• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New to the forum and new 2022 AR250 owner with pics.

YamPat

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Hehe šŸ˜œ

I like the sentence "Go Bigger or go Home", But the 252SE is hell of an upgrade from my 2010 AR240

Scooter Scott

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I feel like I'm in a very similar situation as you. My wife wants the fancy stuff where as I want the larger boat for the comfort and add all of the other extras she may want.

MajorBummer210

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Good choice on the 250 for Conroe and Livingston with the way those lakescan both get whipped up. We take our AR210 up there every now and then.

Our home lake is Taylor Lake in SE Houston and we absolutely love traveling to Canyon Lake,TX 2-3x a summer. Beautiful crystal clear water just NE of Greune, TX

BenjaminF

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I feel like I'm in a very similar situation as you. My wife wants the fancy stuff where as I want the larger boat for the comfort and add all of the other extras she may want.
We have no regret going that direction at all. Too many people said go bigger to be ignored.

BenjaminF

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Good choice on the 250 for Conroe and Livingston with the way those lakescan both get whipped up. We take our AR210 up there every now and then.

Our home lake is Taylor Lake in SE Houston and we absolutely love traveling to Canyon Lake,TX 2-3x a summer. Beautiful crystal clear water just NE of Greune, TX
Lake Conroe is the most convenient for us because we are like 45 min away from it. Definitely looking at others too. Austin looks to have plenty of nice lakes.

Dragracer_Art

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
What kind of ETA's are you guys seeing on new boat orders ?
Wife and I are kicking some ideas around and may pull the trigger on a new one soon.

BenjaminF

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What kind of ETA's are you guys seeing on new boat orders ?
Wife and I are kicking some ideas around and may pull the trigger on a new one soon.
Very difficult to say. I believe that even the dealers cannot guaranty a delivery time. But the longer you wait the more chances youā€™ll have not to get one at all. It may be already too late for some dealerships that have sold all their allocations. I would suggest calling some dealerships around you. You may end up being lucky like me and get one from stock.

MillsyMO

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
Iā€™m in that same boat. I canā€™t make up my mind on the AR250 or a 212 SE or SD. The larger boat sounds better for the more comfortable ride and weā€™ll consistently have 6-8 adults. I just hate that you lose the center rear seat on the AR250. Iā€™m not sure why they made it 6ā€ longer than the AR240 but then cut out a seat for the cooler and took away the center rear seat. You have to step up $20k to the higher end models to get the removable rear seat option. Seems silly to me.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Iā€™m in that same boat. I canā€™t make up my mind on the AR250 or a 212 SE or SD. The larger boat sounds better for the more comfortable ride and weā€™ll consistently have 6-8 adults. I just hate that you lose the center rear seat on the AR250. Iā€™m not sure why they made it 6ā€ longer than the AR240 but then cut out a seat for the cooler and took away the center rear seat. You have to step up $20k to the higher end models to get the removable rear seat option. Seems silly to me.

If the bigger boat is a consideration, get the bigger boat. I am not sure what type of water you will boat on, but they do handle much better in rougher waters.

MillsyMO

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
If the bigger boat is a consideration, get the bigger boat. I am not sure what type of water you will boat on, but they do handle much better in rougher waters.
Iā€™m in MO so 100% of our boating will be on local lakes. The 21ā€™ will be plenty big for around here. I just like the thought of the 25ā€™ boat for more room as I will consistently have 6-8 adults and 2-3 teens onboard. The only reason why Iā€™m doubting the larger boat is bc the 21ā€™ seems like it would have more seating even though itā€™s shorter bc the AR250 doesnā€™t have a seat behind the Cpt chair anymore and doesnā€™t offer a filler cushion for the rear step through like the AR210. So now Iā€™m scratching my head on which would actually have more room.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Remember too that the 25' has a step down area for a Head/Toilet which is nice. If you are talking that many people I would probably go to the 25'. If I knew what I know now and how we use the boat and how many people/kids I bring, I would of gotten the 24' or 25' over the 21'. We do just fine in the 21' but larger would of been better imho.

But keep in mind that we do both small inland lakes and Lake St. Clair and the Great Lakes and soon to do some bays down in florida. The 25' would have been more than well rounded for everything.

MillsyMO

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
I appreciate the feedback. I definitely like the idea of the 25ā€™ especially since we hit the Lake Of the Ozarks a couple of times a year which gets pretty rough for smaller boats. I was only doubting it bc of the loss of the 2 seats. Thanks again!

Scarpp

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I purchased the same boat. Came in around the end of December. Nice Christmas gift! Lol. Your pics of the boat look great. I asked the marina where I bought it if they would mind me keeping it there for the winter. So they let me for free, which was awesome. Iā€™ve been on this forum looking for stuff I need for the boat. Iā€™ve purchased a bunch of things. Still have a long way to go. Whatā€™s been your most useful item youā€™ve bought for your boat?

Txbred

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I purchased the same boat. Came in around the end of December. Nice Christmas gift! Lol. Your pics of the boat look great. I asked the marina where I bought it if they would mind me keeping it there for the winter. So they let me for free, which was awesome. Iā€™ve been on this forum looking for stuff I need for the boat. Iā€™ve purchased a bunch of things. Still have a long way to go. Whatā€™s been your most useful item youā€™ve bought for your boat?
EVERSPROUT Telescopic Boat Hook | Floating, Heavy-Duty Design | Non-Slip EVA Foam Hand Grips | Lightweight, Rust-Resistant Aluminum, 3-Stage Pole (Length: 13 Feet, 19 Feet, 25 Feet) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HHKRFNT/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_i_Z0T3P6T0HX4YGM089VXC
I've used this a few times. Pulling hats, sunglasses, floats out of the water. Pulling the boat closer to the dock as well.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Telescopic Boat Hook | Floating,
Yup we bought one of these years ago...what they don't tell you is the telescoping lock ring loosens and it comes apart. We lost half of ours in the water and it only floats when it's in one piece - as soon as half falls off, it's an open tube and sinks like a stone.
:)
So our replacement hook is a one-piece tube. We opted for the 4ft which my wife can handle easily and works great for retrieval of dropped items or "grabbing" the dock. Fit's nicely under the starboard seat.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

TX_Mercenary

Reaction score
Boat Make