• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Hydrophase Ridesteady GPS Speed Control JETBOATERS.NET Member Discount, Feb 2023

Ridesteady

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We’re pleased to announce an extra $100 off (our most ever) for JETBOATERS.NET members on any Ridesteady for Yamaha Speed Control system purchased through February 28, 2023. The discount has already been applied on the order page. Click “Buy Now” here: www.hydrophase.com/yamaha

This offer can be combined with our existing $100 back for install pics / info submission, for a total of $200 back. An email will be sent after your Ridesteady ships with the pictures and information we request. The deadline to submit the pictures / information will be extended to May 1, 2023.

To see pictures other Yamaha Ridesteady owners have submitted, click here: https://www.hydrophase.com/support/...d_cust_video_tid=All&field_cust_quote_tid=All

Note that there is limited stock available for this promotion, so it may end early.

What is “Ridesteady for Yamaha”?

Ridesteady is a speed control system (“cruise control”) that uses GPS satellites or engine RPM to keep your boat at the set speed you choose. On twin engine boats, it will also automatically synchronize your engines. There are many other features as well that can be viewed at www.hydrophase.com/yamaha

Why would I want this?

Yamaha jet boats, despite their many advantages, are difficult to keep at a precise speed. Ridesteady handles this for you automatically. It is particularly nice with water sports, but also beneficial for cruising. It allows the driver to focus on steering the boat safely, rather than fixating on the speedometer. Life is much more relaxing for both the driver and rider.

How difficult is it to install?

Ridesteady for Yamaha works directly with the throttle signal electronically, so no motors are needed to install. Light wiring work is required at the helm (tapping into the ignition switch wiring), as well as some “plug and play” operations on the engine side. A video of an install and the full installation manual can be viewed here: Install Guides & How-To Videos | HYDROPHASE LLC

How easy is it to use?

Ease-of-use was considered from the beginning of the design process. While there are many features, it is designed to work out of the box. The rotary knob makes changing set speed and settings quick and easy.

What Yamaha boats is Ridesteady compatible with?

2006-newer AR210, SX210, SR210

2010-newer AR240, SX240, 242 Limited

2012-newer AR190, SX190, 212SS, 212X

2013-newer AR192, SX192

2017-newer AR195, SX195, 212 Limited, 190FSH

2018-newer 210FSH

2020-newer 212S, 212, 195S

2021-newer AR250, SX250, 252S, 252FSH

2023-newer AR220, SX220, 222S, 222FSH, 220FSH

Do you have user videos?

@swatski has done an amazing job of capturing his first runs with Ridesteady.

https://jetboaters.net/threads/new-...nch-for-twins-ridesteady-by-hydrophase.12590/

Cruising with a 2013 Yamaha 242 Limited:

Surfing with Ridesteady behind a 2019 AR195:

Customer install on a 2014 242 Limited:

Customer install on a 2014 SX190:

Here is a "preview" video from 2017 showing Ridesteady for Yamaha in action on a 2006 SX210:

What is this new "Auto Launch" feature?

Another exclusive Ridesteady feature. More information here: https://www.hydrophase.com/yamaha/autolaunch

https://jetboaters.net/threads/new-auto-launch-feature-now-available-for-ridesteady-owners.40399/

Questions?

Email: info@hydrophase.com

Call: 512-524-8686

Or message @Ridesteady on JETBOATERS.NET

mmiller2197

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I should have held off a few weeks. ;) Either way, I love the product, and it was a super easy install on my 195S. Thanks for such a great product with such easy install directions.

20230129_141940.jpg

Ridesteady

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I should have held off a few weeks. ;) Either way, I love the product, and it was a super easy install on my 195S. Thanks for such a great product with such easy install directions.

View attachment 193702
Thanks so much for the kind words, @mmiller2197 ! Only a few more months before you can put your Ridesteady to good use!

h2oskierfl95

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
We’re pleased to announce an extra $100 off (our most ever) for JETBOATERS.NET members on any Ridesteady for Yamaha Speed Control system purchased through February 28, 2023. The discount has already been applied on the order page. Click “Buy Now” here: www.hydrophase.com/yamaha

This offer can be combined with our existing $100 back for install pics / info submission, for a total of $200 back. An email will be sent after your Ridesteady ships with the pictures and information we request. The deadline to submit the pictures / information will be extended to May 1, 2023.

To see pictures other Yamaha Ridesteady owners have submitted, click here: https://www.hydrophase.com/support/...d_cust_video_tid=All&field_cust_quote_tid=All

Note that there is limited stock available for this promotion, so it may end early.

What is “Ridesteady for Yamaha”?

Ridesteady is a speed control system (“cruise control”) that uses GPS satellites or engine RPM to keep your boat at the set speed you choose. On twin engine boats, it will also automatically synchronize your engines. There are many other features as well that can be viewed at www.hydrophase.com/yamaha

Why would I want this?

Yamaha jet boats, despite their many advantages, are difficult to keep at a precise speed. Ridesteady handles this for you automatically. It is particularly nice with water sports, but also beneficial for cruising. It allows the driver to focus on steering the boat safely, rather than fixating on the speedometer. Life is much more relaxing for both the driver and rider.

How difficult is it to install?

Ridesteady for Yamaha works directly with the throttle signal electronically, so no motors are needed to install. Light wiring work is required at the helm (tapping into the ignition switch wiring), as well as some “plug and play” operations on the engine side. A video of an install and the full installation manual can be viewed here: Install Guides & How-To Videos | HYDROPHASE LLC

How easy is it to use?

Ease-of-use was considered from the beginning of the design process. While there are many features, it is designed to work out of the box. The rotary knob makes changing set speed and settings quick and easy.

What Yamaha boats is Ridesteady compatible with?

2006-newer AR210, SX210, SR210

2010-newer AR240, SX240, 242 Limited

2012-newer AR190, SX190, 212SS, 212X

2013-newer AR192, SX192

2017-newer AR195, SX195, 212 Limited, 190FSH

2018-newer 210FSH

2020-newer 212S, 212, 195S

2021-newer AR250, SX250, 252S, 252FSH

2023-newer AR220, SX220, 222S, 222FSH, 220FSH

Do you have user videos?

@swatski has done an amazing job of capturing his first runs with Ridesteady.

https://jetboaters.net/threads/new-...nch-for-twins-ridesteady-by-hydrophase.12590/

Cruising with a 2013 Yamaha 242 Limited:

Surfing with Ridesteady behind a 2019 AR195:

Customer install on a 2014 242 Limited:

Customer install on a 2014 SX190:

Here is a "preview" video from 2017 showing Ridesteady for Yamaha in action on a 2006 SX210:

What is this new "Auto Launch" feature?

Another exclusive Ridesteady feature. More information here: https://www.hydrophase.com/yamaha/autolaunch

https://jetboaters.net/threads/new-auto-launch-feature-now-available-for-ridesteady-owners.40399/

Questions?

Email: info@hydrophase.com

Call: 512-524-8686

Or message @Ridesteady on JETBOATERS.NET

The system does not work on E series, correct?

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I bought in the group purchase last year. Easily one of the best mods for our little AR190 that we've done.

My only advice to those purchasing.......Be sure to install and take pictures before the deadline. I bought while the boat was in storage, life got in the way and I didn't install until after Memorial Day. I missed the window to submit pictures by just a few weeks, so I missed that part of my discount. Cost me $100, and it's nobody's fault but my own.

Otherwise, the system works just as described, and is a pleasure to use. I'll be sending mine back for the launch control upgrade as soon as it comes out of storage (April 1st).

Ridesteady

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I bought in the group purchase last year. Easily one of the best mods for our little AR190 that we've done.

My only advice to those purchasing.......Be sure to install and take pictures before the deadline. I bought while the boat was in storage, life got in the way and I didn't install until after Memorial Day. I missed the window to submit pictures by just a few weeks, so I missed that part of my discount. Cost me $100, and it's nobody's fault but my own.

Otherwise, the system works just as described, and is a pleasure to use. I'll be sending mine back for the launch control upgrade as soon as it comes out of storage (April 1st).
Thanks much, @2kwik4u ! I'm pleased to hear your Ridesteady is working well with your AR190, and look forward to upgrading your system!

The Canuck

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ohhh this is tempting. Not sure if I can convince the Captain of purchasing this when I just spend a bunch on upgrading the stereo. Hmmm... If not this year, definitely will get put into the budget for next year.

@2kwik4u - if you get down by me this year, let me know. Would love to check the system out first hand.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ohhh this is tempting. Not sure if I can convince the Captain of purchasing this when I just spend a bunch on upgrading the stereo. Hmmm... If not this year, definitely will get put into the budget for next year.

@2kwik4u - if you get down by me this year, let me know. Would love to check the system out first hand.
Where are you again? I'm just in Georgetown, IN, work over near the airport. I'm often on Patoka, Taylorsville, and Rough.

JBehrens

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Theres a launch control upgrade???!!! How have I missed this?

For anyone on the fence, this is one of the best upgrades I have made to the boat, I use it every time we go out and it made teaching/trusting my friends to drive while I wakeboard a lot easier.

Ridesteady

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Theres a launch control upgrade???!!! How have I missed this?

For anyone on the fence, this is one of the best upgrades I have made to the boat, I use it every time we go out and it made teaching/trusting my friends to drive while I wakeboard a lot easier.
Thanks so much for your kind words, @JBehrens ! That is indeed the goal - to make everyone's time on the water more enjoyable and less stressful! :)

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

OB WI

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
Can someone tell me what makes this better than the other brand for 400.00 more with the external display? And the new autolaunch is additional? What features am I gaining or missing. Torn between the cost of the two. Thanks!

Ridesteady

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks for the question, @OB WI

There are many capabilities, features, and performance exclusive to Ridesteady versus competitor. Here is a table of some of them. I’d be happy to answer any questions in more detail if you’d like.

https://www.hydrophase.com/compare/hydrophase-ridesteady-yamaha-jet-boat-vs-perfectpass-stargazer-differences

For a perspective from a jetboaters.net member who has owned and used both, you can look here: https://jetboaters.net/threads/hydrophase-ridesteady-review-and-comparison-to-perfect-pass.32968/

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Finally pulled the trigger on a unit with auto launch after a couple years of dreaming! Thanks for the discount offers @Ridesteady

I can't wait to get it installed and stop messing with out-of-sync engines, creeping throttles, and new drivers trying to rip my arms off.

Ridesteady

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Finally pulled the trigger on a unit with auto launch after a couple years of dreaming! Thanks for the discount offers @Ridesteady

I can't wait to get it installed and stop messing with out-of-sync engines, creeping throttles, and new drivers trying to rip my arms off.
Thanks so much, @AZMark !

Haha, sounds like Ridesteady is more of a need than a want in your situation. We really appreciate your business! :)