but fortunately havent been able to take it out yet on our own as all of our lakes are closed due to flooding. I did have a question, after getting the boat home and going over it with a fine tooth comb, we noticed a few nicks and chips in the fiberglass (really just 2), and a scuff or 2 which I can get off. I have emailed pics of them to the dealer so there is documentation of it but I wanted to ask you all, is this normal with Yamaha or new boats in general? I’ve only purchased used before so a few nicks and scratches were expected. I haven’t heard back from the dealer but was hoping they’d be willing to fix at my 10 hour service since they are over an hour away from me. Also, the shore lander trailer has a bit of rust inside the folding tongue. I dont really expect this with a new boat. Thanks guys!!

Michal

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Congratulations on the boat. I would take it back to the dealership asap. Would not wait. I had an issue with stitching on the captain chair. Emailed picks to the dealership and picked up the replacement a few days later.

Crlos16

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Welcome aboard, and congrats on the new boat!

I would also take it back to the dealer as soon as possible and get these little issues addressed, before boating season starts.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome!
What they said - see what the dealer can do for you. It will tell you a lot about them and may help in the future if anything more serious should arise.

--