• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Plug And Play Style Twin Engine Perfect Pass Installation Video

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hey guys and gals,

We just got finished editing the Twin Engine Perfect Pass installation video and I have to say I was really impressed at how simple the install was. All total this install should take less than 1 hour if you're handy. Maybe 2 hours if you're really taking your time.

Let us know if you have questions.

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Hey guys and gals,

We just got finished editing the Twin Engine Perfect Pass installation video and I have to say I was really impressed at how simple the install was. All total this install should take less than 1 hour if you're handy. Maybe 2 hours if you're really taking your time.

Let us know if you have questions.

How many boats has it been installed on?

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
How many boats has it been installed on?
Not sure. Ours plus a half dozen or so plus Perfect Pass' test boat is my best guess so far. We love ours.

Zech

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How much adjustability is there in the speed settings? Can you make adjustments in 0.1 mph increments? Thanks.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Each press of the button increases by .2 mph. There may be a way to reduce that to .1. Let me check.

Zech

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Each press of the button increases by .2 mph. There may be a way to reduce that to .1. Let me check.
That's good enough for me. All the videos I've seen of the system show it running at 8, 10 or 20mph. I wanted to make sure it was a little more adjustable than even mph. I assumed so but wanted to ask first. Thanks for the quick response.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
You're welcome.

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That looks easy, not near as scary as the servos. Also less to break or wear out.
The servo not that bad of install, however we have had to replace one servo motor over the years and that's to be expected. We are luck our control unit is still working as some have had to replace. I'm not very happy about one thing. A few years ago it took forever to get GPS lock. I contacted perfect pass and they said that a battery in the actual GPS antenna had run down and I would need a new GPS antenna. I believe it cost $250, which is outrageous, but I bought it. Now a few years later it's slowing down again.