• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Tool for Me To Carry on the Boat

Mark TN

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Last night I sucked up a 3/8" thick piece of wood that looks like a slice off a 2 x 4. It made it through the impeller but wedged flat across the fins at the exit and it was just thick enough to fill the gap between the fins and the impeller so it would not fall out. At home I still didn't have any tools long enough to reach it and allow me to get it out. I made a new tool to carry with me. It is a 5/16" stainless rod that is 27" long with a flat screw driver like tip ground on one end. Just something else for me to have so I don't always have to some back to the house to remove an obstruction.

Attachments

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Clever. maybe but a screw driver handle on the other end to protect your hands. Thanks for sharing.

Mark TN

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I need to come up with something I can swap between the ends as I planned the other end for a time I may need to run the smooth end in to have less potential to scratch anything. Thanks for the suggestion.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
put a small right angle on the other end so you can reach up through the intake grate and pull things out the bottom I also have one with a fishing pole handle that has the right angle on the end so I can swipe it across the intake grate to remove weeds. and I built a 20 inch long knife for things that need to be cut out of the intake

Attachments

Mark TN

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
put a small right angle on the other end so you can reach up through the intake grate and pull things out the bottom I also have one with a fishing pole handle that has the right angle on the end so I can swipe it across the intake grate to remove weeds. and I built a 20 inch long knife for things that need to be cut out of the intake
I like your brass knife. Did you make it or grind the shape on an existing brass blade. If so where did you find a 20" brass blade?

Mark TN

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Since my original design is for driving out wedged items I took Dean's idea and found a junk piece of wood that I fashioned into a crude handle I could swap from end to end. I did drive a metal piece into the hole so the screw driver end would not split it. Hopefully I will never again have to use it but I doubt it.

Attachments

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
It is not brass it is stainless steel and pretty heavy gauge I was at a garage sale and noticed a very nice B B Q tong for 5 dollars and the little voice in me said buy it and cut it in half then flatten the curved end make some wood handles and put one in each p w c so you can cup out ropes etc. and free up entangled sea birds as well " I do a lot of that also" I am now making a quick extension for that purpose since 20 inches is still too close to some of those birds that don't realize you are trying to set them free rather that eat them. Especially pelicans with big snapping beaks.

Mark TN

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thanks, that is helpful. I think will make a couple of these. One like yours and one with a sharpened hook end. I am going to try for 27"