• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New SeaDek, New Stoltz Roller, Swim Platform Umbrella, Torn Sunroof, Engine Fault... oh my!

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Spent the day after the Raleigh Fall Lakes meet up working on some boat stuff....

Ordered some new SeaDek pieces from JBP to fill in some places that aren't on the standard boat. Was easy to install and I was really happy with how well it matched. Call me crazy, but I was worried about it matching up.
IMG_9988.jpg IMG_9989.jpg IMG_9990.jpg

Installed a new Stoltz Bow Roller. Bought it from Sturdy Built based on a post from someone else on here. The original that came on the trailer is a really hard plastic and definitely scratches up the bow area. I don't think this new one fits that great though....
IMG_0007.jpg IMG_0008.jpg IMG_0009.jpg

Bought a new table stanchion since I want to have an umbrella on the stern for more shade. Took a noodle and stuffed it into the opening to make the umbrella pole fit snug in there. I did slice a thin section out of the length of the noodle and it made a nice pocket for the umbrella pole to fit.
IMG_0005.jpg

I might be the first to say, I hate the "sunroof" on the 2018 bimini top. The sunroof was zippers on the sides and rear to allow you to open it. My 1st or 2nd time out, somehow, the zipper fell off of the rear. There's velcro there but no zipper. I was at my dealer a couple weeks ago and they said they had no to fix it. They said to wait until the season is done, bring the bimini down to them and they will send it out to an upholstery company to fix it. Keep in mind, all I needed was the actual zipper pull that you grab and slide. Nothing more...... So, as I drove to the lake on Saturday, I noticed the sunroof flapping in the wind. Pulled off the highway and found that there was a nice tear now. I'll be expecting a new bimini now... can't wait for that discussion with my dealer.IMG_9998.jpg

After leaving the meet up on Saturday, I got some engine communication alarm for the starboard engine. Wish I took a picture of it, but I didn't. I was able to silence the alarm but a red ! was lit up on the bottom of the display. The alarm popped up 1 more time about 10 minutes later. I put it on the trailer before it happened again. So at home on Sunday, I checked the screen for anything about the alarm and found this:
IMG_0001.jpg

I reset the alarm, started the starboard engine for at least 20+ minutes and no alarms. I'm going to assume everything is OK... but not sure. Anyone have experience with a communication fault?
IMG_0002.jpg

Last thing, no pictures..... the fader/balance control is all screwed up. I was playing around with it and noticed that fading to the left turned off the left speakers. Right turned of the right speakers. Fade to front and every speaker stayed on. Fade to back and it turned the volume off. Put fader back in the middle and nothing. Turn up the volume again, fade back and volume goes off. My tower speakers aren't right either. Gotta get dealer to look into this.... not that I plan on using this much, but after having a 2 year old on the boat on Saturday, I thought about fading speakers to the back if I have a kid trying to nap. Dunno....

Sorry for such a long post, but figured I'd put a bunch of crap in 1 post instead of a bunch of separate posts.

Whisky

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
On the engine communication alarm, I find I occasionally get an engine comm error from the not started engine when I’m getting everything up and going (1st engine runs fine, second throws error). So far it goes away when I start it though.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks like the new Connext shows fuel level in float mode!

--

Whisky

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Looks like the new Connext shows fuel level in float mode!

--

Oooh, didn’t notice that! I can’t count the number of times I’ve glanced down in float mode and had a quick heart attack before remembering fuel changes to volume. :p

Jameson Clark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
On the engine communication alarm, I find I occasionally get an engine comm error from the not started engine when I’m getting everything up and going (1st engine runs fine, second throws error). So far it goes away when I start it though.
Same here!

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Strange.... I was doing 45mph with both engines humming along..... there was no change in how everything ran.

Joshua Miller

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252XE
Boat Length
Spent the day after the Raleigh Fall Lakes meet up working on some boat stuff....

Ordered some new SeaDek pieces from JBP to fill in some places that aren't on the standard boat. Was easy to install and I was really happy with how well it matched. Call me crazy, but I was worried about it matching up.
View attachment 82382 View attachment 82383 View attachment 82384

Installed a new Stoltz Bow Roller. Bought it from Sturdy Built based on a post from someone else on here. The original that came on the trailer is a really hard plastic and definitely scratches up the bow area. I don't think this new one fits that great though....
View attachment 82375 View attachment 82376 View attachment 82377

Bought a new table stanchion since I want to have an umbrella on the stern for more shade. Took a noodle and stuffed it into the opening to make the umbrella pole fit snug in there. I did slice a thin section out of the length of the noodle and it made a nice pocket for the umbrella pole to fit.
View attachment 82378

I might be the first to say, I hate the "sunroof" on the 2018 bimini top. The sunroof was zippers on the sides and rear to allow you to open it. My 1st or 2nd time out, somehow, the zipper fell off of the rear. There's velcro there but no zipper. I was at my dealer a couple weeks ago and they said they had no to fix it. They said to wait until the season is done, bring the bimini down to them and they will send it out to an upholstery company to fix it. Keep in mind, all I needed was the actual zipper pull that you grab and slide. Nothing more...... So, as I drove to the lake on Saturday, I noticed the sunroof flapping in the wind. Pulled off the highway and found that there was a nice tear now. I'll be expecting a new bimini now... can't wait for that discussion with my dealer.View attachment 82379

After leaving the meet up on Saturday, I got some engine communication alarm for the starboard engine. Wish I took a picture of it, but I didn't. I was able to silence the alarm but a red ! was lit up on the bottom of the display. The alarm popped up 1 more time about 10 minutes later. I put it on the trailer before it happened again. So at home on Sunday, I checked the screen for anything about the alarm and found this:
View attachment 82380

I reset the alarm, started the starboard engine for at least 20+ minutes and no alarms. I'm going to assume everything is OK... but not sure. Anyone have experience with a communication fault?
View attachment 82381

Last thing, no pictures..... the fader/balance control is all screwed up. I was playing around with it and noticed that fading to the left turned off the left speakers. Right turned of the right speakers. Fade to front and every speaker stayed on. Fade to back and it turned the volume off. Put fader back in the middle and nothing. Turn up the volume again, fade back and volume goes off. My tower speakers aren't right either. Gotta get dealer to look into this.... not that I plan on using this much, but after having a 2 year old on the boat on Saturday, I thought about fading speakers to the back if I have a kid trying to nap. Dunno....

Sorry for such a long post, but figured I'd put a bunch of crap in 1 post instead of a bunch of separate posts.
Is the roller the same size as the stock? From the picture it looks like it fits just fine.

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Is the roller the same size as the stock? From the picture it looks like it fits just fine.
It fits fine, but if you look at the picture, only the ends of the rollers are touching the boat. I thought it would of fit the contour on the bow a bit better. Not that worried about it though

tek4fun

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
For your fader issue, I would check on the fusion head unit to make sure that zone 2 is not linked to zone 1. Usually, this is how you get that behavior. I can give step by step instructions on how to do this check, if you need/want it. The balance would need to be fixed by rewiring the output connector at the fusion head unit. I do not recommend any consumer to attempt this correction. These terminals and connectors are very easily damaged.

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
For your fader issue, I would check on the fusion head unit to make sure that zone 2 is not linked to zone 1. Usually, this is how you get that behavior. I can give step by step instructions on how to do this check, if you need/want it. The balance would need to be fixed by rewiring the output connector at the fusion head unit. I do not recommend any consumer to attempt this correction. These terminals and connectors are very easily damaged.
Hey, thanks for the tip. I'll try and check that on Labor day while i'm out on the lake.

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Forgot to check the faders..... but did finally get the name and registration numbers on my boat Monday morning before hitting the lake. Like many others, I used DIYlettering.com and am super happy with the results. Only took 4 days to get them delivered to my house.
boat 5.jpg boat 3.jpg

jjmparsons

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

View attachment 82382View attachment 82383View attachment 82384

View attachment 82375View attachment 82376View attachment 82377

View attachment 82378

I might be the first to say, I hate the "sunroof" on the 2018 bimini top. The sunroof was zippers on the sides and rear to allow you to open it. My 1st or 2nd time out, somehow, the zipper fell off of the rear. There's velcro there but no zipper. I was at my dealer a couple weeks ago and they said they had no to fix it. They said to wait until the season is done, bring the bimini down to them and they will send it out to an upholstery company to fix it. Keep in mind, all I needed was the actual zipper pull that you grab and slide. Nothing more...... So, as I drove to the lake on Saturday, I noticed the sunroof flapping in the wind. Pulled off the highway and found that there was a nice tear now. I'll be expecting a new bimini now... can't wait for that discussion with my dealer.View attachment 82379

View attachment 82380

View attachment 82381

How did you feel about your umbrella install? One thing I dislike or wish to improve is the availability of shade on the boat. I was thinking the exact same type of add on, only bigger, and utilizing the table leg and stanchion for a mount.

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
How did you feel about your umbrella install? One thing I dislike or wish to improve is the availability of shade on the boat. I was thinking the exact same type of add on, only bigger, and utilizing the table leg and stanchion for a mount.
Worked great and still use it. It's sturdy and wind is no problem. Actually, was out on the NC coast with @vanmurray and he was grilling on the back of his boat in the sun. I took the stanchion and umbrella off my boat and put it on his so he had some shade while cooking. It was the least I could do for the chef!

Only thing I might do is look for a larger umbrella. The one in the pic is an old one I had in the garage not being used....

jjmparsons

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Shookie Well Sir, here is what I did....

I found this Umbrella on at AMAZON for $47.99 and thought I would give it a shot. Low and behold it came in yesterday. I was curious as to how I might make this work and I came across your idea and image of using the table leg!!!! You Sir, saved the day and to be quite honest, the pole on the umbrella fits into the Table leg perfectly. Its a nice snug fit but allows me to rotate it and pull it in and out as necessary with no additional stuffing needed. The height is a bit much and I may actually consider cutting the lower tube a bit shorter to bring the umbrella down some. Id like to also look at possibly finding a better way or an additional method to also provide a bit more stability to the stanchion itself. I'm fearful a high wind or possibly a wake could provide just enough leverage up top to cause some damage down below. Lever effect I guess you could say. The umbrealla stands at 7ft itself and the top is actually a 9' spread so I think it will provide a sufficient amount of shade when needed. The bottom leg also unscrews and I did a test fit and the assembly fits in the ski locker with no issue. Considering looking at getting a large section of PVC with end caps to stuff the umbrella and leg into. Drill holes to add a strap for carrying and call it a day!

Amazon.com : SONGMICS 9 ft Patio Umbrella, Outdoor Table Umbrella, Sun Shade, Octagonal Polyester Canopy, with Push Button Tilt and Crank Mechanism - for Gardens, Balcony and Terrace (Beige) UGPU09BEV1 : Garden & Outdoor

Attachments

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Nice! I actually considered using a larger patio/deck type umbrella. Gets to be a little larger and heavier to handle so I didn't bother. The one that I have is also height adjustable so that's a benefit. Here's a better picture
boat 2.jpg

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
twinsies on the boat! I started with the those same stern mats and now I have purchased all the other "optional" mats. They are the bomb!

jjmparsons

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Nice! I actually considered using a larger patio/deck type umbrella. Gets to be a little larger and heavier to handle so I didn't bother. The one that I have is also height adjustable so that's a benefit. Here's a better picture
View attachment 98668
I like it Sir!!! Looks like it provides some good sized shade too!!!!

vanmurray

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Worked great and still use it. It's sturdy and wind is no problem. Actually, was out on the NC coast with @vanmurray and he was grilling on the back of his boat in the sun. I took the stanchion and umbrella off my boat and put it on his so he had some shade while cooking. It was the least I could do for the chef!

Only thing I might do is look for a larger umbrella. The one in the pic is an old one I had in the garage not being used....
I can attest the shade was perfect!

Pool noodle in the table post is engineering genius! (I almost said that differently but was concerned this thread might turn dirty — I’m afraid it still might)