• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Ride Plates

BoaterGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Did anyone notice the new vented ride plates on the new boats? Wonder what they do?

Capture.PNG

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Better heat transfer for the closed looped super turbo semi-conductors that power the transducer. . . . . o_O

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I did notice that. I was kind of wondering the same thing. The only think that I can think of is less weight, less cost. I can't see it helping hydrodynamics.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I don't think it's vented. I think those are just areas they remove to save weight while maintaining structural support.

Anyone have a pic of the underside to confirm?

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
You would think this would cause drag I recall reports from people on the early 24 foot models having issues with the boats pulling to one side or another due to the ride plates not being flush with the hull and causing drag . And why make the cutouts go against the direction of the hull, if there was some need to reduce weight or allow water to get to the pump one would think having the cutouts parallel to the center keel would be a better idea.????????

Ancient canoe

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would guess they aren't actually holes but just appear to be from the topside. Agree with CobraJet that holes would have to cause drag that would offset (and some) any weight reduction gains. How much weight would holes be cutting anyways?

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Ok that makes sense, so it can't be right , just kidding
Perhaps it cuts down on production costs like changing over to the plastic reverse hoods, Having the braces would make it strong and reduce the material needed to produce the part cutting the cost. It's a theory anyway but quite possibly the reason.

Ancient canoe

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
They actually look more like ridges than holes. Maybe it's a thinner sheet of metal and reinforced with those ridges.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Exactly. Those are not vented just stronger than if they were solid.

scot71

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I assume these are cast aluminum parts and were made this way to use less material yet still retain the strength of a solid part. Like @Cobra Jet Steering LLC said.

Cray16

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I can confirm. Just went over every inch of a
2017 AR240. Not vented just ridges