• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

New speaker suggestions!!! Would like your opinion

lddv1224

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hello everyone, I looking to upgrade my stereo receiver and speakers on my 2013 AR-192. I would prefer to find some speakers that would just drop right in without having to do any modifications. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks

From a value perspective, many like the Polk DB651's. If willing to spend more money, most go with the JL or Wetsound options. All will sound much better when amplified.

Got a model number for the wetsounds?

I have the wet sounds XS-65i-RGB. They drop right in and sound great. The rgb is the optional led version that lights up. I used a generic rgb controller for them and they work great. I hooked them up to a wet sounds HT-6 amp.

I found new db651 for $47/pair at jet.com. Cheaper than everywhere else online.. Never ordered from them before, guess I'll see if they actually coming in. :)

Hello everyone, I looking to upgrade my stereo receiver and speakers on my 2013 AR-192. I would prefer to find some speakers that would just drop right in without having to do any modifications. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks

I have all my brand new 2015 242 LS speakers for sale! You could start there!

I found new db651 for $47/pair at jet.com. Cheaper than everywhere else online.. Never ordered from them before, guess I'll see if they actually coming in. :)

Jet is an old Amazon exec. Very reliable source as I order from them all the time.

JL for sure, I love wet sounds tower speakers though.

JL Audio are great, Wetsounds are great too but they are a tad bit more $. Kicker too make some good stuff. The polk db651's are ok but save yourself some time and spend a few more $'s and go JL or Wetsounds ...just my opinion

I put the JL M7.7 coaxial speakers in my boat and they're unbelievable. Before that I put the JL Mx650's in my dads boat and they're pretty good too.

Love, love our exile speakers both cabin and towers.

We replaced out 4 stick speakers with 4 wet sounds.... with a fusion 750 head unit.. the difference is amazing with just those mods..

@lddv1224 I would imagine you already have the Polk DB651's since you have a 192 right?

I added an 2 amps and a sub, and kept the M502 head unit that came with the 2014's. I'm very happy with how much better the Polks sound with the added power from an amp.

@lddv1224 x2 for Polk DB651's. If you go with 4, will work well with Clarion XC1410 D-Class 4-Channel amp. Tried and true.

Simple.

Budget.....polk db651's. Otherwise, go with JL mx650's or Wet Sounds. The Polks sound great when amplified, but the JL will outlast them by a long shot in the marine environment. I've owned both.

We replaced out 4 stick speakers with 4 wet sounds.... with a fusion 750 head unit.. the difference is amazing with just those mods..
What are the specs on the wet sound speakers (model number)? Also will those fit in the 190's without any cutting? I recall a post about the depth of some speakers causing issues?

I put mine in a 230 so they simply fit right in place of the old speakers... I cant remember what the wattage is... i bought them back in the fall.. u can get anot her model that handles more wattage but I don't remember what it is. I did not get the one with the led cone.. I went with led speaker rings... but they sound good.

Back