• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

new scarab buyer

Hcvero15

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Sooo, I really wanted to buy a scarab jet boat. But after reading all of the issues I'm reconsidering. Do the new scarabs have all these issues or are they being improved? Thanks for any info that can be provided.

Blair Fleming

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I have a 2015 195 with 60+ hrs that's performing perfectly. For as many boats out there with challenges there are just as many or more that are great. And consider, Group Beneteau, has a long nautical history with brands second to none.

ALAN MANN SR.

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I have a 2015 Scarab 165 HO 151 hrs. and is running great. Maintenance and checking things over every now and then is key. You hear from more people with problems, than ones without. Love my boat.

Anthony909

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Same here. We have a 2015 195 we bought in 2016. In the two usable seasons we have had it, we have put almost 80 hours on the engine and probably 5-6 times that just anchored in the lake enjoying it. We probably trailer it 2-3 times a week to the local state park so it definitely gets used and a little abused.

The only real complaints I have is that the windshield got a little misaligned and one of the post anchors for the bimini gets loose. The dealer just fixed the windshield with no cost to me and the post support can easily fixed with a little epoxy. I think the support I have received from Delaware Marine has made a huge difference for us. Even though Scarab probably isn’t their most sold/serviced brand, they made it a point to learn all the nuances of using and servicing our boat.

If you have any other questions, jusk ask! They are helpful here in this site.

Slugger55

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Stay away from the '14's . @Blair Fleming is correct, Group Beneteau took over and the line has improved.

Hcvero15

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Great feedback. Yeah I'm interested in 2017 2018ish 215 model. Bouncing back and forth from scarab to the chapparal jet models.

tewilx

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 Open ID
Boat Length
Bought a 2019 255 WAK3.
I have had many quality issues with this boat.
Reverse clip fell off the boat (and many more issues) and the boat was in the shop and unusable for 4 weeks out of the 1st 6 weeks after purchase. The clip falling off caused the throttle cable to kink and burnt up the reverse module. Scarab manufacture rep. was barely responsive and ultimately offered a free toilet for compensation of the lost family vacation. I declined the offer and insisted that it was worth more and I would rather inform the public of the poor quality build Scarab is providing the customer. The Local dealer I purchased my boat has dropped Scarab line for the "LACK" of QUALITY. Mine was the last Scarab they sold. I would never purchase another scarab. I will most likely trade mine for a better quality yet this year.
Other issues we have had with the boat:
1. Screws through the hull are secured with silicone not molded in the fiberglass, so if you need to take off the impeller grate guards the nuts will fall off the interior of the hull.
2. When manufactured they leave fiberglass shavings from drilling and zip ties in the hull and in the engine compartment. Fiberglass shavings falling out of the dashboard for weeks and out of the drain plug.
3. Wake surfing wedges are a cheap answer and tuning the wake for surfing is not as easy as it looks in the review videos on youtube. Still havent fully got this fine-tuned.
4. Windshield door fell inside the frame from improper installation.
5. Cooler location and access is poor and not useable as you would expect in such a high dollar purchase.
6. Trailer is rusting already.
7. Plastic covers on throttle cover is shit poor quality. Cover on the passanger side is the same crap.
8. Limited storage (glove box)
9. Floor ski storage doors need silencers.
10. I have to purchase the MAP somewhere online for the GPS to work properly??? Maps suck!!!

If you are looking for a wake boat or any boat Scarab or the other Rec Boat Holding brands (Four Winns , Glastron , and Wellcraft) is not something I would consider again.

Rtimleck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I completely agree with you. After owning one for almost five years I would be hard pressed to recommend any Rec Boat Holdings brands. The quality and construction is sub par at best.

JusFlyinBy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'm happy with mine if it helps. 2014 215HO, 4th season, just shy of 80 hours. A lot of things do like to vibrate loose, and I'm sure that leads to angry people and posts, but I get it. I spent a lot of time going around, tightening things up and adding thread locker first season and regularly check up on them each new season. I haven't had any major issues. I do now have this 'phantom' check engine code though, that seems to go away right after it lights up. I posted about it here, not sure what that's all about.

IMHO, the Scarab forum seems to be less social, more... 'help me fix my problem' and I'm just as guilty. Nothing wrong with that at all fellow members! Just saying that's going to leave a forum that's heavier on the complaints and drowns out the good, if any. Though you will see a couple threads in here from happy owners if you dig for it!

None of it has persuaded me from looking to trade up to a 255. Maybe I just like taking risks, haha.