• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New to me boat, I'm part of the club!

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The one about correct sending unit position?

DUSTOFF

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Finally got around to replacing mine yesterday....the only tricky thing is that you have to rotate the new sender until all the bolts align (duh)....they looked like an identical layout to me....but took me a little scratching to realize that they are not and that my anal retentive mind couldn't fathom that the wires wouldn't be oriented at the 12 or 6 o'clock position!! LOL

Filled her up post replacement and no leaks (my biggest fear)....going to check again today.

Seems to read well now....from the above feedback, seems I'll have to wait for a cycle for it to be fully calibrated?

That is from @Julian in the ongoing fuel sender saga I do not know how to link to thread sorry

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thanks @andy07sx230ho do some work and some don't? Or is it across the board they don't work?
The factory ones are impacted by the changes in fuel density, ethanol to non-ethanol. Sometimes your fuel gauge will be accurate and sometimes it won't. The new ones automatically compensate for the different density of fuel.

Since you have to repair a fuel sending unit gasket, why not just change out the unit with one that we know that works, two birds with one stone.

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Very true. I will probably test this weekend for leaks and order new one as I really want to get the boat out. New toy ya know :D