• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Style Lithium Powered Jump Boxes

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just came across this.
https://no.co/gb40
I take my 40 on the boat and I have a 150 on a service truck for my t800 kenworth's they work well. I have not used the 40 on the boat but I did trials on my 3.5 ecoboost and v8 mustang. The 150 works on my kenworth but you not a lot of cranks.

euro_e30

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

jeff_s

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Canuckjetboater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
@Chip F. .....many thanks for the advice and link!!!!! Just found a Noco GB70 on sale! A BEAST - yet very small and portable.....it will definitely allow me to enjoy the boat stereo on a single battery boat (2020 SX195) and be there to get us off the anchor if I drop the batteries below start voltage. Once again the advice on this forum is priceless.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
@Chip F. .....many thanks for the advice and link!!!!! Just found a Noco GB70 on sale! A BEAST - yet very small and portable.....it will definitely allow me to enjoy the boat stereo on a single battery boat (2020 SX195) and be there to get us off the anchor if I drop the batteries below start voltage. Once again the advice on this forum is priceless.
We have a GB40 like in the pic above and it will start a V6 easily, and a V8 slowly. Bought it as a backup unit on sale and keep it in the truck for the winter, and in the boat for the summer. I've used it several times with friends and co-workers to start their vehicles and they all say the same thing - "that tiny thing won't do s#!t!" - and then it does and they go "hmmm". First test was my wife's V6 3.8l engine had a completely flat battery (it was defective) and I had to use the safety over-ride to boost, and it cranked the engine easily. After that I was sold.

It also works great to recharge a cell phone, power a 12v device, etc. Never had to try it on a 4-cyl Yamaha boat engine, but I'm confident it would turn over these 1.8l engines without any effort. Very impressed with them. Just like American Express, I don't leave home without it.
:D

Canuckjetboater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
We have a GB40 like in the pic above and it will start a V6 easily, and a V8 slowly. Bought it as a backup unit on sale and keep it in the truck for the winter, and in the boat for the summer. I've used it several times with friends and co-workers to start their vehicles and they all say the same thing - "that tiny thing won't do s#!t!" - and then it does and they go "hmmm". First test was my wife's V6 3.8l engine had a completely flat battery (it was defective) and I had to use the safety over-ride to boost, and it cranked the engine easily. After that I was sold.

It also works great to recharge a cell phone, power a 12v device, etc. Never had to try it on a 4-cyl Yamaha boat engine, but I'm confident it would turn over these 1.8l engines without any effort. Very impressed with them. Just like American Express, I don't leave home without it.
:D
@212s ....when I got to the store there were no GB70s left. The salesperson said he had a GB40 and thought I'd love it. He made the same comments as you. So I bought the GB40. Bonus it is a lot smaller than the GB70.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
@212s ....when I got to the store there were no GB70s left. The salesperson said he had a GB40 and thought I'd love it. He made the same comments as you. So I bought the GB40. Bonus it is a lot smaller than the GB70.
Yup that's why I chose the 40, it's nice and small, yet has lots of starting power. It'll be on the boat all summer.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I should update this thread, you know since I started it over 3yrs ago :).......

I bought a cheap BeAtt lithium jump pack during Amazon Prime Days last year. It's been used about 5 or 6 times now. Always on someone else's equipment. Buddy's dad's truck wouldn't start one day, couple at the doctor's office that was parked next to me needed a start. Things like that.

Has a light and a USB port to charge phones. Don't use those features so no idea how they work. Pack lives in the truck under the back seat, and gets tossed in the boat at the ramp.

So far so good, and it was rather inexpensive at ~$50 or so.