• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

NEW STUFF FROM YAMAHA RELEASED

dadofral

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I follow yamaha boating on instagram and they have a few posts out for the new wake booster which is available for all 21 foot models 2017 and newer, also fits all 24 foot models 2015 and newer.....the thing looks sweet for bigger wake but I wish they would make more models of it for older boats as I have a 2015 212X....I'd get one in a second if I could.

Also available on the 2019 wake models is surf pointe...info here:

https://www.yamahaboats.com/surfpointe/

New helm controls, new surf package:

https://www.yamahaboats.com/wake-series/

Trying to find more info on the wake boosterWB.jpg

Ancient canoe

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Surf pointe was on the 2018 X boats as well, so that's kind of old news.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I follow yamaha boating on instagram and they have a few posts out for the new wake booster which is available for all 21 foot models 2017 and newer, also fits all 24 foot models 2015 and newer.....the thing looks sweet for bigger wake but I wish they would make more models of it for older boats as I have a 2015 212X....I'd get one in a second if I could.

Also available on the 2019 wake models is surf pointe...info here:

https://www.yamahaboats.com/surfpointe/

New helm controls, new surf package:

https://www.yamahaboats.com/wake-series/

Trying to find more info on the wake boosterView attachment 81526
Be nice to see it somewhere and copy the basic design for older boats and see what damage we can do!

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
What is this part number? I wanna see what price it is without package and then see if I can get local dealership to get one in stock so I can get hands on it.

Scottie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@JetBoatPilot has been dropping hints about a big new product coming. Now this is TOTAL AMD COMPLETE SPECULATION, but... There's a patent pending on the lateral thrusters, and all of the sudden Yamaha has a very similar product on the new boats, AND @JetBoatPilot was allowed to cover the 2019 launch for the first time ever I believe. So... I'm thinking there was some information exchanged, maybe even collaboration. I'm looking for @JetBoatPilot to release a surf product that would work on the older boats too. Just a hunch though.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@JetBoatPilot has been dropping hints about a big new product coming. Now this is TOTAL AMD COMPLETE SPECULATION, but... There's a patent pending on the lateral thrusters, and all of the sudden Yamaha has a very similar product on the new boats, AND @JetBoatPilot was allowed to cover the 2019 launch for the first time ever I believe. So... I'm thinking there was some information exchanged, maybe even collaboration. I'm looking for @JetBoatPilot to release a surf product that would work on the older boats too. Just a hunch though.
That may be reaching a bit... Yamaha has had the RiDE system in skis forever, the new nozzles seem like an evolutionary design to me. Really distinct from the LTs (which are stationary), divert different.
One can argue which is a better design.

--

B_Mutter

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
NA
OK so the Wakebooster package (booster, surf board, rope) will retail for $999. It cannot be sold separately as we are told. Also your local dealer has to order them with his boat order at the dealer meeting and for this year there will be NO reorders... so once they are out of stock they are out and would have to call around to get you one. I don't believe it is available until Feb 2019 as well. This is all the info I was given from our man on the scene in San Diego.

Ancient canoe

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I guess there is a pretty limited supply of the Wakebooster? If it actually works it's going to be in high demand so you better hope your dealer is smart enough to order enough. Seems like a weird strategy to roll out a product though.

B_Mutter

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
NA
@seanmclean I mean that you just can't buy the booster... you have to buy the package with the surf board and rope as well. So you can buy it for your 2017 to date 21 and your 2015 to date 24' but it's coming with a board and a rope.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
OK so the Wakebooster package (booster, surf board, rope) will retail for $999. It cannot be sold separately as we are told. Also your local dealer has to order them with his boat order at the dealer meeting and for this year there will be NO reorders... so once they are out of stock they are out and would have to call around to get you one. I don't believe it is available until Feb 2019 as well. This is all the info I was given from our man on the scene in San Diego.
The price is not bad, assuming that board alone is easily $500-600 - and may be specifically tweaked/designed around Yamaha (small) wake.

I must say, kind of share @Ancient canoe's sentiment about this being a rather strange way for a new product roll-out...
It does make one wonder if they really believe in it, vs using it as a marketing tool (to hype the new X model wake surfing abilities), sort like the SurfPoint story.

I guess we will find out!
Will we? Can this be ordered from the usual OEM parts suppliers, such as Babbitt's etc.? Or does this package need to be ordered through a Yamaha dealer? Boat show?

--

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Highly doubt that board is specifically shaped for a jet boat wave. The rope is way too long and better ones out there and a good surf rope IS important. Personally I think it's too expensive and they know only way to move those surf boards and ropes provided by the other vendors onboard is to package it with the only item that would be in demand which is the wake deflector.

Make a deflector yourself that see if it works for much less than 1k.

Last edited:

GoVols01

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Kudos to Yamaha for making this wake scoop devise retrofitable. I bought my ‘17 21’ with aspirations of surfing and I’ve been heavily disappointed with the stock results. Not altogether excited about dropping another $1K, but it’s cheaper than selling this boat and buying another one. I’ll likely give it a shot.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Highly doubt that board is specifically shaped for a jet boat wave. The rope is way too long and better ones out there and a good surf rope IS important. Personally I think it's too expensive and they know only way to move those surf boards and ropes provided by the other vendors onboard is to package it with the only item that would be in demand which is the wake deflector.
I disagree! Not gonna lie.
First, a board's size, shape, and fins (number and setup/positioning) is critical for surfing a particular wake. I mean - to an extent of course. I'm positive the board in the WakeBooster package is at least somewhat tailored to the Yamaha wake.

Second, the price is not bad! In fact, at $999 it is surprisingly (almost suspiciously) low! Gatlin wake wedge is ~$900 alone, cusotm bag ($400?), Scarab Surf Stream I think is more like 1.5-2k or so. Chaparral Surf deck extension (whatever they call it - I forgot) is several thousand. All those without a Yamaha Wake Booster package included $500-600 board and a $50-100 rope...

--

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
In fact, at $999 it is surprisingly (almost suspiciously) low!
--
Maybe intentionally so? Keep the price low to get rid of the complaint that these boats aren't surfable without buying lots of additional stuff?

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
People who already have a board don't likely care or need that board.

**update
The board is longer than anything Slingshot currently offer. It looks like a longer version of their Butter Bar https://www.slingshotsports.com/2018-Butter-Bar. Longer and more surface area makes sense as jet boats have a smaller wave than Wake boats. I retract my statement earlier @swatski ;)

Still though If you're going to spend $500-700 on a board you may as well get a one owner Doomswell, Soulcraft or any of the other custom boards IMHO. Buying an aftermarket board will never be on the level of a custom board. IMO most people only care about the deflector so it just kind of sucks it's all bundled in.

The Gantlin wedge is not the same as the Yamaha "chute" so not a fair comparison IMO or at least not yet. Even if we were comparing them, one is proven and is the other is marketing at this point and a heavy dose of selling you other crap you don't really need. No different than than combos of stuff on Overtons where you really only want one item but it's tied to a sale of other junk you don't need or could buy better elsewhere.

I guess I'm just looking at this from a single engine owner who just wants to see if this could clean up the lip of the single wave. From what I understand this is intended for twin engine boats only. Yes the single engines don't really need a Gantlin wedge because our jet wash is central but I've tested with ballast that you can get wash to roll over the wave. We have to drive in a large circle to clean up the wave so I would be curious if the Yamaha chute could help throw the jet wash to the side for single engines as well. I would think it could only help if it actually works which seems to do pretty decently. But I'm not going to spend 1k to test that theory so that's my perspective on it coming from a single engine owner. One could probably DIY for about $30 I guess of course would look as nice or OEM but hey if it's below the surface it's out of sight out of mind lol.

Last edited:

WhirlyBird63

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
In need of WakeBooster