• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New owner questions on 2016 242 Limited S E-series

stever40

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks, @stever40, and congratulations on yours, too!

I was pretty sure I'd like the maple red/black color based on what I saw online. When I saw it for the first time in person (at the Atlanta boat show), I knew right away that it was exactly what I wanted. In person, the maple red is just a little deeper/darker than the typical "fire engine red" that is so popular in sports cars. It wasn't really obvious to me when looking at pictures online, but I noticed it right away in person. It looks very sporty, but to my eye, toning down the brightness of the red a little also makes it look a bit more sophisticated -- it reminds me of BMW's "Imola Red" which I always liked.

A few other boat owners at my marina have already commented that it is a "Georgia" boat - meaning University of Georgia - I didn't even think of this before I bought it (I grew up and went to school in Michigan). This red/black scheme for the 242 Limited S E-series is a lot bolder than other (black) scheme and it does get attention. I think you'll love it!
Thanks David. Really getting anxious for her to arrive!

SCSTWG

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congrats on the new boat. She's a beauty!

David Decker

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I have a question for those 242 owners who may have figured this out already. I'll probably slap my forehead, but here goes.

On the port side, rear of the cabin, under the speaker and near the engine flush fitting, there is a little white plastic disk about the size of a quarter with a bunch of holes in it. It looks like a speaker or microphone grill?
Or is it some kind of vent to relieve pressure? I've pointed to the part in question in the pic below. Anybody know what this is?

whatisthis.jpg

seadude

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Curious about this too - and that similar one on the starboard side near the pee holes?

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I can look in my service manual about that round disk. Not sure if it's on the 2015's. I bought 2 of the short hose flush fittings as they are easier to use. They bend a little more and won't mark up your seats.

spaz1868

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a question for those 242 owners who may have figured this out already. I'll probably slap my forehead, but here goes.

On the port side, rear of the cabin, under the speaker and near the engine flush fitting, there is a little white plastic disk about the size of a quarter with a bunch of holes in it. It looks like a speaker or microphone grill?
Or is it some kind of vent to relieve pressure? I've pointed to the part in question in the pic below. Anybody know what this is?

View attachment 33336
I believe that is just a vent because the fuel hose comes in on the port side of the boat.

I will be looking out for you on Lake Lanier this summer...very nice looking boat!

RoughRider

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I was told today by dealer that the disk and the white port by starboard pee holes and two on swim platform are part of the engine noise reduction. He said Yamaha rep said they brought in a group that does sound deadening on Luxury cars for the 2015+ improvements.

David Decker

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@RoughRider - that is very interesting. I wonder if it is simply a hole to equalize/relieve pressure, or if Yamaha is also experimenting with active noise cancellation. Some cars already use the stereo system, a microphone(s) and a digital signal processor to generate noise-cancelling sounds. I wonder if this could this be an upcoming feature on the 2017 models?

Last edited:

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
It is hard to tell from the pic but I had a small disk with holes in it closer to the cup holder on that side. I thought it was a vent for the batteries, maybe it was for the fuel since its in the same side as the fill line but in any case I replaced it with a 12v outlet to power a pump I use to inflate water toys with. I'm not seeing how the vent I replaced could reduce noise since it was a simple thin perforated disk.

As for the clearance between the flush port and the seat cushions when using the hose adapter can't you just lift the seat cushion when you flush the engines? Not the most elegant solution but a less expensive one and simpler to accomplish than buying an adapter with a short length of hose on it.

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Problem with lifting the seats is that they are hinged so they just flip up to cover the port.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Is it on the horizontal or vertical part?

Could just be a plug covering a hole mistakenly drilled by those Yamaha robots.