• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Tower Installed By WakeTowerPro *step 3 complete*

CDENsomnia

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
The install of the Aerial Freeride tower and bimini are now complete. I take the boat in to get the holes filled on Wednesday but here are the pictures of the new tower on the boat. I am a little disappointed in the bimini as its just terrible to take on and off an remove the canvas.

This tower traditionally sits very high on any boat because the bimini is below the speakers. I was very particular of placement because I have seen some pretty terrible placement of this particular tower on any boat. In fact the boat that Aerial has pictures of a Yamaha with this tower, the tower is at the back of the boat and just looks goofy. I think we were able to get it placed just right so it doesn't look too tall and in the right position over the boat.

We also ended up with a rack that is made for this tower which was insanely expensive but man is it nice!

To collapse the tower, we have to remove the bimini structure and then remove the front leg bolts. Then for our boat the tower will fold backwards.

The guys at http://www.waketowerpro.com/ were awesome to work with and did a great job with the install. They custom make their wiring harness to be waterproof and did a better than expected job at reinforcing our thin fiberglass.

20160314_174243.jpg 20160314_174256.jpg 20160314_174302.jpg 20160314_174314.jpg

Last edited:

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thats a great looking tower!

DieselCamel

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
World Cat
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Looks great:thumbsup:. Any reason for tower change other than want?

CDENsomnia

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Looks great:thumbsup:. Any reason for tower change other than want?
My factory tower had issues of terrible lateral movement. I had the dealer take several swings at improving it...that failed so i finally replaced it. This one has some lateral movement but doesnt appear near as bad. Plus the bimini on this tower is massive.

DieselCamel

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
World Cat
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Nice. I looked at the tower several times for my seadoo just couldn't justify it as i only wanted it for aesthetics

CDENsomnia

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Yeah it took a lot of frustration to finally pull the trigger. All told this project is over 5k. Ouch!!

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Beautiful boat! I guess the pics don't do the bimini justice because I thought it looked small. Hope it all works to your liking considering the investment that you've made.

CDENsomnia

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I believe the bimini is just short of 8 feet long. I cant wait to get it out on the water!

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I don't think I've ever seen an aftermarket tower that didn't drive me nuts. Until now. Kudos to you sir.

CDENsomnia

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@veedubtek thank you sir!! Spent a lot of time looking around. I did find one other tower i liked but luckily it wouldnt work for our boats.

sstegh

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I can't see the pictures :(. In my mind it's bad ass!

CDENsomnia

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Anyone else having problems with the pictures? Thought I had that issue fixed from another post that had the problem.

bobbie

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Can't see them too

Pinhacker71

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
Can't see pictures either. Sounds nice though.

DJMattyT

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Is this the tower that has the solar panels on top to charge your batteries?

CDENsomnia

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
No, I think thats an option on the new factory towers. This tower is just an aftermarket tower made by Aerial.

CDENsomnia

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@sstegh @Pinhacker71 @bobbie Are the pictures showing for you all now? They are hosted on google photos so Google must have made some changes because i haven't had any issues in the past.

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The install of the Aerial Freeride tower and bimini are now complete. I take the boat in to get the holes filled on Wednesday but here are the pictures of the new tower on the boat. I am a little disappointed in the bimini as its just terrible to take on and off an remove the canvas.

This tower traditionally sits very high on any boat because the bimini is below the speakers. I was very particular of placement because I have seen some pretty terrible placement of this particular tower on any boat. In fact the boat that Aerial has pictures of a Yamaha with this tower, the tower is at the back of the boat and just looks goofy. I think we were able to get it placed just right so it doesn't look too tall and in the right position over the boat.

We also ended up with a rack that is made for this tower which was insanely expensive but man is it nice!

To collapse the tower, we have to remove the bimini structure and then remove the front leg bolts. Then for our boat the tower will fold backwards.

The guys at http://www.waketowerpro.com/ were awesome to work with and did a great job with the install. They custom make their wiring harness to be waterproof and did a better than expected job at reinforcing our thin fiberglass.

No pics for me either!