• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

New to Jet boats- seeking opinions

KenWakes?

Reaction score
Boat Make
Bayliner
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hi all, first, I apologize in advance for my long first post... I'm new to considering a Jet boat purchase, having owned a 18' Bayliner Element OB for the past 5yrs. Looking to get out of the OB and was planning on a wake boat. I wakeboard and would like to wakesurf (not good idea w/an OB). I'm casual can do some tricks, but no pro or even advanced, however I am a young and a fit 56 yo that enjoy sports, water sports in particular, and wants to get all I can while I still can! My boat usage is ~20% wakeboarding, I go each time out, but only for so long, and maybe 50% of the time I'm the only one to board. Thus, makes me consider the wisdom of a wake boat purchase, as it's so sport specific and I'd lose out on cruising the bay (NJ shore, or Chesapeake), really enjoy those trips. I hadn't ever considered a jet boat (due to limitations wakeboarding) but reading here, and watching you tube vids I've learned a lot! I'm settling on the yamaha, no need beyond 19' (avg trip out is 3-4, I've maxed out at 8 per boat limit on the bay once or twice), though I'd consider a 21' if it meets needs. My '19 Ridgeline, pulls 5K#, I hope to be in a Rivian in next yr or two, so will expand capacity, but will watch current tow limits too). A big thanks to that shared file on boat specs, helps narrow my questions. That's the back story...

1. I like the AR over SX, I want a tower, and for 2.5-3K it's reasonable (I added a Monster Tower to my Bayliner, could again it's 1.5K so not a large save & I like this one that was made for the boat). So, within the AR, the 195 has the SVHO engine, 190 a base engine. What is Super Vortex anyway?
  2. The 195 v 195S, what's the difference there? All I can tell is the touchscreen is larger (nice) and maybe a stern audio control? All that for +2.5K?
  3. Moving up to the 210, and bam! 2 engines, and of course +$$ naturally. Based on my usage, some water sports and rest cruising around - not a speed demon, but maybe w/the V hull I'll enjoy the ride better than on my Bayliner's flat M hull design and enjoy some higher speeds, but not a requirement), what's the advantage (beyond 2 more feet)? I hear great things about the engines, wondering if the single engine works harder and that's a point? I'd stay at 210 not 212S due to weight.
  4. Wake sports- All about ballast I know, and I've seen the vids on how to setup the boat, but what's the opinion here on a well setup 190 v 195 v 210 for both boarding and surfing? Is there a reason I'd like one over the other? Or will they be comparable wakes? (for a jet boat, I get it, but not needing big air!)
  5. Options- is either stereo upgrade worth it? No need to pump out tunes or big bass, but would like a nice enough sound system. Or go aftermarket? Surf package, again worth it or better options to go aftermarket- lot out there I've seen. Any other options to consider? (haha w/yamaha, right?!)
That's it for now, I'll have more but will start at least somewhat light... ;) Thanks in advance all, this has been a great forum to read and these platforms offer a great way to share insights and so much more. Cheers

My opinion on this is mainly based on your desired watersports usage. At first I was going to urge you towards a dedicated wakeboat and maybe that's still something for you to consider. The one reason that is swaying my opinion back towards the jetboat is your desire to hit the bays. Although wakeboats may be more capable in those waters than I'm aware...?

As far as a jet boat is concerned I think there is an obvious choice and that is the 212X. It the best equip and watersports capable. Vastly superior wake for surfing due to the hull size and integrated ballast. I think the 19' boat would leave you wanting.

The reality is that in terms of hull displacement the hull of the Yamaha is actually smaller than the advertised length. The effective hull ends short of the swim deck at the jet drives. So surfing a 19' Yamaha is more like surfing a boat with a 17½ft hull. In comparison, the wave size the 21' boat produces more closely resembles or matches that of the 24ft models. I won't disparage the 19ft boats, they're quite capable. They're fine for wakeboarding but, many struggle to surf them successfully due to the modest wake.

The "Wake Series" Yamaha ascribes to its ballast equip models should not be confused with the designation of the term "wakeboat". These are not wake specific. They are not designed with a wake specific hull, they are a lighter weight construction. They are not a push button surf setup. To really create a quality surf wave requires additional ballast to stock.

We are a watersports family and do some of everything behind our AR240. It's been perfect for us. I've equipped it with it with 2,250lb of ballast and a GPS speed control. Both are essential.

Surfing

Wakeboarding

Best of luck!

Last edited:
I like the AR over SX, I want a tower, and for 2.5-3K it's reasonable (I added a Monster Tower to my Bayliner, could again it's 1.5K so not a large save & I like this one that was made for the boat). So, within the AR, the 195 has the SVHO engine, 190 a base engine. What is Super Vortex anyway?
:Welcome:
We like the towers too, very stable and adds the tow point - we'll never have a boat without a tower, period.
The SVHO is the supercharged version of the HO engine, and refers to "power spin" of the supercharger which adds about 70hp. HO is 180hp and SVHO is 250hp, same block and design, but with a supercharger and intercooler to produce more power with premium fuel.
The 195 v 195S, what's the difference there? All I can tell is the touchscreen is larger (nice) and maybe a stern audio control? All that for +2.5K?
We thought that as well, but no the 195s adds lots of little things like Wetsounds speakers (worth it), 7" Connext (worth it), stern audio, dual bucket seats (wife required feature), nicer trim and wheel, beefier tower, less flashy graphics, docking headlights, marine mats (really worth it - will never own a boat with it), etc.
Moving up to the 210, and bam! 2 engines, and of course +$$ naturally. Based on my usage, some water sports and rest cruising around - not a speed demon, but maybe w/the V hull I'll enjoy the ride better than on my Bayliner's flat M hull design and enjoy some higher speeds, but not a requirement), what's the advantage (beyond 2 more feet)? I hear great things about the engines, wondering if the single engine works harder and that's a point? I'd stay at 210 not 212S due to weight.
Twin engines is an eye-opener...wow do these things jump out of the water. The 2xx series does have a 20 degree deadrise over the 19ft 18 degree which is better for chop. The beam is wider and open so it "feels" more than 2ft bigger. The single SVHO engine is a good one, but twins is even better. The SVHO requires premium fuel, the HO doesn't. The 210 and 212 have identical hulls, but the added weight comes from the heavier 1.8L engines over the TR-1 engines for the same base models (4-cyl vs 3-cyl), and the 1.8L has more torque and HP.
Wake sports- All about ballast I know, and I've seen the vids on how to setup the boat, but what's the opinion here on a well setup 190 v 195 v 210 for both boarding and surfing? Is there a reason I'd like one over the other? Or will they be comparable wakes? (for a jet boat, I get it, but not needing big air!)
The 21ft series has much more weight and displacement over the 19ft models, so naturally more wake.
Options- is either stereo upgrade worth it?
You can buy your own upgrade for a lot less. I added a JL Audio amp to the stock speakers, and wow did they really wake up and pump with real power behind them. The stock head units can not pump enough power regardless of their power ratings (cheap IC outputs with low current and high distortion ratings so really expect to get 1/4 the power and volume out of the head unit compared to a real amp - you get what you pay for with amps).

We weighed the various brands and models, and we really liked the 212s for what it had to offer us. Everyone is different though, so your needs might differ.

If storage is not an issue go with the 210 for the wake and the better ride quality.

Having had a 19’ boat and now a wake boat I would steer you away from buying a 19’ for surfing. Can it be done? Yes, but the wake and wave is small and not a lot of push or power. It’s also a chore manually filling bags and tying them off to hard points on the boat so they don’t fall off the swim deck, needs some sort of true speed control like Ridesteady or PP. To me it’s just not worth the squeeze on a 19’ jet boat.

The larger jet boats at least have the ability to use the wake wedge to help shape the wave. The ballast filling process is still a pain so if you don’t want it to be a pita you will want to integrate it as much as possible to mitigate all or as many manual steps as possible. Watersports time should be about fun and not work or chores.

That being said, for the reasons mentioned above and a few others, we ultimately made the switch to a wake boat. We do everything on our wake boat that we did on our jet boat with the exception of taking it to the Gulf of Mexico. I don’t have the balls to take my wake boat to the gulf despite being closed cooled in most of the engine there are still plenty of areas that are raw water cooled. They do make “coastal” versions of wake boats that are fully closed cooled but even then I would not want to clean all that salt and crystallized crap off this kind of boat. No way!

So for that if you truly want to explore the bay more than do watersports then I’d recommend at least a 21’ jet boat and more preferably the 1.8 L powered boats and not the TR1’s.

Thanks for the replies, great information from all here so very much appreciated! I've been told I'm the King of the follow up questions (colleague) so here goes if you don't mind, clearly I'm looking at the 21' plus(?) now:

The one reason that is saying my opinion back towards the jetboat is your desire to hit the bays. Although wakeboats may be more capable in those waters than I'm aware...?
While I was looking at an older wake boat (Moomba LSVs mostly) I wasn't thinking ride quality per se, just no desire to get into salt water w/an inboard, and it appears the jet boats might be simpler than a wake to clean up after salt water rides? OB is easy!
I won't disparage the 19ft boats, they're quite capable. They're fine for wakeboarding but, many struggle to surf them successfully due to the modest wake.
This is what I think I'd read, that they would wakeboard ok (w/ballast) and was wondering in comparison to a 21', I figured surf was questionable at best, also think that since I don't surf now, maybe I am underrating that ability.
I've equipped it with it with 2,250lb of ballast and a GPS speed control. Both are essential.
Yes, definitely both! Nice videos- surf wave was impressive, is your setup exceptional?, your wakeboard movement over the wave is similar to what I can produce w/my 115hp, 18' OB, so glad to see no loss from what I'm used to now. TS w2w is a challenge, eh?! Looked like you were going to show off some switch skills too, yet another wake challenge, and for me why I don't need a wake boat- not looking for inverts here!
195s adds lots of little things like Wetsounds speakers (worth it), 7" Connext (worth it), stern audio, dual bucket seats (wife required feature), nicer trim and wheel, beefier tower, less flashy graphics, docking headlights, marine mats
See, this is great info! One question here- the bucket seat is nice, but do you lose lounge abilities? I have bow and stern fillers in my boat- the best feature- nice sun decks for all to enjoy. I imagine one could create something for the stern on these that can be stowed as well. My diy side...
The 2xx series does have a 20 degree deadrise over the 19ft 18 degree which is better for chop. The beam is wider and open so it "feels" more than 2ft bigger. The single SVHO engine is a good one, but twins is even better. The SVHO requires premium fuel, the HO doesn't.
Again great info, certainly fuel cost differential is not material compared to cost of the boat, but nice to know upfront eh?
If storage is not an issue go with the 210 for the wake and the better ride quality.
By storage, I presume you mean off water, and not on boat, correct?
Having had a 19’ boat and now a wake boat I would steer you away from buying a 19’ for surfing. Can it be done? Yes, but the wake and wave is small and not a lot of push or power. It’s also a chore manually filling bags
I've read a lot of your comments here as well as others and am impressed how you continue to contribute to this community even after moving on to the wake boat (some say dark side!)- saw you on wake forums too (spent time on the moomba forum). I know about the manual chore!
The larger jet boats at least have the ability to use the wake wedge to help shape the wave. The ballast filling process is still a pain so if you don’t want it to be a pita you will want to integrate it as much as possible to mitigate all or as many manual steps as possible.
Yes, and I was also wondering if anyone has DIY plumbed any of these jet boats? The wake wedge, that's a yamaha option, what about the TV that is aftermarket- does this replace the need for the wedge or works w/it and enhances it overall that you'd want both?
I’d recommend at least a 21’ jet boat and more preferably the 1.8 L powered boats and not the TR1’s
Yeah, moving on from the 19' from what all was mentioned above, what's the deal against the TR1's??

Thanks all, really appreciate the information provided. Look forward to learning more!

Correct, yes off water storage. TR1’s are 3 cylinder motors, around 115 hp (x2 so 230 total) these come on the 210’s. The 212’s have a 1.8, 4 cylinder around 180 hp, so 360 total. The TR1’s will perform well even with ballast however it is obviously slower on the top end.

Last edited:
Correct, yes off water storage. TR1’s are 3 cylinder motors, around 115 hp (x2 so 230 total) these come on the 210’s. The 212’s have a 1.8, ;
4 cylinder around 180 hp, so 360 total. The TR1’s will perform well even with ballast however it is obviously slower on the top end.
Yeah, not concerned w/top end speed, but I imagine the larger 1.8L will run more efficiently w/less engine stress? All I hear about is how good these engines are too!

There's a lot of great advice given already - let me just skip "current you" and talk to "future you." :)

1. I like the AR over SX, I want a tower, and for 2.5-3K it's reasonable (I added a Monster Tower to my Bayliner, could again it's 1.5K so not a large save & I like this one that was made for the boat). So, within the AR, the 195 has the SVHO engine, 190 a base engine. What is Super Vortex anyway?

You really avoided a mistake by going with a smaller boat and not buying a factory tower!

2. The 195 v 195S, what's the difference there? All I can tell is the touchscreen is larger (nice) and maybe a stern audio control? All that for +2.5K?

Aren't you glad you bought a boat with two engines?

3. Moving up to the 210, and bam! 2 engines, and of course +$$ naturally. Based on my usage, some water sports and rest cruising around - not a speed demon, but maybe w/the V hull I'll enjoy the ride better than on my Bayliner's flat M hull design and enjoy some higher speeds, but not a requirement), what's the advantage (beyond 2 more feet)? I hear great things about the engines, wondering if the single engine works harder and that's a point? I'd stay at 210 not 212S due to weight.

Aren't those watersports amazing? And the time spent with friends and family - I bet you're glad you bought a bigger boat with two engines and a tower.

4. Wake sports- All about ballast I know, and I've seen the vids on how to setup the boat, but what's the opinion here on a well setup 190 v 195 v 210 for both boarding and surfing? Is there a reason I'd like one over the other? Or will they be comparable wakes? (for a jet boat, I get it, but not needing big air!)

Hahaha - isn't it funny that you thought you'd get away with factory ballast?! So now that you've spent $1500 perfecting your wave, aren't you glad you went with a bigger boat that had a tower and two engines?

5. Options- is either stereo upgrade worth it? No need to pump out tunes or big bass, but would like a nice enough sound system. Or go aftermarket? Surf package, again worth it or better options to go aftermarket- lot out there I've seen. Any other options to consider? (haha w/yamaha, right?!)

I'm actually using ASL to send you this message, now that you've sunk thousands of dollars into your aftermarket sound system - but aren't you glad you can hear the music while surfing and at WOT?!

Welcome!

Others are much more qualified to speak to the watersports end (I am only a noob there--hoping to get to wakeboard this season...). So I will defer on most of those comments.

If you are really an 80% wakesurf person, you may want to consider one of the boats dedicated to that. One of the reasons we went with the jetboat is versatility. I don't think anyone would truthfully say it is the ultimate surf platform. Lots of boats throw better wakes with much less effort. But, the deck out back is great for hanging out on if you want to float and (IMHO) beats anything on the market in this price point. The low draft and lack of prop makes it much easier to cruise, pull up to a beach, etc. without risk to life, limb or craft. The seats are comfy and reconfigurable, so you can fit a few more folks, sunbathe, etc. as needed. Heck, with that back deck you can even fish off of it without getting the tub all gooky (ok, not a lot of room back there, but certainly solo, maybe 2 folks). You want to go fast? Fills my speed need. Corners well, so you kinda get that 'jet ski in a boat' effect.

Point here is that I think it is a very good 'all around' boat. If that appeals over something dedicated to surfing, I think this may be your pick. But you will find boats that are quieter, handle deep sea waves better, fish better, better fit-and-finish, etc. If you are really primarily waving, you may consider other options.

A few other things you have raised: the tower--I went with getting it, even though we were not big skiers or anything. Handy to hold onto for newbies even just getting into the boat. A good speaker holder. Hangs towels, etc. So for me even with those uses it was worth it.

Two engines--I like redundancy. Yes, a single engine was much cheaper. But now, should anything go wrong with one engine, I may get back slow, but I can get back, stay oriented in a storm, etc. That was the original reasoning. Since having one, I have further learned that 2 engines gives you many more navigation options. You can spin the boat very well, optimize turns, trim for the wind/current, even move the boat laterally--all because you have 2 throttles with which to play (and I have had occasion to do all of those things).

DIY--Stick around. There are lots of us around here... We will help you undertake insane projects.

Again, welcome and let us know how we can help.

There's a lot of great advice given already - let me just skip "current you" and talk to "future you." :)
Haha!! Great response! :thumbsup:
If you are really an 80% wakesurf person
I think I confused you, and others? I currently wakeboard ~20% of the time, so my point was I had to consider that when my original thoughts were on a wake boat. I certainly enjoy wakeboarding, but have to admit it's limited amt of time, just buying a wake boat won't really change that I suspect. I would like to try surfing, thus need to move on from the OB. I expect surfing may consume more watersports time out overall, and others will be interested, since wakeboarding seems to scare off others...no idea why! ;) I enjoy it and want to continue w/it too. I'm leaving the wake boat specific option behind due to the versatility of the jet boat and reading / seeing what can be accomplished wake sport wise. Impressed, they've come a long way in this area it appears.
The seats are comfy and reconfigurable, so you can fit a few more folks, sunbathe, etc. as needed. Heck, with that back deck you can even fish off of it
Comfy is good, fishing off the back is well, not likely. Closest I've been on my OB is clamming in the bay....off the boat of course!
You can spin the boat very well, optimize turns, trim for the wind/current, even move the boat laterally--all because you have 2 throttles with which to play (and I have had occasion to do all of those things).

DIY--Stick around. There are lots of us around here... We will help you undertake insane projects.
I like the spin the boat, maneuverability features, I'd expect w/twin engines, and will look forward to it! I'll stick around for the DIY, esp given the very limited options offered by Yamaha (not a bad thing per se). Looking forward to see what everyone is doing. I think one drawback of the Yamaha for me (even in comparison to other jet boats this size) is lack of a good stern (well inside, not on the stern per se) sun pad. I can see a DIY project there. Funny, I love the stern of the Yamaha- the flat back of the wake boats turn me off (and yet they offer the sun pad! Go figure).

Last edited:
@KenWakes?

I think you've gotten a LOT of good spot on advice here. I was going to chime in with a few things, but not sure they'll really add to the conversation.

212X is where I think you would land. Power for ballast, long enough hull to make a decent wake, and the jet keeps your bay cruising ability. 212S might get you there as well, and allow you to build your own wake ballast system instead of using Yamaha's. That could be a plus or minus depending on your outlook. I would definitely look into a 21ft hull with twin 1.8L engines. I think that represents a really good "sweet spot" of value on Yamahas in general. Tons of capability without a ton of price tag.

I was going to mention that if you intend to use a TON of ballast to SURF, then a 190 isn't for you. I think I could surf mine, but it would be on the struggle bus on a regular basis. I have a few mods on mine that help with cavitation, and without those the 190 wouldn't work at all with a heavy load. The 195's have the largest pumps of any of the boats, and subsequently some of the best resistance to cavitation. They also have the power to push the small hull with a heavy load. You bay cruising range will be hampered with the supercharged engines though. I can get ~75mi from my single 190 with DEAD FLAT river water. I would suspect I wouldn't have made that trip in a 195.

As you're a lively 56yr old person, I'll HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend you try a wakeskate. I'm sure the guys here are tired of me pitching this idea to everyone that will listen, but it really is the best combo of wakeboarding and surfing. You have the super low impact of surfing, and lack of pain from crashing when trying to new tricks, but the super quick and easy setup of wakeboarding where you don't need any ballast or additional equipment. If you can ride a wakeboard you'll learn how to get up on a skate really quick. For me (at 40yrs this year), the skate is where it's at. It keeps my boat nice and simple, the setup nice and simple, and allows me to still skim across the water at speed which is really the fun part for me :D Also, if you already have a wakeboard setup, you can get into a skate setup for ~$150 or less. They're cheap AND fun!

Yes, and I was also wondering if anyone has DIY plumbed any of these jet boats? The wake wedge, that's a yamaha option, what about the TV that is aftermarket- does this replace the need for the wedge or works w/it and enhances it overall that you'd want both?

There are a handful of people on here that have fully plumbed their Yamaha jet boats. See @swatski thread on his boat as it is filled with good info on how his setup is. Others can chime in as well.

The Wake Wedge is not that same thing as the Yamaha Wake Booster. Of the two jet wash deflection devices I’d go with the Wake Wedge. It seems to make a nice wave and has a proven history.

Yeah, moving on from the 19' from what all was mentioned above, what's the deal against the TR1's??

They are not as powerful as the 1.8 engines and when you add ballast you will need the extra power. They also have a much lower top speed and overall performance, if that matters to you. The TR1 was introduced to replace the old MR1 engines that were still being used in the wave runners. The TR1 isn’t necessarily bad in a boat, it’s just that if watersports is part of your equation I would go over something like the 212X that has a tower, twin 1.8 engines, etc.

212X is where I think you would land.
Yeah, this is where I'm starting to think as well. This is really picking me up when I keep looking out at our SE PA winter wonderland - next week the nearly daily forecast is for ice accumulation- really lock in the snow!
I'll HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend you try a wakeskate
I've thought of this numerous times, not sure why I haven't gone there yet- other than my original "do it all" versa board (super heavy) w/o any bindings and more like a dead weight than a skate! I will have to read up more on it and seriously consider trying it out. Are you with or w/o shoes / sticky tape?
And thanks, you certainly added, and absolutely agree to the good advice provided to me here. Maybe some other noob (at least to jet boats) happens along and also absorbs all of this great information!

See, this is great info! One question here- the bucket seat is nice, but do you lose lounge abilities?
You can swivel the passenger chair around 180 degrees to lounge with your legs on the rear seating. The helm chair has a bolt in the leg so you can't swing it all the way around for safety reasons I'm guessing - so you don't knock the throttles. Pull the chair straight up and off the leg, and you can easily remove the bolt so you can swivel fully around. You need to slide the seat forward to get clearance from the throttles and steering wheel but that's real easy once you get the hang of the locking mechanism.
I have bow and stern fillers in my boat- the best feature- nice sun decks for all to enjoy. I imagine one could create something for the stern on these that can be stowed as well. My diy side...
The boats come with fillers for the bow. The stern is stepped so not as easy to have a big flat area, but my wife shopped around and found closely matching striped grey outdoor seat cushions for the swim platform - the strings can be tied to the center grab rail so they can't blow away. Makes sitting or lying on the transom area very comfy.
Nothing against them, they're great engines too. They're just smaller with less torque and HP for top end speed. The bigger 21ft boat is a big difference over the 19ft, it's not just the 2 feet and twin engines...you'll see when you look at one.

You can swivel the passenger chair around 180 degrees to lounge with your legs on the rear seating. The helm chair has a bolt in the leg so you can't swing it all the way around for safety reasons I'm guessing - so you don't knock the throttles. Pull the chair straight up and off the leg, and you can easily remove the bolt so you can swivel fully around. You need to slide the seat forward to get clearance from the throttles and steering wheel but that's real easy once you get the hang of the locking mechanism.

The boats come with fillers for the bow. The stern is stepped so not as easy to have a big flat area, but my wife shopped around and found closely matching striped grey outdoor seat cushions for the swim platform - the strings can be tied to the center grab rail so they can't blow away. Makes sitting or lying on the transom area very comfy.

Nothing against them, they're great engines too. They're just smaller with less torque and HP for top end speed. The bigger 21ft boat is a big difference over the 19ft, it's not just the 2 feet and twin engines...you'll see when you look at one.
Can you post a link to the cushions, thanks.

Can you post a link to the cushions, thanks.
Unfortunately no, she found them while browsing in a store like Winners I think and grabbed them right away. Their stock changes so they may or may not have them again this year.

Thanks for the replies, great information from all here so very much appreciated! I've been told I'm the King of the follow up questions (colleague) so here goes if you don't mind, clearly I'm looking at the 21' plus(?) now:

Yes, definitely both! Nice videos- surf wave was impressive, is your setup exceptional?, your wakeboard movement over the wave is similar to what I can produce w/my 115hp, 18' OB, so glad to see no loss from what I'm used to now. TS w2w is a challenge, eh?! Looked like you were going to show off some switch skills too, yet another wake challenge, and for me why I don't need a wake boat- not looking for inverts here!
Thanks! I think we're throwing about as good of a wake as we can with our boat. It's the combination of the additional swim deck ballast bag and the Wake Wedge. Both products designed by @jcyamaharider he and his wife @jcyamahariders wife are great resources for questions about surf setup.

I can't say it's an exception, as many Yamaha owners are utilizing the setup. It's better than what a stock Yamaha can produce. Also a little extra work. The Wake Wedge pre-dates the Yamaha WakeBooster and in my opinion is still the superior system.

I used to manage wake-to-wake toe-side in my teens and 20's behind my parents boat, but I've since lost it in the interim between riding their boat regularly and getting our own boat. I'm getting it back though. It's funny, because now that I have my own boat and have access to better equipment I feel like I enjoy it more now in my late 30's than I ever have. I'm also riding more and improving more... it also hurts more.

As I read recently, "you can surf with the 19's but they are not surf boats"

Back